Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35

Author Topic: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Game Over! Mafia Wins)  (Read 35738 times)

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Day 1)
« Reply #210 on: September 01, 2009, 12:30:19 pm »

Staged? Free Beer's dogging of chaoticjosh for the dumbest things makes me think he's scum all the more.

Not that I think chaoticjosh isn't scum, mind you, but I feel very confident Free Beer is.

For the record, Mr. Person, I went after chaoticjosh because of the aforementioned Vote Reporter issue. The mistake of erroneously claiming that there is a Vote Reporter in play is not the sort of mistake that a scum player would make. For that reason, I think Janus is town. I wanted to know if chaoticjosh went along with it because he was not paying attention (thereby implicating him as also town), or if he realized the same thing I did and went along in order to create the illusion that he was not paying attention (thereby implicating him as scum). The fact that he was initially hesitant to report that he wasn't paying attention leads me to believe that the thought was something foreign to him, and I therefore think that chaoticjosh is also town. I'll forgive you for being blind to this.

I'm going to FoS ToonyMan. He said earlier that he was using his power and that the person he was voting for was going to get lynched. However, the vote count has revealed this not to be the case. It is possible that ToonyMan is fake claiming, and the real Unlimited Voter is smart enough not to take the bait and counter claim.

ToonyMan, if you really are the Unlimited Voter, I want you to prove it by voting for two people simultaneously. If you want to conserve your power for a later day, then vote for two people who are unlikely to be lynched (like Pandarsenic and yourself). If that's impossible, Diakron or webadict should be coming along shortly to say that it is in fact impossible. webadict will probably give us at least one more vote tally before the Day ends, so we'll know you're whether you're telling the truth and can refocus our efforts after that.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 01, 2009, 12:48:27 pm »

I'm not quite sure how that logic works Free Beer. Janus is town because he made a mistake? and then I'm town because...?

I'm not quite sure how WA would represent that someone had infinity votes on them. I don't think he has access to the infinity symbol, unless it's something that would be represented by showing them as having 99 votes or something. That, or maybe Toon really does have to vote for someone repeatedly in order to make it work?

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 01, 2009, 01:00:51 pm »

I'm not quite sure how that logic works Free Beer. Janus is town because he made a mistake? and then I'm town because...?

I'm not quite sure how WA would represent that someone had infinity votes on them. I don't think he has access to the infinity symbol, unless it's something that would be represented by showing them as having 99 votes or something. That, or maybe Toon really does have to vote for someone repeatedly in order to make it work?

Janus is town because he made a mistake that a scum player is unlikely to make.

You perpetuated Janus' mistake which is something that a scum player is also unlikely to do (except as a WIFOM, which I ruled out), showing that you are also town.

webadict should have access to the infinity symbol. The only issue is that some people's browsers might be configured not to support it, and it will consequently show up as garbage. I'll demonstrate: ∞ <--- shows up as infinity to me.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #213 on: September 01, 2009, 01:20:42 pm »

For some reason I remember someone else mentioned the Vote Reporter and I had that before, so it stuck in my mind.  I see now that it's not actually in the game, so we're going off of the Vote Counter alone.

And although I'm never saddened by being thought of as not scum (and thus not being lynched), I think you should be careful about clearing people based on making mistakes.  It would be really easy for the scum to 'slip up' and make a purposeful mistake and just go with it.

So far as bolding the roles, it makes them stand out easier when I'm previewing, but I can stop doing it if you'd rather.  It doesn't make much difference to me as I'm not going to be the one reading most posts most of the time (;D).

Also, I was confused with the Vote Count, because I thought I was still on major_sephiroth, but apparently I actually did change my vote.  And Toony is still suspicious in my book, so it will stay on him for the time being.  (My vote is correct, I just thought it was wrong.)

Toony and Diakron, could you post again, as clearly as possible (without quoting) how the Infinite Voter and Unlimited Voter work?  I'm just trying to figure out what is going on here.  That could at least tell us how those roles interact with the Vote Counter.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 01, 2009, 01:35:51 pm »

Dammit, I forgot I had to vote alot for it to work.   :P  Great, now I have no proof and stuff.  Let me try to tell you my role as clean as possible.

Unlimited Voter - I have unlimited votes (that means I probably have to vote alot actually  :p). However, if the person I vote for lynched, I lose all my votes.

And with that, I will do this.....Unvote.

Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer
Vote Free Beer

You are scum Free Beer, it's so obvious.

The only one who can stop me is the Infinity Voter and they would be stupid to vote me and reveal themselves.  Goodbye scum.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 01, 2009, 01:36:36 pm »

And a vote for Zai to show you (not that I mean any harm)   ;D

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 01, 2009, 01:38:11 pm »

Ok, here is the voting history for Day 1 as best as I can determine:

chaoticjosh            Free Beer, Mr.Person, Zaithemaster, unvote, ToonyMan, Zaithemaster
Diakron            ToonyMan, unvote, Free Beer
Free Beer            major_sephiroth, RedWarrior0, chaoticjosh
Frelock            Diakron, Unvote, Org
JanusTwoface    major_sephiroth, ToonyMan
major_sephiroth    Free Beer, unvote, Free Beer
Mephansteras    Frelock
Mr.Person            JanusTwoFace, Free Beer, unvote, Free Beer
Org   
Pandarsenic            Frelock, ToonyMan, Diakron
RedWarrior0            Diakron
ToonyMan            chaoticjosh, major_sephiroth
Zaithemaster    Org, Mr.Person

-------

First off: unvote

Org, why haven't you voted? You've posted a few times, but you've never even done a random vote? Why not? FOS: Org

Josh, your votes have bounced all over the place. Are you just randomly poking people to get a reaction?

ToonyMan, why are you showing up with just one vote? Did you not use your power yet? My FOS: ToonyMan stays on.

Mr.Person and major_sephiroth have both voted Free Beer, unvoted, and gone back to him. Part of that may be because he's acting really suspicious (he is), it might also be similar to what Frelock did last round. So I'm suspicious of both of them. FOS: Mr.Person, major_sephiroth

Obviously, not all of those people can be scum. But it's a good starting point.

Free Beer, however, is almost certainly scum. So I'm moving my votes over to him.

Fake edit: Nevermind Toony...
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 01, 2009, 01:47:17 pm »

Yeah Meph, mostly poking, not that it matters alot with Toon's near monopoly on the voting power today.

One thing that seems odd though, is that pandar voted 3 times, and yet only 2 letters of his role name are revealed by my count.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 01, 2009, 02:10:58 pm »

I don't think Web is paying that much attention to this game, to be honest.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 01, 2009, 03:28:20 pm »

To be honest? I have had to write an essay and had more important things to take care of. but, after going through the last few days, I concur. Free Beer

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 01, 2009, 04:36:29 pm »

Joshface may have learned his lesson from his slipup in the recent Paranormal;

For those of us who have not been a part of recent Paranormal Mafias (read: me), what slip-up is it that you speak of?

webadict will probably give us at least one more vote tally before the Day ends, so we'll know you're whether you're telling the truth and can refocus our efforts after that.

Not gonna happen. Only the Vote Count ordered by the Vote Counter includes the number of votes on someone. "Regular" vote counts just have who each person says they're voting for.

But aside from that...will analyze later. I should have time to do it tonight. Should.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 01, 2009, 04:42:46 pm »

Joshface may have learned his lesson from his slipup in the recent Paranormal;

For those of us who have not been a part of recent Paranormal Mafias (read: me), what slip-up is it that you speak of?

No clue, I just threw random garbage at him and he was a dopp.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 01, 2009, 04:51:29 pm »

Basically, he overreacted to an accusation on day 1. Which is why random voting, especially with reasons for it, can be so effective. If you can hit scum with an accusation they'll often give you some sign of being scum. They might deflect the question, overreact, or whatever. Different people have different tells. But it's a good way to find scum, and the only reliable way to find scum Day 1 (at least in most mafias).
Come play Mafia with us!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 01, 2009, 04:59:53 pm »

yo guys im back and i have read up on every thing i think Toony and free beer are 2 safe bets as scum with FB being the dafest bet. from all i have read anyways however i keep coming back ti that suggestion that scum Might be a balanced team and toony claiming to be a townie with unlimited votes as if to say infinity voter was scum. To me it sounded like he was trying to get out of suspicion, nut thats just me.

FB why do you keep point EVERY little thing out? sj*t im womdering when you'll say: he mispeled that me must be SCUM!!!!1111oneone one.

from what i have seen of WA he likes to give a new person to the scum so my vote is stay with you.
Back to Mafia with me!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 01, 2009, 05:11:44 pm »

Basically, he overreacted to an accusation on day 1. Which is why random voting, especially with reasons for it, can be so effective. If you can hit scum with an accusation they'll often give you some sign of being scum. They might deflect the question, overreact, or whatever. Different people have different tells. But it's a good way to find scum, and the only reliable way to find scum Day 1 (at least in most mafias).

Waitwaitwait... Josh fell for that? ... Everything I know is a lie.

But more seriously, Diakron, can you please type your posts so that they're easier to read? They can be hard to decipher at times. >,>
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35