Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 151

Author Topic: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - Mafia wins. Cheeetar calls Shenanigans.  (Read 279518 times)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
CONCLUSION(6/6)
« Reply #1545 on: December 01, 2009, 12:47:06 pm »

Conclusions:
Vote Dakarian. Appeals to emotion (5), faulty arguments, failed reasoning, hypocrisy (5+? wasn't counting there), and a cherry of a couple thirdvotes...and, something I didn't notice, is, he's pointing out that "no, I'm really the thirdvote" for some wifom!
Toonyman. Toony and is doing a lot of "btw I'm town" and toony's doing a lot of unsupported arguments. Also hammering the lynch when he thought Neruz was town.
WebadictWebadict's doing a lot of mad-lib-attacks (I'm not specifying, find it yourself) allowing people to fill in his attacks, and missing a lot of details, which is not in townweb file. Also, his earlier posts are metaunlike townweb-possibly due to the computer lack thing, as it has fixed, which is one reason he's down here. Has a patent disregard for townlife.
Mephansteras - Lurky, wifom in his selfmeta, and a fair amount of "btw I'm town" things.
Sirbayer is being scummy in a couple ways, but seems more to horse around than anything else.
Rashilul is being a bloody lurker and doing some stupid shit, but...too lurky to read well.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile

WTF, mates?

You appear in bold... twice there. On all of them except yourself.

And this is supposed to be your "wagon count".

So, uh... what are you trying to tell us here?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PPE Sirbayer: I do that because I am under consideration as much as the others I bolded. If I didn't, it would look like I was trying to avoid it. The bold is meant to show who's being looked at right now. Perhaps "wagon search" or "lynch records" would be better. Wouldn't be the first time a word choice has screwed me up to little point.
Quote from: dakarian
-You use any attempt to lynch someone you can grab, even if you don't believe in it (i.e. my 3rd vote).
That wasn't an attempt to lynch you, it was what it said on the tin: noting the eccentricity. THIS is an attempt to lynch you.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: DAKARIAN CASE
« Reply #1548 on: December 01, 2009, 01:00:37 pm »

Yes... this is all cool and all, but some of these are really grasping at straws, just like a few of your arguments against the others too. But, if you turn up town, which you likely won't, I'll give you a proper analysis. K?

Also, anything you want to CLAIM before we lynch you? (I'm sure you haven't quite come up with your fakeclaim and that's why you haven't.)

Oh, and yeah dakarian IS suspicious. We've already established that before your long posts. Thanks for obviousness.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

Basically, he had the time to post that he doesn't think someone is suspicious and that he should not vote someone who he knows is town, which is basically saying he's blatantly lurking. Look elsewhere to prove it: He's got time for Paranormal, but not here, not even a few minutes.

Yes, as a matter of fact. If I have, say, 5 minutes that's plenty of time to grab a few votes from Wizard Duel or answer a question about Paranormal. It is not enough time to go through pages and pages of this thread to decide whether or not to vote for someone close to being hammered. Last time I scanned CobaltKobold he was sort of middling on my list, enough that I wanted to go back and read a bunch of stuff before deciding to vote him when he was close to being hammered.

I can't do that in 5 or even 10 minutes, it takes at least a half hour to do any decent digging in this game. Hours if I want to do a full scan and wade back through the previous few days. Work has been busy and I've had to make time to be active in this.

So, no, I haven't been as active as I'd like. But that's not really an excuse to go around voting for people without thinking about it. If I was willing to just randomly hop on bandwagons without any decent explanations it'd be a lot easier to play, but that wouldn't exactly be helpful either.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile

Makes sense.

More later when not doing skewls. Or at least when doing subjects during which I can pretend to be being productive instead of playing Mafia online.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Basically, he had the time to post that he doesn't think someone is suspicious and that he should not vote someone who he knows is town, which is basically saying he's blatantly lurking. Look elsewhere to prove it: He's got time for Paranormal, but not here, not even a few minutes.

Yes, as a matter of fact. If I have, say, 5 minutes that's plenty of time to grab a few votes from Wizard Duel or answer a question about Paranormal. It is not enough time to go through pages and pages of this thread to decide whether or not to vote for someone close to being hammered. Last time I scanned CobaltKobold he was sort of middling on my list, enough that I wanted to go back and read a bunch of stuff before deciding to vote him when he was close to being hammered.

I can't do that in 5 or even 10 minutes, it takes at least a half hour to do any decent digging in this game. Hours if I want to do a full scan and wade back through the previous few days. Work has been busy and I've had to make time to be active in this.

So, no, I haven't been as active as I'd like. But that's not really an excuse to go around voting for people without thinking about it. If I was willing to just randomly hop on bandwagons without any decent explanations it'd be a lot easier to play, but that wouldn't exactly be helpful either.
Close to hammer? You mean having 4 votes out of the necessary 8? Seems you made up your mind quickly enough though, so why so defensive?

You're not really being all that helpful now anyhow. You're still lurking and you've managed to read enough to know that I am attacking you, but not enough to have an inkling of suspicion on others.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm addressing accusations against me, and hunting scum. Not much beyond that I can do to prove I'm town. Besides, I'm at L-2 6/8. Your trying to persuade meph otherwise is either trying to get an oblivious hammer or being stupid- which doesn't fit your meta either way.

Anyway, I have been here for elevenish hours. Lunch is required, so I'll be gone for...an hour? Something like.
Tilesets

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm addressing accusations against me, and hunting scum. Not much beyond that I can do to prove I'm town. Besides, I'm at L-2 6/8. Your trying to persuade meph otherwise is either trying to get an oblivious hammer or being stupid- which doesn't fit your meta either way.

Anyway, I have been here for elevenish hours. Lunch is required, so I'll be gone for...an hour? Something like.
Well... considering he's already voting you... I don't have to persuade him too much, now do I?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Been trying to catch up with this, but let me just ask

Mr. Person: What happened to me being too dangerous to let live?

I think we're capable of finding scum before lylo, I decided it might be best to go out and find scum instead of just trying to get a lynch going on you "just in case". It's not a bad plan or anything, but it's also not terribly productive if everyone jumps on the wagon and doesn't say anything else.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: DAKARIAN CASE
« Reply #1555 on: December 01, 2009, 02:12:57 pm »

flimsy argument-attributable to rvs.

Feels bloodthirsty (lynch anyone) in rvs. (supported later: see the hopping on bandwagons with Meph.)

Your first argument is about RVS when I threw a randomvote + emotional attack?!

This is...VERY not Dakarian.

On what grounds?  Are you saying I've never poked at anyone as town?  I remember being harsh to Pandarsenic in Toon Mafia 5.  I was town then.

Staged fight?

WIFOM, noted.
Stagedfight.

They fight a while with much sound and fury but little content on either side...both lack explanations for much, calling each other on it hypocritically...
Dakarian used a smiley? I don't remember dakarian using smilies.

It's just leaving RVS.  There's not exactly a ton of content to go on. 

Meanwhile, you're calling me out for smiles?  Reaching.  Simply reaching.

X4!
1. People were grumbling over the nature of Day 1.  I've said in many cases that I feel a strong day 1 is vital to a town win.  Thus when they grumbled I told them my feelings on the matter. I've done this before, and I'll do it again.

2. I'm the host of Beginner's Mafia.  Because of it, I've grown used to watching over newness or explaining issues.  I'll quickly do it in other games when I see it. 

3. That blasted thing took me the entire day to work over and it was for only half of day 3. 

As for the other thing.. you did that "quote without an explanation" thing again.  Explain how the Emotional Apealls x4 and the quotes just before "undakarian" compare with each other.  Also explain how I am SUPPOSED to act?

...and defend/buddy Webadict!?

Meta arguing.  angry-web is a null tell and aggressiveness is NOT a scumtell. 

...you're doing all these things that you accused Exkirby of before you killed him. Hypocrite.

Leafsnail is confirmed scum.  When you find someone CONFIRMED, you go after those they associate themselves with.

Webadict is someone YOU believe is scum.  You're biggest argument so far against me is my interaction with him.  There's a big difference with that. Don't make a scumteam before you actually have a confirmed scum to link it with. 

Dakarian...missing points, TWICE (Vector also posted the transfer rule) then pointing out how this means "don't kill webadict now" He'll continue to do this later, ignoring things I say.

Elaborate on this one.

Dakarian states the number of scum differently to what everyone expects. Normally I'd let this slide, but...he has done it a few times.

While you're at it, elaborate on this one too.

Or, Giving the scum two mislynches in one day.

WIFOM

Wow, another hypocrisy?

Asking for rolenames right into RVS isn't quite the same as asking for a claim just before the person dies.  It's normal to ask for a claim when the person is at L-1.  Since I had a daykill, Exkirby was, effectively, at that point.  It's NOT normal to start going on about roles at the very start of day 1.

I was moderately bothered by your rush ob. fuck, j key again.

Explain.

Wouldn't it be funny if ExKirby died for no reason whatsoever?
Undakarian...

You didn't notice the big "ExKirby dies for no reason whatsover!" text soon after?  That's HOW my kill worked.  Write a post saying nothing but that and the person gets vigged.

Oh. He also missed the giant robot roleblock. Missing details like this is seriously undakarian.

I missed it?  What was I supposed to do about it specifically that town-dakarian would've done?

Well this is mighty strange. As is that.

You point to two quotes and that's all you say.. it's "strange".  No reason why it's strange.  No argument.. just "look at this".

I'm not the only person who thinks this cat is off.

Some webadict-highlighted hypocrisy. I'll gladly do more than spend an entire postseries defending myself!

Now I see a problem with your attack.  When I remove the large quotes all I get is this to speak about.  Makes it tricky to defend when you just put a quote, say "this is wrong" and walk away. 

AKA: explain that one too.

D3. Dakarian decides Mr.Person attacking him merits a scan. Feels reactionary.

Finally something from you directly.  I poked at him in Day 2, he responded very defensively, I attacked him for it.  Day 3 he comes in full swinging with major accusations and little support behind them.  When I poke at the argument it turns out to be weak, unsupported, and full of misinformation.  Combined with Day 2 it made it look like more than a townie making a scumhunt.  It looked desperate.  Thus I turned full power on him.

Note how he doesn't say "you are scum," he says "You're a good target." Small, but there.

That was when I was still pressuring him and arguing with him. 

When I was done and formally was ready to see him lynched, I referred to him as scum:

It's looking like you're acting funny with Toony, Meph, Web. All your votes seem to be in each other, except when there's an easy lynch target that someone else has set up...or someone is attacking you (Mr. Person, in your case)

'in each other'?

Explain this one.  Are you saying that I've only been after easy targets?

oneshot powers should not be saved until lylo. Seriously. scum.

Error inconsistent

Web wanted everyone to MC with him scanning someone afterwards.  I spoke against it and said if he wants to pull that he should wait.

He's still better off using it on someone without a MC, say someone who's already claimed a role
This is true, but...you're doing a poor job of it because of what you are.

grounds?  You haven't shown how I haven't been hunting well.

Hypocrisy. Again.

then a big fight with Mr. Person, which comes out meh. He scores a few points against you I won't bother quoting, but mainly hypocrisy.

You won't explain how it's hypocritical?

AAaand...thirdvotes. I see where you're coming from with the "When you look at scum, they tend to be there"- it's right here!

Anyway. That's my case on dakarian.

So your case is:

Emotional appeals...to the entire town (when typically it's to individual people to defend yourself or to buddy with them)

Your link between me and Web, which means you've created a fully decked out scumteam between him and me.

Me being 'undakarian'...when you haven't demonstrated what 'dakarian' is.

Me being hypocritical...when half of the comparisons aren't as comparable as you might think, and the other have involves reasons you don't care to explain.

And a batch of other 'scummy' actions that you fail to explain.

Btw, next time you do a massive batch of quote insanity don't stick your text right inside the code?  You know how hard and annoying it was to pull your words from the quote text?  White space!

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: CONCLUSION(6/6)
« Reply #1556 on: December 01, 2009, 02:45:56 pm »

Conclusions:
Vote Dakarian. Appeals to emotion (5), faulty arguments, failed reasoning, hypocrisy (5+? wasn't counting there), and a cherry of a couple thirdvotes...and, something I didn't notice, is, he's pointing out that "no, I'm really the thirdvote" for some wifom!
Toonyman. Toony and is doing a lot of "btw I'm town" and toony's doing a lot of unsupported arguments. Also hammering the lynch when he thought Neruz was town.
WebadictWebadict's doing a lot of mad-lib-attacks (I'm not specifying, find it yourself) allowing people to fill in his attacks, and missing a lot of details, which is not in townweb file. Also, his earlier posts are metaunlike townweb-possibly due to the computer lack thing, as it has fixed, which is one reason he's down here. Has a patent disregard for townlife.
Mephansteras - Lurky, wifom in his selfmeta, and a fair amount of "btw I'm town" things.
Sirbayer is being scummy in a couple ways, but seems more to horse around than anything else.
Rashilul is being a bloody lurker and doing some stupid shit, but...too lurky to read well.

This makes me think of a situation I haven't thought of before, if Webadict and Dakarian were scum, and it makes sense so.

Scumlist:
dakarian
Webadict
Meph
SirBayer

I really really really really like that list.  Just swap out always scum eduren(that's his towntell) and plop in webadict!  There you go.  The only problem I have is....Cheeetar should be on that list.  So!

Scumlist:
dakarian
Cheeetar
Meph
Webadict
SirBayer

His attack on me was pretty uncanny.

Also so yeah, I only said Webadict is scum because I forgot the fact THAT BOTH COULD BE.  :-D  Yah.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Take SirBayer off that list.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You mangled the quotes.
Be more specific, please.

Confused?  That's a scumtell btw.  I showed it to you just a few posts ago.
Quote from: CobaltKobold
Y'know, it'd be nice if people would READ these.
I noted several places where you have missed points. . .And, your asking would be another such!  missed the giant robot roleblock, for one to pull from my wall.

Meanwhile, you're calling me out for smiles?  Reaching.  Simply reaching.
If I were calling two smilies an A2E, then it would be reaching. As is, it's a component of my meta-argument.
I remember being harsh to Pandarsenic in Toon Mafia 5.  I was town then.
Selfmeta=null

As for the other thing.. you did that "quote without an explanation" thing again.  Explain how the Emotional Apealls x4 and the quotes just before "undakarian" compare with each other.
One, you point out how lots of time and posts is a good thing, the other, you're complaining about it. Feels hypocritical.

Also explain how I am SUPPOSED to act?
Logically, with well-structured, well-researched arguments, and not appealing to emotion.
Dakarian states the number of scum differently to what everyone expects. Normally I'd let this slide, but...he has done it a few times.
I was writing this- apparently the other one is actually toonyman. 

Quote from: cobaltkobold
Or, Giving the scum two mislynches in one day.
WIFOM
That is in no way I can discern wifom. seriously, you're better than that with mafia terms. Another metapoint. the fact is, it was a mislynch. Another fact is, you did not do it in any particular way that made it like "another lynch". You decided on your own to go after exkirby and other people (MrPerson at least, may have been a few others) more or less said "what the hell dakarian" when you told him to claim or die.
Asking for rolenames right into RVS isn't quite the same as asking for a claim just before the person dies.  It's normal to ask for a claim when the person is at L-1.  Since I had a daykill, Exkirby was, effectively, at that point.  It's NOT normal to start going on about roles at the very start of day 1.
See above: the town did not have the consensus you are trying to whip up out of thin air. Ergo, he was not "effectively at L-1". He was effectively at your gunpoint, whose control you were NOT really giving to the town. If you wanted to "give the town an extra lynch" you'd wait until sometime like...oh...now, and, instead of hammering, use the daykill. What you did was highly irregular and suspect.
    I was moderately bothered by your rush ob. fuck, j key again.
Explain.
See above- you definitely did not have eight others with you on this.
Quote from: dakarian on November 10, 2009, 03:20:51 PM

Wouldn't it be funny if ExKirby died for no reason whatsoever?

Undakarian...
You didn't notice the big "ExKirby dies for no reason whatsover!" text soon after?  That's HOW my kill worked.  Write a post saying nothing but that and the person gets vigged.
I'll buy that.

I'm not the only person who thinks this cat is off.

Some webadict-highlighted hypocrisy. I'll gladly do more than spend an entire postseries defending myself!
Now I see a problem with your attack.  When I remove the large quotes all I get is this to speak about.  Makes it tricky to defend when you just put a quote, say "this is wrong" and walk away.

AKA: explain that one too.

You make a post saying "If you're going to attack me, do something other than spend the entire post defending yourself." -while attacking someone, the entire post, defending yourself. See yet?
Emotional appeals...to the entire town (when typically it's to individual people to defend yourself or to buddy with them)
Why appeal to one if you can garner sympathy from all? A2E is still scummy.

Your link between me and Web, which means you've created a fully decked out scumteam between him and me.
RNG's the breaks.

Me being 'undakarian'...when you haven't demonstrated what 'dakarian' is.
(town)Dakarian is actually good at this game. You're making errors left and right.

Me being hypocritical...when half of the comparisons aren't as comparable as you might think, and the other have involves reasons you don't care to explain.
A summary dismissal, does not need individual addressing, as I have addressed the points you are trying to wave off.

And a batch of other 'scummy' actions that you fail to explain.
They're your scummy actions-I shouldn't have to explain your actions. Explaining why they're scummy- that I'm doing. (Assuming people will grasp a concept when I display only necessary steps is a failing of mine sometimes.)
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Btw, next time you do a massive batch of quote insanity don't stick your text right inside the code?  You know how hard and annoying it was to pull your words from the quote text?  White space!
Did.
Tilesets
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 151