Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5467 5468 [5469] 5470 5471 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14564073 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Should we try that again? (fourth time?)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Darvi's back.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I think we should do B12 fanfiction again. Oh, the horror we write.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

My parents had dinner  by some of their friends today.
Unlike many people, the friends are normal people and so are my parents.
They have 3 cats, one of wich was very scared.
I just laid down in their sofa and petted the cats until they came laying next to me. So awesome.
We only have one huge-ass cat thats quite aggresive at times.

Also, due to them i realized that linux is actually a awesome cat name.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA

I think we should do B12 fanfiction again. Oh, the horror we write.
I dunno about the other iterations, but my attempt at it, while it DID inject quite a huge amount of movement, it also kinda ended in quite a lot of, erm, disaster. Dunno what to suggest though.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Also, due to them i realized that linux is actually a awesome cat name.
That is incredibly awesome.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My parents just told me that my grandparents on my mother side have a commodore 64 too!
(those on my fathers side gave it away.)
They may have given it away, but a chance is a chance.

I didnt live in the era of commodore 64 and SNES and all the others, so i'm quite thrilled that i could have one of those.

(and yes, i know that i could as well emulate them on this laptop, wich is far above laptop standards)

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

My parents just told me that my grandparents on my mother side have a commodore 64 too!
(those on my fathers side gave it away.)
They may have given it away, but a chance is a chance.

I didnt live in the era of commodore 64 and SNES and all the others, so i'm quite thrilled that i could have one of those.

(and yes, i know that i could as well emulate them on this laptop, wich is far above laptop standards)

Way to make me feel quite incredibly old.
This is a blank sig.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Youre welcome <3

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

Sit down by the fire kids and listen to Grandpa Monkeyhead's old computer stories...

There was a good 10 years at least between the C64 and the SNES... I remember them well. People said carts would never take off compared to the old tape loaders. A six button controller for the Megadrive was considered heresy, and the war between the plumber and the hedgehog had claimed many lives. I had to repaint back on the worn away function buttons on my ZX Spectrum 28k, with its Kempton joysitck adaptor. We used to use a can lid runing over the 64 pin connector on the Kempton adaptor to act as a crude steering wheel when playing OutRun or Chase HQ. £1.99 would buy you a copy of New Zealand Story and you could copy any game you wanted on a C90 tape recorder from your older cousin. PEEK's and POKE codes copied labouriously from well leaved magazines gave extra lives or invulnerability, and British Telecom trialled an "over the phone" system where it would play the encoded data for a spectrum game over the phone line for you to record and run yourself, with the cost of the call representing the cost of the game. Trap Door was unfinishable thanks to the fire cannon needed to make boiled slimeys being smart enough to avoid falling back down the Trap Door. My old mum was house champion at classics like "Ant Attack" and "Jumping Jack", but wouldnt play anything with more than 8 colours as it was too confusing for her, poor old dear. The rick kid on the posh new housing development had an amiga, and we would all crowd round in his bedroom to see IK+ and Speedball in thier 64 colour glory. Ah, those were the days.
This is a blank sig.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

Suddenly, I am reminded of the feudalism thread.
I wouldn't mind a reboot of that, so long as the focus remained on world building and picture making and light roleplay, rather than trying to make it into some sort of strategy game or something.

I think it's mostly the collaborative world building I most enjoyed. Frankly, I find it more interesting when you give several different people various sections of a world to do with as they please while still remaining compatible with each other. Everyone has their own perspectives and they get the opportunity to really focus on their area and make it unique.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

I think it's that thread in its pre-derail section that taught me the "you have two cows" thing. And indeed, world building is great.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

What about cows?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh Horse ebooks...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)