Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Immortal Dragons Mod  (Read 15790 times)

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Immortal Dragons Mod
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2009, 06:09:35 pm »

That there is an error. Thank you for pointing it out.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2009, 08:50:11 pm »

Has someone actually tried out the *cough* fixed dragon? Is there a way for a sun dragon to be defeated by orcs? I guess not, but it should be possible to get owned by your own sun dragon's dragonfire.
I would say: Make the sun dragon a bit slower and add in a ridiculously weak (very small, 1:1 attack, no weapons, no damblock, no armor), but extremely fast sieging race. They should siege really early in really large numbers (make multiple entities from the same creature). Make them totally fireproof and a bit faster than the sun dragon. Make them siege like the elves; that means: You can't see them until they get detected.
If you don't seal your fortress all the time, they should zoom through the fortress, aggro the sun dragons and lure them inside where they breathe fire everywhere, causing chaos and burning dwarves.

Wow, if that works, it would be awesome. Makes you think twice before buying a sun dragon.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2009, 02:42:59 am »

I seem to remember there being a glitch with wild animals with vermin hunter, in which they would adopt a dwarf while still being hostile to them... thus causing very hunter-like behaviour.
Of course, you'd need a dwarf that likes said animal, but it's food for thought.

Also, I will definitely download this next time I gen up a world.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2009, 02:46:23 am »

"Adopt" takes on a new, terrifying meaning with that.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2009, 09:03:16 am »

Fixed dragon is actually easy. I will make it less powerful. The guard dragon I left alone since it is a guard. Do not deny the power of the Orcs, MC Dirty, they are quite powerful. Besides you just need to change them to how Rysith suggests and your fine.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 09:08:09 am by dragon1423 »

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2009, 10:03:55 am »

I think flaming orcs would be a lot more dangerous than regular orcs.

Also: they have steel weapons, but if the damblock is high enough only criticals can beat it.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2009, 12:09:49 pm »

I seem to remember there being a glitch with wild animals with vermin hunter, in which they would adopt a dwarf while still being hostile to them... thus causing very hunter-like behaviour.
The only one of them who has the verminhunter token is the guard dragon, but that one also has the [COMMON_DOMESTIC] token and I'm pretty sure that makes them not appear as wild animals. Have you ever seen wild cats or dogs in DF?
Hmm, horses have the same token, but they can appear as wild animals...
I just checked, it's because of the [LARGE_ROAMING] tag. If you take that away from the guard dragon it shouldn't appear outside.
Edit: As far as I know, the dragons currently don't spawn at all because they have no biome token. You should add [BIOME_ANY_LAND] to them, so they will actually appear. Do they have to have a region token? I'm pretty sure they don't.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 12:17:23 pm by MC Dirty »

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2009, 10:46:10 am »

Thanks for the advice, I just changed them.

Story Edit:

I was building a new fortress, a goblin caravan arrived with the dwarf caravan. As always, a shade elf (civ forge mod I believe) ambush arrived. But then I saw " A Stray War Sun Dragon was struck down"................................................................Wtf? This isn't supposed to happen, this doesn't compute (is thrown into robotic seizure) Then I saw it. Yawo. The Shade Elven War Sun Dragon. A Shade Elf mounted on it. Yet another few of my dragons struck down. I think it had better wrestling ability than my dragons. I shall remove ANYTHING that has to do with learning so my dragons rule once again!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 01:28:11 pm by dragon1423 »

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2009, 06:39:26 pm »

Sorry for double post, but this is cool.

I reclaimed my fortress that was destroyed by Yawo. Later, I got sieged by my Elementals.
One was mounted on a Sun Dragon. Two of my Dragons got very angry at it and then they fought. Fire was everywhere, it was awesome! The worst injury was a scratch. Later I couldn't find the enemy dragon. I looked in my LONG deceased list, and found nothing. Then I saw it (a bug?). The same dragon was fighting Elementals and was on my side! I trained him and he never attacked a dwarf. Strange.

EDIT: I just got ambushed. The invaders are Sun Dragons?! They aren't a civ! Imma dead man. Oh well another epic fight between them and meh dragons.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 09:17:44 am by dragon1423 »

Rvlion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Immortal Dragons Mod(God have Mercy...)
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2009, 09:53:33 am »

I currently play my game as dragons instead of dwarfs, only I had to remove the firebreath and dragon firebreath because they constantly set fire to the countryside and thus killing my "pack" of 20 self modded biped slaves (very nice for breeding and food...)  ;D

I was however still looking for some nice new civilizations to mod in to attack me... 1 (untrained, not armored, not armed) recruit easily winning against 10 supercharged goblins (simular to raptors only slightly less attack strenght) gets boring very quickly. your dragons look fun as replacement of the goblins.  ;D

ps. dont give the civ you play building destroyer, because when you do all your buildings are destroyed the moment the Liaison enters your fortress.
Constant spam of "xxx toppled by Liaison".  >:(
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 09:55:41 am by Rvlion »

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2009, 09:56:12 am »

Yes they are fun and they can be killed, but not easily ;). I downloaded a mod and it raised the attacks really high so all my creatures have high attacks to balance it out again. You probably won't be able to kill it. Good luck!

EDIT: Yes I know about that. If these guys were a civ, well just don't do it, EVER!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 10:01:20 am by dragon1423 »

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2009, 09:53:24 pm »

I have taken your 3 dragon's and made a zipped file with all of them in it with their own text files. they are named differently so you can add as you like. the first of his dragon's is the creature_sundragon_normal.txt, the second is creature_sundragon_guard.txt, and third being creature_sundragon_wild.txt, download Here! if you do not want me to do this or you want to have it under your own dffd account I will take it down.

also doesn't megabeast imply semimegabeast? I think that is what the wiki says anyway.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2009, 07:33:30 am »

Actually not really since my dragons appear as often as other semimegabeasts with both tags. That is only so they never disappear in worldgen.

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2009, 01:51:02 pm »

Im new at adding in mods, How would I put this in my game? I've added it to the raw (tried both text and adding to creature_standard) (only tried teh guard draggy) And I cant start with it on embark,  God knows dragons are (fun) ^^

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2009, 02:04:18 pm »

Perhaps because i gave it LARGE_ROAMING tag. It never had this problem before. It could be because you wouldn't have enough points to afford one. If you really want to cheat, change the [PETVALUE:7500] tag to [PETVALUE:-7500]. It will give you points to take it. If that doesn't work, delete the [LARGE_ROAMING] tag. And I don't know what's in the download since Akhier made the page for it. I will check it, even though it is probably right.

The page is correct, try changing one of the things above.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 10:56:02 pm by dragon1423 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4