Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 42

Author Topic: [Quickfort] 2.04 released -- now with minecart track support! [DF 0.34.10]  (Read 302157 times)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
Re: [Quickfort] Version 1.08 released
« Reply #135 on: November 15, 2009, 10:10:52 pm »

ah...I was being a bit dunderheaded and not considering that people might futz with their format on the input spreadsheet. I was just referring to the output of your program.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

shadow_slicer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 15, 2009, 11:47:48 pm »

In the slightly longer term, I am going to be recoding the core CSV-to-keystrokes part of Quickfort as a Python library. It will also support converting CSV blueprints into the new DF macro syntax. This will let both Windows and non-Windows players use Quickfort for their construction efforts.

I'm also going to take a crack at generating more optimized keystroke patterns to generate a given blueprint, instead of just using the simplistic left-to-right, row-by-row approach. This will make digging out a large square room very quick, for instance -- we'll just draw one large region from corner to opposite corner instead of going line by line. It should be an interesting task, and will use some simple pathfinding algorithms to do the job. Which seems only appropriate for a Dwarf Fortress utility :)

Are you talking about something similar to LinDesignator (a cross-platform python library for CSV template-to-keystrokes which can output in the new DF macro format)?

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2009, 05:34:36 pm »

Are you talking about something similar to LinDesignator (a cross-platform python library for CSV template-to-keystrokes which can output in the new DF macro format)?

Yeah!! Nice work there. This is exactly the kind of thing I had in mind. I wasn't even aware of LinDesignator :)

I'll be watching your development on this and/or may use your code as a jumping-off point for some of the more advanced designation algorithms I mentioned in an earlier post (if you have no objections). Perhaps you'd also be interested in collaborating?

Once the Python component is stable (and it looks like you're pretty much there already) and feature-complete, I am going to rework the Windows-only Quickfort to utilize the Python component for the actual conversion backend. So Quickfort will just become a frontend to the (multiplatform) converter.

Again, nice work.

shadow_slicer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 17, 2009, 09:42:42 pm »

Thanks.
I'm actually not doing that much work with LinDesignator anymore. The last update made it output in the DF macro format as opposed to sending key presses to the DF window. Currently I'm working on other things and there's not much more that I can think of to add to it right now, so you're welcome to take my code and use it as you would like.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 27, 2009, 09:13:27 am »

This looks awesome, will try it out in a sec
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Zantan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 26, 2010, 08:15:56 pm »

Hey, awesome tool!

I'm sitting on a new fort design right now, which I'm planning on using when the next version comes out.  Since the program seems to work using the built in DF macros, I was wondering if anyone thought this would immediately work on the next version, and if not, whether joelpt plans on updating it.  We would all be ever so grateful.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 27, 2010, 05:25:59 am »

Unfortunately macros are getting pulled back OUT for d17.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Zantan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2010, 08:20:28 am »

That's very sad...but I looked closer at Quickfort today, and it seems to just be inputting keystrokes.  This makes it seem like it may automatically work with the new version...?

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2010, 10:35:08 am »

That's very sad...but I looked closer at Quickfort today, and it seems to just be inputting keystrokes.  This makes it seem like it may automatically work with the new version...?

Provided that the interface doesn't change (eg, [d] is still "dig up-down stairs").

Elvang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 27, 2010, 02:40:32 pm »

Even if the interface did change, it'd be fairly easy to update the .cvs files to work with a simple replace all. Quickfort never actually exits the menu you started out in unless you're using multiple blueprints, so even if b->o doesn't select a road you can still use Quickfort's build mode without issue by placing the cursor with a different item. Additionally, at least in the version I downloaded, the AutoHotKey file is included so you can change the relevant keys easily.
The Practicalities of Fire Imp Defense
Tileset fonts for dfterm/telnet
Win 0.34.11 SDL with 7 binary patched bugfixes
Quote from: They Dig
I have come here to drink booze and breach HFS... and I'm all out of booze.

tastypaste

• Bay Watcher
  • "It's delicious!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 27, 2010, 08:50:41 pm »

Thanks for this tool. After a bit of time setting up my custom csv's I was able to set up a highly efficient and organized fortress in record time. And now that I have my template pieces I can build future forts in a hurry too.

But I've noticed an odd bug. Most of the time when I use the build function to set up multiple buildings it stops right before the job is done. Even if I have more than enough items to complete the order it will rarely if ever place the last few items. I have to do them manually. It's usually just the last 1-3 items and only in the build function. Everything else (queries, digging, stockpiles etc.) works flawlessly. It's just this one tiny problem. I've tried slowing the delaymultiplier to see if it was just a slowdown problem but that didn't help. Neither does closing the program or refreshing.

Occasionally it will finish the entire job without problem but most of the time it won't. Any ideas of what's happening?
Denethor cancels stewardship:  Went Insane.
Denethor went berserk!

TauQuebb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 28, 2010, 07:13:13 am »

I use a keyboard with programmable macro keys, so i tend to use that, but i found if the inputs occour too fast, with a pause less then 10ms between each keystroke, DF can't keep up and you end with it either stopping half way through, or missing a few steps.

Could this be a similar fault?

tastypaste

• Bay Watcher
  • "It's delicious!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 28, 2010, 10:43:43 am »

I use a keyboard with programmable macro keys, so i tend to use that, but i found if the inputs occour too fast, with a pause less then 10ms between each keystroke, DF can't keep up and you end with it either stopping half way through, or missing a few steps.

Could this be a similar fault?

I don't think it's a slowdown issue. I've been steadily increasing the delay and now I'm at 500. It still happens. Right towards the end of building the cursor moves way off to the side of the build site and starts trying to build objects where it shouldn't. It happens at different times. Sometimes it's the last line of building, sometimes it's 5 lines from the end. Sometimes it goes off to the left, sometimes to the right. And it happens on all of the build plans even when they have all of the proper #'s designating the end of a row.

I can't tell what it's doing.
Denethor cancels stewardship:  Went Insane.
Denethor went berserk!

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #148 on: January 29, 2010, 12:02:53 am »

Weird bug. I'll look into it. Could you post one of your build blueprints that is hanging near the end? (Post to the drop.io site linked in the first post)

I have an updated version of QF I've just been sitting on here for some time (real world demands yada yada); at the worst I will get an updated version of QF released to coincide with the new DF release, and make sure everything works properly there.

Sad to hear about the loss of macros in d17 ... at least the keystroke method still works for now.

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 29, 2010, 12:14:01 am »

Is there any easy way to rotate a design in Quickfort? Working on fractal layouts and it would be immensely easier if I could rotate a group of cells 90 degrees.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 42