Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35

Author Topic: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Game Over! Mafia Wins)  (Read 35735 times)

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Day 1)
« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2009, 06:59:05 pm »

I'm going to reveal my role, seeing that Diakron can confirm me.

I am the Unlimited Voter, sorry for the confusion, but I think the Infinity Voter is scum because his role is suspiciously like mine, and so far in these Vote Mafia games, people who have similar roles usually one of them is scum.

The Infinity Voter is also more powerful than me.

toony how can i confirm you? FOS for trying to use me to clear yourself. i was so surprise to read this that i almost skipped ahead and posted without reading everything please explain yourself and put me at ease.

Also can some1 explain why panda is comfirmed to have an unknown role??
Back to Mafia with me!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2009, 07:04:27 pm »

Aren't you the one to say there WAS a Unlimited Voter?   ::)

Also, to avoid all confusion.  Webadict said that the Infinity Voter and the Unlimited Voter both have the same amount, so a double lynch would occur if we both voted.  I'm not sure about if one was motivated though, it shouldn't change anything.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2009, 07:09:03 pm »

So, an unlimited voter is just like an infinity voter, except a UV can change around his vote while a IV can't?

Do I have that right?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2009, 07:12:39 pm »

Unvote

So wait, before I make any hasty decisions, I want to get this straight.

The infinity voter and the unlimited voter have what is essentially the same power, but the IV will trump the UV if they're both in play, and the UV can switch his around, and will only be negated if he actually manages to kill someone, at which point he becomes a normal townie with 1 vote?

Hey Zaithemaster, what do you make of this? I'm not trying to deflect, by the way, I just want to know your thoughts.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2009, 07:25:29 pm »

but i cannot say that you are the unlimited voter so i cant prove anything about you.
Back to Mafia with me!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 30, 2009, 07:31:41 pm »

Unvote

The infinity voter and the unlimited voter have what is essentially the same power, but the IV will trump the UV if they're both in play, and the UV can switch his around, and will only be negated if he actually manages to kill someone, at which point he becomes a normal townie with 1 vote?

Hey Zaithemaster, what do you make of this? I'm not trying to deflect, by the way, I just want to know your thoughts.

Could you clarify as to what it is you are asking my thoughts on?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 30, 2009, 07:44:21 pm »

Unvote

Could you clarify as to what it is you are asking my thoughts on?

Chaoticjosh used the same wording that you're voting me for. Note the bolded part. What's your response? (Like I said, not trying to deflect, I'm trying to your response.)
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 30, 2009, 07:45:27 pm »

Alright, I've been reading some things:

I'm going to reveal my role, seeing that Diakron can confirm me.

I am the Unlimited Voter, sorry for the confusion, but I think the Infinity Voter is scum because his role is suspiciously like mine, and so far in these Vote Mafia games, people who have similar roles usually one of them is scum.

The Infinity Voter is also more powerful than me.

I'm trying to wrap my head around why you'd roleclaim. I can understand the whole "wanting to appear town" concept, but this ultimately doesn't accomplish anything. What I mean by this is, if you were in fact town, you wouldn't have to worry about how your power might implicate you, because it'd be your power to use against the mafia, and this only throws you out into the open. By doing this, you've made yourself worthless to the town in a practical sense. So, through this I'm led to believe that this was all aethetics, what do you think about that Toonyman?

Although, I guess my vote doesn't really matter, since your power can overpower everyone else's.

Actually, ToonyMan, the vote counter is the obvious counter to your role, although the infinity voter is another counter as well. However, counter-role |= scum.

Vote Free Beer. Ignore his list, it probably has 2 scum in one of the groups. I think he's scum trying to "clear" a teamate. If not that, then he's just an idiot who might accidentally "clear" a scum in any case.

Do you mind if I question you on your vote of Free Beer? His lists were very sensible, and your accusation is very vague. Can you point out what you don't like about it exactly? What I mean is, if you're going to preemptively accuse him of WIFOM'ing the town, then come out and say it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 30, 2009, 07:49:34 pm »

So, an unlimited voter is just like an infinity voter, except a UV can change around his vote while a IV can't?

Do I have that right?

Infinity Voter can choose when to use his infinite votes and he still has a single vote after that.  I'm the same, except for those limitations.  Thus my suspicion.  Don't even bother trying to vote me.

The reason why I had to role-claim was so that I can explain why I thought Infinity Voter was scum, I sorta caught myself in a stupid trap.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 30, 2009, 07:50:40 pm »

toony does seem to be suspicious and in the few games i played with him he was not scum so their is a good chance he is one now. laws of probability and all...
Back to Mafia with me!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 30, 2009, 07:51:54 pm »

Blah blah blah.  I can be arrogant because I am ultimate.  Who should I lynch?  Hmmm....don't get on my bad side.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 30, 2009, 07:54:21 pm »

toony does seem to be suspicious and in the few games i played with him he was not scum so their is a good chance he is one now. laws of probability and all...
Methinks you are scum, and Toony is not. On the other hand, it couldd be an elaborate WIFOM to convince us Toony isn't scum, but either way Diakron must be scum.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 30, 2009, 07:57:34 pm »

Quote from: Free Beer
I'm willing to go out on a limb and say the following:
As with previous Vote Mafias, it is likely that webadict attempted to balance the scum team. If two people have similar powers, I'm willing to bet at least one is scum.
Toward that end, I think at one person in each of the following sets: {Infinity Voter, Unlimited Voter, Double Voter, Triple Voter, Fibonacci Voter}, {Vote Counter, Copycat Voter}, and {No Voter, Vote Amplifier, Motivator, Negative Voter, (whatever Pandarsenic's role is), Unknown Voter} is scum.
The reasoning is simple: With that setup, the mafia gets one information gathering power, one lynch power, and one buddying/"unlikely to be scum" power.

I voted him because this is false and he is, in fact, going to wind up WIFOMing the town that way. Think about what's he saying. We've all agree'd that Webadict makes the setup randomly. Thus, he doesn't "balance" the scum team. Well, there you go, we all agree what he's saying is wrong and thus THIS PART OF HIS POST should be ignored.

However, here's something we should consider. It's unlikely that Webadict would allow a Triple Voter, Double Voter, Fibonacci Voter scum-team, especially with the Vote Amplifier and Nonvoter as town. If that's the scumteam, we've already lost unless we lynch them today or tomorrow anyways, so it's a wash. Other than that, except for how everybody uses their role, we really can't deduce anything from roles alone. Period.

Fake edit: FoS Diakron for trying to use Gambler's Fallacy to push a lynch on ToonyMan.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 30, 2009, 08:02:08 pm »

wtf are you talking about?? i am a military man. when we went through BCT we learn that every1 at one point is selected for sh*t work. i have yet to see toony as scum.

Say what you will i was just thinking out loud cause in the other mafia games people complained that i dont post enough
Back to Mafia with me!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 30, 2009, 08:03:49 pm »

Blah blah blah.  I can be arrogant because I am ultimate.  Who should I lynch?  Hmmm....don't get on my bad side.

Threatening all of the town isn't what I'd call a good answer Toon. But since it's really come down to it, I have to ask the stupid obvious question to you: From what you've seen thus far, whom would you kill and why?

Also, WA, what is the vote count and when will the day end?

Also, Mr.Person, thanks for displaying your thoughts more clearly.

And Diakron, Toony was scum in the first vote mafia. You weren't there though, and probably haven't read it, but defending a fallacy is a dodgy thing, just to let you know.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35