Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]

Author Topic: RPLP- Battleships Forever ͽMutinyͼ -- Twi wants you to do it again  (Read 65563 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RPLP- Battleships Forever ͽMutinyͼ -- Captain's chair is open!
« Reply #645 on: November 30, 2010, 06:57:57 pm »

Sorry, just trying to keep the thread alive.

You could construct a railgun engine to push the ship, in fact, you probably would, as it is a great way to get a lot of energy(which there are various method of acquiring while in space) into a small amount of matter(which is comparatively rare in deep space) to create a matter-efficient drive.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: RPLP- Battleships Forever ͽMutinyͼ -- Sound Off, and such!
« Reply #646 on: November 30, 2010, 07:20:55 pm »

Action and reaction, etc...
Wouldn't that mean that it would actually recoil FORWARDS, though? <_>
Note: Actual railguns work by running an electric current through two rails, via the projectile. Thus, electromagnetic fields are created, and the projectile goes forward. A 'ferrous stream', as per the forum glossary, would not work...
In other news, I have no idea why the mining beams look off, they supposedly have  the same X coordinate.
Also, testing with weapons, etc...
Also @ Sensei: Perhaps so...
But I don't feel like changing it now.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 30, 2010, 07:23:29 pm »

Some of the sprites are lopsided, you might have to move them a couple ticks.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 30, 2010, 08:22:06 pm »

Ah, that makes sense.
*decides to put the rest in the general thread since I've stopped talking about the RP anyways*

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 02, 2010, 09:10:30 pm »

*sighs*
Now if only there was someone to run this RP- wait.
*notices people staring at person who is "from an RP site"*
Well, that sounds an awful lot like me. Not that I'd have much luck with the BSF part (stupid mouse pad!), but that can be given to someone else.
Of course, that requires there to be people interested in RPing. Is anyone even still interested?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 09:14:35 pm by Twi »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RPLP- Battleships Forever ͽMutinyͼ -- Twi wants you to do it again
« Reply #650 on: December 03, 2010, 12:10:03 am »

Still interested, but the B.S.F. part is kind of significant...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 03, 2010, 05:06:12 pm »

Yeah...
While it'd be possible, it'd probably be extremely slow if I had to do said part...

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: RPLP- Battleships Forever ͽMutinyͼ -- Twi wants YOU! for this RPLP
« Reply #652 on: December 04, 2010, 01:20:40 am »

Eh, I'm having some troubles with BSF. I probably couldn't do that at the moment.
I don't even think RAM and Z-chris's ships are uploaded...
EDIT: While I'm at it, have a pic of the new and improved Valkyrie.

EPIC!
Thor's Hammer's shtick in this event is that it fires a sustained volley of really rapid shells (say, six a second), with extra clipsize as well as boosted power, range, accuracy, bullet speed, etc. Might shoot triple. Of course, the way I've modded it so far, it's massively overpowered.
I've got some plans for what that Ship Deployer might deploy, by the way. However, I suspect I might have to trade it for a Booster (on Thor's Hammer, of course).
I'll show those in a bit.
EDIT: Here they are.
The Night Fury (hurray, movie reference!). Little more than a superpowered tactical nuke cannon on some serious thrusters (it's the fastest of the three, and they seem to be in speed order here). Each nuke travels extremely fast, making it hard to intercept, and does enormous damage in the radius. Good sniper and assassin, but the nuke cannon has a limited clipsize and after that has extremely long reload. Also a robot.

Next, there's the Einherjar, a baddass-looking, fast gunship. And believe me, it is armed to the teeth:

Tell me that doesn't look awesome. It's a robot as well.

The final choice is the Diviner (yay, Riviera reference!). It's a long-ranged attack ship, but it also has two Beamers for defense. It's fairly easy to overwhelm enemy PD with it, plus it has a Gluon Bolter as well. This one is a robot, too! It's the slowest, but still faster than the already speedy Valkyrie.

On a different note, I've never tried out Flash Bolters....

« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 08:39:20 am by Twi »

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 12, 2011, 01:05:29 am »

That sucks, I kinda hoped to see this thrive because I liked the story. And I bloody suck at shipmaker (But kinda good player) ... But I do not want to have this half time Whilst also being in a tvtropes RP
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]