Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 587413 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #495 on: February 02, 2010, 05:01:02 pm »

So, I'd wait until the Semi-Bastard mod finishes (because it's probably good to have 1 BYOR, 1 bastard, 1 mountainous-ish, and 1 ridiculously kill-heavy running max at 1 time), but after that, I think either would be fairly awesome.

What was Sudden Death, again?  I remember Boot Camp, but I can't quite remember what the other one was.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 02, 2010, 05:06:26 pm »

I think it was Dakarian, but somebody posted a scripty thingy that handed out roles randomly. Could somebody eb a doll and repost the link?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 02, 2010, 05:10:34 pm »

Well, I'm starting sign-ups for I/S/E now. It will probably be in sign-ups for a while, at least until Rysith's and BM8 ends, maybe longer.

And vector said there are more games in sign-ups than are on the last - consensus on whether or not I should postpone?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 02, 2010, 05:15:18 pm »

I think it was Dakarian, but somebody posted a scripty thingy that handed out roles randomly. Could somebody eb a doll and repost the link?
Is it this one?
http://adv-random-gen.sourceforge.net/rand-gen/index.php?gen=mafia

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 02, 2010, 05:15:48 pm »

Ah--Kingmaker and BMIX are in signups, as well, though I have no idea if/when Kingmaker is going to be taken out of Frozen status.

I guess we should really only count 4 of those, so you might as well put 'er out there, and I'll put your game reasonably high on the list.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 02, 2010, 05:36:30 pm »

I'm considering ideas for Second Chance II. Put it in planned. It'll be a little more balanced. My early goal is the 21st of February to begin signups or enter queue. It'll ideally have 9 players and someone willing to IC mod.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 02, 2010, 05:44:11 pm »

Yes, thank you Leafsnail.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 02, 2010, 06:19:11 pm »

Ah--Kingmaker and BMIX are in signups, as well, though I have no idea if/when Kingmaker is going to be taken out of Frozen status.

I guess we should really only count 4 of those, so you might as well put 'er out there, and I'll put your game reasonably high on the list.
I could take it out of Frozen status, I suppose, but there didn't seem like enough players to warrant it.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 02, 2010, 06:24:38 pm »

sudden death:  3 people, 3 days, each day a differnet person is scum.  Goal is to not only find the scum/survive as scum against the other 2 but also convince a set of judges who are watching from the sidelines.

Both games are built for training purposes.  Boot Camp is to practice the day game and advocate general town play while Sudden Death focuses on combating other players in the scumhunting process.

I prefer both to show at once (especially since SD only needs 3 active players and a few folks who like to critique) but if only one goes up, I want Boot Camp.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 02, 2010, 06:29:24 pm »

You could have Sudden Death up to show scumhunting in its most basic form, then let everyone, especially noobs, comment. Heck, the debate the judges have could be more intense than the one the actual players have.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 02, 2010, 07:31:10 pm »

Hmmm, that makes me want to make the first SD mafia Rank S only for the players and allow a mix of others to judge (i.e. 2 S, 2 A, 2 B/C)

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 02, 2010, 07:46:58 pm »

Are we ever going to have another S Rank vote?

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 02, 2010, 07:55:16 pm »

'course
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 02, 2010, 08:35:44 pm »

We initiate when necessary.

... I'm really hoping you're not expecting in.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 02, 2010, 08:56:38 pm »

Hmm... why don't you run a round or two of Boot Camp first, because that will prep the players for SD.  Then we can have a really good SD game later.

I could take it out of Frozen status, I suppose, but there didn't seem like enough players to warrant it.

6/9?  That should really be enough to expect filled signups soon-ish.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 09:05:08 pm by Vector »

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 443