Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 587222 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #735 on: February 20, 2010, 04:55:09 pm »

And GlyphGryph's Quick Bastard is in signups, too.

That's the thing: we're at peak run-capacity right now.  It's generally dropped because multiple individuals have stopped playing so much Mafia: myself, Zai, Webadict, Cheeetar, Dakarian, and so on.  As such, we're having some readjustment problems in the interim.  Further, the attendance ranking board has severely cut down on lurker behavior in general.

The result is fewer games, with much less tendency to die (though I'll note that both Horrible Role and BYOR 3 are having serious trouble).
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 20, 2010, 05:13:19 pm »

Many games on the list are A or S ranks only, which are cutting down many of the would be players who may not have lurked.

Meaning me.
:I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 20, 2010, 06:26:43 pm »

Yeah, I know.  I'm considering suggesting that most games be for B and up, because as-is it's making things ridiculous.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: February 20, 2010, 06:29:08 pm »

I don't know if that's it, since Paranormal doesn't have any rank restrictions and it's still only at 9/14 spots. And most of those filled spots are A or S rank.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 20, 2010, 06:29:58 pm »

I don't know if that's it, since Paranormal doesn't have any rank restrictions and it's still only at 9/14 spots. And most of those filled spots are A or S rank.

Midterms, maybe?  I know I personally went "I just had midterms, time to go start studying like hell."  I'm wondering if others had similar experiences.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: February 20, 2010, 06:31:47 pm »

Yeah, I know.  I'm considering suggesting that most games be for B and up, because as-is it's making things ridiculous.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 20, 2010, 06:33:06 pm »

I meant IF they have restrictions (though the real point is a deterrent, I believe).  On the other hand, once the winter season is over (just one more month to go), your rank will reset and I'm sure you'll be better about activity and so on.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: February 20, 2010, 06:33:41 pm »

I meant IF they have restrictions (though the real point is a deterrent, I believe).  On the other hand, once the winter season is over (just one more month to go), your rank will reset and I'm sure you'll be better about activity and so on.
Maybe...

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: February 20, 2010, 07:08:25 pm »

The ranks in this thread will be preserved, though, so somebody like web might make games that require certain rank in the previous season.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: February 20, 2010, 07:13:10 pm »

The ranks in this thread will be preserved, though, so somebody like web might make games that require certain rank in the previous season.

Pfaugh, he'd better not.  That's kind of ridiculous... but he won't be able to get you on the 3rd season, then >_>

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 20, 2010, 07:13:50 pm »

Unless he does every season!
MWAHAHAHAHA

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: February 20, 2010, 07:50:28 pm »

If there are any people that passed up TM because of this, you'll be happy to know that it is an any-rank game.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: February 20, 2010, 10:08:39 pm »

It's generally dropped because multiple individuals have stopped playing so much Mafia: myself, Zai, Webadict, Cheeetar, Dakarian, and so on.
Yeah, I'll be taking a break for a while after BYOR3 ends. I'll still be following games, but I won't be playing. =X
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: February 21, 2010, 02:08:23 am »

I've noticed the "bunch of people taking breaks" thing too.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 21, 2010, 04:28:34 am »

Pfaugh, he'd better not.  That's kind of ridiculous... but he won't be able to get you on the 3rd season, then >_>
I do that to prevent lurking. If they prove they can not lurk, then they'll be in.

And I play plenty of games! I just don't play the odd ones.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 443