Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 181

Author Topic: The 40d Little Questions Thread  (Read 204701 times)

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: The Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2250 on: April 02, 2010, 04:51:27 pm »

Once you have a squad creatured, you hit then issue orders as specified.  When they're not active they revert to their civilian roles.

What?

Long story short, it's very very late and I'm an idiot.  I fixed the original post.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: April 02, 2010, 05:02:34 pm »

So, since I only have 1 guy and all the orders are set to "train", he will be a civilian until another guy comes along that He can train with?

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2252 on: April 02, 2010, 05:42:52 pm »

I think so.  To be honest the military screen is a frightening and confusing thing and my soldiers keep almost starving to death while training.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: April 02, 2010, 06:43:16 pm »

So you have to cancel their orders every time they have to eat???

Thndr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: April 02, 2010, 09:46:14 pm »

Reduce the number of dwarves needed for training in the {m}ilitary -> {s}chedule

Put it to a number to less than the dwarves you have in the squad.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 10:15:29 pm by Thndr »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: April 03, 2010, 04:34:26 pm »

But 1 dwarf can't train by himself can he?

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: April 03, 2010, 06:34:57 pm »

I just noticed that even workshop have qualities. Do those qualities influence anything at all?

Ashery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: April 03, 2010, 06:59:19 pm »

But 1 dwarf can't train by himself can he?

They can do individual drills.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: April 03, 2010, 07:32:34 pm »

Read the two articles in the Wiki about military:
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Military
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Military/Guide

If you've only got a couple of dwarfs in your military, consider setting them to train for a few months, then do nothing for a few. that should stop them training and get them to go eat,drink,sleep.

Josiwe

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: April 04, 2010, 09:00:36 pm »

d40 question.

I have two legendary wrestlers. They have decent armor user skill and level ~8ish shield skill. I gave them silver war hammers and chainmail and set them to training. They now have around ~10 hammer skill and they can beat up goblins pretty good.

My question is this: is it safe / at what point is it safe to equip them with high quality steel war hammers? They're killing ok with the silver ones but I want them to have better weapons. I'm worried however that if they go and spar with steel hammers they will kill each other.

I guess the alternative is to not let them spar, so would that mean re-equipping them every time they go on/off duty? Or just deactivating them when they aren't on duty?

wrajjt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: April 04, 2010, 09:09:09 pm »

d40 question.

I have two legendary wrestlers. They have decent armor user skill and level ~8ish shield skill. I gave them silver war hammers and chainmail and set them to training. They now have around ~10 hammer skill and they can beat up goblins pretty good.

My question is this: is it safe / at what point is it safe to equip them with high quality steel war hammers? They're killing ok with the silver ones but I want them to have better weapons. I'm worried however that if they go and spar with steel hammers they will kill each other.

I guess the alternative is to not let them spar, so would that mean re-equipping them every time they go on/off duty? Or just deactivating them when they aren't on duty?

Isnt this why there is wooden practice weapons ingame now? I've not yet explored the military screen, but can't you force your squad to switch to practice weapons while sparring?

Josiwe

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: April 04, 2010, 09:13:21 pm »

Probably, but I have not downloaded 2010. I am playing d40 until 2010 has some of the bugs worked out.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: April 04, 2010, 09:19:39 pm »

d40 question.

If your dwarves have high quality steel armor, usually it's safe enough to switch them over to their combat weapons as soon as they reach legendary in wrestling.

With where your dwarves are at with their skill, there'll be no problem.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Josiwe

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: April 04, 2010, 09:23:23 pm »

Thanks. LOL there's so much to do in this game!. Now I have to add train armorsmith > forge steel plate to the queue.

Ashery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: April 04, 2010, 10:06:15 pm »

d40 question.

If your dwarves have high quality steel armor, usually it's safe enough to switch them over to their combat weapons as soon as they reach legendary in wrestling.

With where your dwarves are at with their skill, there'll be no problem.

I never give my dwarves anything beyond a no quality silver war hammer unless they have a nerve injury. Superchamps massacre anything, regardless of the weapon they use.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 181