Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35

Author Topic: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Game Over! Mafia Wins)  (Read 35729 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Day 1)
« Reply #195 on: September 01, 2009, 10:23:11 am »

See, now I have to read back to see if that's really the case. I don't remember every role being revealed. It's probably because someone didn't make a list or something.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 01, 2009, 10:31:39 am »

Alright, so everyone's posted, and all the roles are known.  In case I'm still voting, Unvote.

Role NameKnown ByClaimed By
Vote CounterFrelock?
Infinity VoterToonyMan?
Copycat Voterchaoticjosh?
(something)PandarsenicPandarsenic
Fibonacci VoterFree Beer?
Double-VoterMephansteras?
Vote AmplifierMr. Person?
Unlimited VoterDiakron?
Negative Votermajor_sephiroth?
No VoterJanusTwoFace?
MotivatorOrg?
Triple VoterRedWarrior?

[...]

Updated:
Role NameKnown ByClaimed By
Vote CounterFrelock?
Infinity VoterToonyMan?
Copycat Voterchaoticjosh?
(something)PandarsenicPandarsenic
Fibonacci VoterFree Beer?
Double-VoterMephansterasRedWarrior0
Vote AmplifierMr. Person?
Unlimited VoterDiakronToonyMan
Unknown VoterZaithemasterFrelock
Negative Votermajor_sephiroth?
No VoterJanusTwoFace?
MotivatorOrg?
Triple VoterRedWarrior?

Are you going to answer my question, chaoticjosh?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 01, 2009, 10:33:54 am »

Ah, thanks, I had just found it when you did that.

What question was that again?

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 01, 2009, 10:35:13 am »

You aren't paying attention. Is that intentional, are do you really just not care?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 01, 2009, 10:38:26 am »

I thought that was a rhetorical question!

The list was posted 8 pages ago, and it slipped my mind.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 01, 2009, 10:42:36 am »

You also ran with it when JanusTwoface erroneously claimed that there was a Vote Reporter, and in general have not really been participating. You've instead firmly established yourself as a member of the peanut gallery, along with RedWarrior0, Diakron, Org, and major_sephiroth.

That you aren't paying attention is an undeniable fact. Would you care to answer why?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 01, 2009, 10:45:22 am »

When did I run with anything? When did this happen?

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 01, 2009, 10:49:45 am »

[...]  Especially with a Vote Reporter in play.[...]
[...]Of course, that's barely sufficient, so let's hypothetically say you were the vote reporter, how would you go about using that role?

(underlines are mine, bold is not)

I've got the evidence, so you may as well own up to it.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 01, 2009, 10:55:41 am »

Own up to what exactly? That was one of those hypothetical questions that we like to prod eachother with occasionally.

But to take your inquiries more seriously, I've been catching up on my television watching lately, and only been tangentially following the events since the arguing calmed down.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 01, 2009, 10:59:54 am »

Own up to what exactly? That was one of those hypothetical questions that we like to prod eachother with occasionally.

Own up to the fact that you haven't been paying attention. Do you even know that I am voting for you?

But to take your inquiries more seriously, I've been catching up on my television watching lately, and only been tangentially following the events since the arguing calmed down.

This is a good start. Is there a reason why you think TV is more interesting than the events here? Do you feel at least partly responsible for the arguing having calmed down?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 01, 2009, 11:14:01 am »

Of course I know you're voting for me, I've got some facts wrong, but that doesn't mean I'm spaced out over here.

But I can see how I the arguing might have calmed down because of me. It was very lazy of me to just put this on the backburner while I did my own thing.

I have to thank you though, I feel a bit more into it now, I suppose I can stop this reactionary movement, and attack again.

Janus, this is pedantic of me, I know, but how come you go out of your way to bold every role you mention? I can understand the first few times, but you haven't really let up on making sure everyone knows that you're saying a role's name.

Toonyman, you're a big ball of obfuscating stupidity, and much like the tvtropes article of the same name, you act dumb while actually being very intelligent. Now, call me resentful of you controlling today's lynch, but I feel that someone in your prodigious position of authority would actually, you know, be more aggressive on others. You've been rather complacent, if I say so myself, and I resent that even more. In fact, I'd even call it a scumtell.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 01, 2009, 11:20:04 am »

I missed it all! Drat. Anyhow, vote count.

Vote Count

chaoticjosh - ToonyMan (1)
Org - Frelock (4)
ToonyMan - JanusTwoface (1)
RedWarrior0 - Free Beer (1)
Free Beer - Mr.Person, Diakron (1)
Mr.Person - Zaithemaster, Mephansteras (4)
Diakron - RedWarrior0, Pandarsenic (2)
Zaithemaster - chaoticjosh (1)

This is from when it happened. It may be off by a bit.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 01, 2009, 11:23:36 am »

Sorry. I'll extend the Day for 10 hours. I was away for a bit, as I tend to be distracted by things like a girlfriend.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 01, 2009, 11:29:35 am »

Toonyman, you're a big ball of obfuscating stupidity, and much like the tvtropes article of the same name, you act dumb while actually being very intelligent. Now, call me resentful of you controlling today's lynch, but I feel that someone in your prodigious position of authority would actually, you know, be more aggressive on others. You've been rather complacent, if I say so myself, and I resent that even more. In fact, I'd even call it a scumtell.

Hmmm...you've got a good point there, Josh. Why would someone with the ability to have an effectively guaranteed lynch not care who they lynch? I know this is Day 1 and you don't have a lot to go on, Toony, but...every other game you start off with some nice list of the people you think are scum. It may not be based in fact, but it is something you do all the time, and actually has a decent track record of finding at least one scum. Why didn't you do that this time?

I have a meeting to go to, but I'm going to try to review this thread before the day ends. Right now, though, my main suspicions are on Free Beer, Mr.Person, and ToonyMan as being the scum team. Mr.Person and Free Beer for what kind of looks like a staged fight, and ToonyMan for rather uncharacteristic behavior.

I guess I'll leave my vote on Mr.Person for now, since my Triple Vote puts us equal with Frelock's 4 votes for Org.

Frelock, do you still think Org is scum? Or do you have a better target for those 4 votes?

@web: Yeah, funny how girlfriends take time away from GMing. I had that issue last night with Paranormal.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 01, 2009, 12:00:20 pm »

Staged? Free Beer's dogging of chaoticjosh for the dumbest things makes me think he's scum all the more.

Not that I think chaoticjosh isn't scum, mind you, but I feel very confident Free Beer is.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35