Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 60

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge  (Read 67452 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 3 - In Mafia, Noone Can Hear You Scream...
« Reply #765 on: October 10, 2009, 10:09:28 am »

Unless someone wants me to do another analysis, I believe this day is over. 

Request to shorten day.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: October 10, 2009, 10:37:42 am »

Oh, and if you have anything to say tomorrow dakarian, feel free to pm me. Hopefully I'll be alive.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: October 10, 2009, 11:25:21 am »

-_-

I'm willing to swear on my honor that I'm town, but I guess there's no argument I can put out to convince you people, is there?

Go ahead and ask me questions if you want. I'll answer them to the best of my ability.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: October 10, 2009, 12:21:47 pm »

-_-

I'm willing to swear on my honor that I'm town, but I guess there's no argument I can put out to convince you people, is there?

Go ahead and ask me questions if you want. I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

Well, we can start with the easy ones: Who do you think is scum and why? Who do you think is town and why?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: October 10, 2009, 12:27:07 pm »

Second question:

why do we need to keep evoking your name before you appear to us?
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: October 10, 2009, 12:57:51 pm »

I'll answer the second one first:

Because I feel like I have nothing to contribute. Because I think I'm going to mess up. Because I can never be certain. I try to contribute, but I can never do anything. It's like writer's block with a side slice of shyness.

So, on to the first one:

As I said, I always feel like I have nothing to contribute. If I were scum I'd probably post more, since then I don't have to worry about being wrong, only about messing up. But I did say I'd answer to the best of my ability. So who do I think is scum and who town? Honestly, I have no real clue as to who is scum. Even my gut doesn't have any advice for me.

As for who is town, I think Dakarian is town: He has made some excellent points and even though he thinks I'm scum I think he's simply mistaken. He's been doing a pretty good job with helping the town and scumhunting. I think Mr. Person is a townie, albeit a very abrasive one. Very aggressive; it was his sudden, unexpected defense of Alexhans that put me off him early on, combined with a rather... spirited defense of himself later on, Alexhans' flip and conviction of Mr. Person's town-status that convinced me.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: October 12, 2009, 11:08:18 am »

You have a few hours, everyone.  Votecount hasn't changed, but here it is.
Mr.Person - Diakron
ToonyMan - chaoticjosh
Diakron - Zaithemaster
Boksi - Dakarian, webadict, Cheeetar, Mr.Person, ToonyMan, Frelock

Gentlemen, make your time.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: October 12, 2009, 11:11:09 am »

I'm good.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: October 12, 2009, 02:03:19 pm »

Voting closed.  I'll get the death flavour text and stuff up in a short while.

You can post in this "twilight period" but you can't change votes.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: October 12, 2009, 02:05:20 pm »

DISCO INFERNO!!!

*Boogies!*

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Night 3 - Never Be a Wiseguy
« Reply #775 on: October 12, 2009, 02:33:22 pm »

The day draws to a close.  Boksi collapses back into his seat, staring in dumbstruck horror at the votecount.
Mr.Person - Diakron
ToonyMan - chaoticjosh
Diakron - Zaithemaster
Boksi - Dakarian, webadict, Cheeetar, Mr.Person, ToonyMan, Frelock
"You can't kill me..." mumbles Boksi, "You have no proof..."
"We'll kill whoever we like, scum!" says webadict, as the pentagram begins to appear on the floor once again, "And, even if you are town, after you're dead, we'll know a lot more!"
"Wait!" says Boksi, "Can't you just check my identity BEFORE you kill me?  I mean, why do you always have to shoot first and ask later?"
The room falls into silence.  After a long pause, Dakarian responds, "Because that's how it's always done?"

You all head up the stairs, along with Boksi.  He shows you around his room, indicating the huge pile of letters addressed to "Drakonian", and the "Return to Sender" stamp marked on all of them.  Hmm, so he must be Dracron then.  Checking his room some more, you conclude that he must be... Hotel aligned!  Wow, that was easy.  You found out and you didn't have to kill him... great!

You go back to the main room.  "Well..." says webadict, "Looks like Dracron's quick thinking has helped us greatly!  We can add another confirmed towny to our list and... hmm.. why don't we just search everyone's room?"
"ARRRGGHHHH!!!" You all turn as a scream comes from the centre of the room.  It looks like it came from... Dracron!  It seems that a pentagram has appeared at his feet!  Boksi yells again and collapses to the floor, his muscles contracting in pain.
CHEAT
"It was... just... to... argh... save myself!" says Boksi between yelps, "I don't want to... die here!!"
CHEATS WILL BE ELIMINATED
A lightening bolt comes straight down from the sky (ceiling?), striking Boksi in the chest.  The pentagram guarentees a dramatic moment, and all of Dracron's muscles seem to contract at once.  He is thrown into the air, and falls back down to the floor, dead.  You stare at his body... the body that joins those of RedWarrior0 and Archangel lying on the floor.  You shiver.  5 innocent people are dead, another possessed by an assassin also struck down.  How much more of this will have to happen before you find your last 3 scum?  Your enforced curfew comes into effect, and you all begin to move reluctantly to your rooms.  Before you leave, however, you find a note in Dracron's now burnt pocket.

You are Dracron.  The similarity of name with Drakonian confuses other players.  All night actions aimed for you will instead go to him, providing he's alive, and vice versa.  This ability will not work if it is Drakonian targetting you.

Night 3 has begun.  Please submit your night actions, everyone.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 4 - Blood On the Corridor
« Reply #776 on: October 13, 2009, 12:12:35 pm »

You head down the stairs.  You count everyone, and are unsurprised to find that there are just 8 of you.  It would seem that Frelock is missing... and you think you know why.

Entering his room turns out to be unnecessary for ascertaining cause of death - his door is wide open, and the corridor just outside his room is covered with blood.  Urgh... the nearly fresh blood is similar to the blood you found in Alexhan's room yesterday, the blood left as if the attacker not only killed but also devoured his victim.  You look around in Frelock's room, and, in horror, find Arguments To Use Against Cultists (vol 4).  A collection of similar titles seems to confirm your worse fears... this was JanetFourEyes, a Hotel aligned player.  His little note on the wall reads:
You are JanetFourEyes.  Quiet and analytical, you are perfectly placed to protect someone each night.  You can send me the name of the person you want to protect, and you will go to their house and convince a would be killer of that person that killing the player they were aiming for is a bad idea.  That player will hang around their house instead, however, and find out the protected players role.

Day will run for about 3 days, with the possibility of an extension.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 4 - Blood on the Corridor
« Reply #777 on: October 13, 2009, 12:16:15 pm »

ToonyMan
chaoticjosh
Zaithemaster
Diakron
Mr.Person
Cheeetar
dakarian
webadict

8 total.
3 are mafia.

We need to lynch a mafia this day mate.  Also, why did we lynch Boksi yesterday?  I mean WHY?  So we can lynch Dakarian this day or what?

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: October 13, 2009, 03:48:29 pm »

MOD: Request replacement

RL gets in the way again
Back to Mafia with me!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: October 13, 2009, 05:29:46 pm »

Also, why did we lynch Boksi yesterday?  I mean WHY?

Because you voted for him.

I'll be voting for Diakron again, at least until he gets replaced; many (all?) of my problems with Diakron are about his actions and reactions, and his replacement can't really be held responsible for those I suppose...which kind of ruins the game, really. But if he doesn't get replaced before the day's up, my vote remains on him.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 60