Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7923 7924 [7925]

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 5863849 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #118860 on: January 22, 2021, 01:03:31 am »

I've been feeling pretty anxious recently due to political stuff, but there's been a growing uneasiness unrelated to that.  Total cabin fever.  I chat with strangers, but that's serious and distant.  I have a few people who like to send me music, but they're getting depressed as well...  the 3-4 of us are drinking too much.

I'm sitting here trying to feel sleepy and just obsessing over the first properly seasoned meal I've had in two weeks.  Visiting a taco truck.  They had cow tongue (lengua) on the menu, but unsurprisingly they were out, so I had my quesadillas with chorizo instead.  And verde sauce on the side salad.

I keep thinking about it.  Not really the food, though it was... mmm, onions and green peppers with a proper mix of spices.  Okay yes the food.  But also just the interaction with the person.  In person.

I need to call each of my parents tomorrow.  But more generally, this suuuuuucks and I'm getting sick of being curled in a ball.
(It did feel good to walk though, and catch some pokémans.  ...poképeople?  oh FRICK pretend I didn't say that, but I'll leave it.)

Edit: Like it started with him taking my order before I was ready, but I wasn't sure I could make myself heard over the running generator, so I held up a finger.  And he understood.  And that's such a human connection - frick I'm tearing up.  I've been tearing up over the weirdest stuff lately.  That's why I'm posting this, I apparently really need to cry and I don't exactly know why.  I happen to see a reply to my comment on some video and suddenly I'm hit with an emotional wave and tears are flowing uncontrollably.  I'm too dignified to wail but they're flowing now just from me remembering it.

So uh yeah, sometimes people fill up on emotions and need to cry them out.

Edit2:  I keep waking up to Discord beeps from notified channels because I need to be constantly reminded that other people are out there.

Edit3: Obviously he could hear me over the generator, but with my amplified and already significant social anxiety I didn't feel I could express "I'm not ready to order" clearly while distracted by the grating sound, working against both my voice and my ability to think.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 01:35:01 am by Rolan7 »
They/them
Black lives matter.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118861 on: January 22, 2021, 03:06:46 am »

I'm gonna be hungover tomorrow, and I'm not looking forward to it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #118862 on: January 22, 2021, 07:58:59 am »

It may be too late but lots of water will at least take the edge off.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

Check out our mafia forum today!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #118863 on: January 22, 2021, 11:37:19 am »

I'm gonna be hungover tomorrow, and I'm not looking forward to it.
oats and water and meat works a wonder

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118864 on: January 22, 2021, 12:51:02 pm »

On the one hand, it seems having a beer's helped with the stress for now.

On the other hand, I know exactly where that leads (Which is why I stopped drinking for a while earlier this year), and it's instead replaced the stress with other unhappy feelings.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #118865 on: January 22, 2021, 01:02:46 pm »

Generally speaking this lockdown is good for my liver.  I've never been someone to drink much at home.

I do miss going to the pub on fridays and crawling home
Optimists have just used up the last bit of hope. Run for your lives!

Enjoy the freedom to explore the limits of your constraints

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118866 on: January 22, 2021, 01:03:20 pm »

You got a Pho place near you? That stuff'll cure you.
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #118867 on: January 22, 2021, 01:07:11 pm »

Although it also increases the chances of wetting yourself in your sleep ;)
Love, scriver~

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118868 on: January 22, 2021, 03:32:41 pm »

borderline personality

I don't think my sister has a borderline personality, only that she's very stupid and resists any attempt to change that. I honestly want to have a meaningful conversation, but she just shuts me down and refuses to talk to me. I picked her up from the hospital, with the blood test confirming the pregnancy. Throughout the car ride I'm trying to think of the words to be properly convincing, it's only right as we pull up to her home that I can think of what to say, and I'm trying to tell her the reality that introducing a child into a poor household with an unready mother is just going to make it suffer, and that she should take my suggestion seriously, and she just cuts the conversation short and walks away. I've never been able to have very good conversations with her, and now that the subject is so deadly serious it is even harder.

I just can't think of any way to say it that is more tactful, and time is of the essence, so I can't help but be blunt about it, as mean as it makes me sound.

That's a very good suggestion Vector, though I don't know anyone that fits that criteria, being an antisocial bastard with few social ties. There's one other member of my family who I'd say is a good mother, having three sons of her own, all grown now. Perhaps I could solicit daycares, or random Mothers on Craigslist or something, asking to let my sister have firsthand experience with young children, though I'd need to get my Sister on board with the idea first. Though honestly the first part of that plan sounds like an awful idea, and I would never consider it under normal circumstances, but this isn't a normal circumstance.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118869 on: January 22, 2021, 04:04:36 pm »

I wonder how many people in lockdown are stuck in buildings with utter psychos.
huh?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118870 on: January 22, 2021, 04:19:42 pm »

we live in a society
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118871 on: January 22, 2021, 05:12:45 pm »

we live in a society

?
huh?
Pages: 1 ... 7923 7924 [7925]