Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 585251 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #6330 on: April 26, 2022, 02:12:27 pm »

Looks like Tricmagic is up next, then. If they're ready.

Although the queue is a bit...oddly paced at the moment, as I put stuff on it based more on when someone has an idea they want in the queue than anything else. You folks are free to negotiate amongst yourselves on who should do what when.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6331 on: April 26, 2022, 02:43:28 pm »

Although the queue is a bit...oddly paced at the moment, as I put stuff on it based more on when someone has an idea they want in the queue than anything else. You folks are free to negotiate amongst yourselves on who should do what when.
And posted. Let the chaos begin again! There are Traitors in the Fortress.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6332 on: April 26, 2022, 05:53:54 pm »

Under no circumstances do I intend to run two games back-to-back, I just wanted two slots.  So yeah, next 1d6 players to request to run a game should be wedged between those two games I've requested to run.

Looks like Vector is up next if they would like to run a game (Rusted Diadem or otherwise)

I can't until July, at which point I intend to jump the queue, wherever I am on it, and run Rusted Diadem. Please let someone else go.

That sounds more like smashing the Snooze Button than jumping the queue, a more wholesome activity for sure.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6333 on: April 26, 2022, 07:04:57 pm »

Also, I do have another gam idea. A small 3 person setup. (Which will be odd as usual.) If anyone wants that.
If not, just put it in the Queue as Angel or Demon?
... 4 person might be better for that idea. As a 3 person it's just a blind debate.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 07:11:13 pm by TricMagic »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6334 on: April 30, 2022, 12:03:02 pm »

Could use 2 more before the game starts. Otherwise this one might be very short.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6335 on: May 04, 2022, 09:59:46 am »

In June, I would like to run either Proc Gen Mafia 4, or some kind of mad closed set up involving hats and hat theft.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6336 on: May 04, 2022, 11:19:40 am »

In June, I would like to run either Proc Gen Mafia 4, or some kind of mad closed set up involving hats and hat theft.
Can it be called TricMagical Hats?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6337 on: May 04, 2022, 04:48:40 pm »

Of note, please put Unrest in the Fortress on the list.
This one isn't bastard-ish at all. There are 2 Mafia Cops, and a bunch of vanilla-ish townies. All Roles are known. Town has to lynch the two cops to win. Mafia wins when they outnumber town, but don't know each other. They do however share their info results. Oh, and both of them have a daykill they can use whenever they wish. I might reduce it to a single shared kill they can use at the expense of the other.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6338 on: May 04, 2022, 06:07:55 pm »

Hey, everyone. I'm up to run a game, but Jade Court's design is fighting me a bit. I'd like to get your opinions before I put a game up.

Jade Court was originally intended to be a 10-player semi-open setup. All roles would be known, but roles would be randomly selected from the pool to be included in the game prior to starting it. However, designing the open setup is proving a bit difficult - I'm having a bit of trouble making sure the game's potential configurations are balanced and interesting. This leaves me with three options.

A: Keep trying at this. It might take me a bit longer to get Jade Court working as a semi-open setup. I don't want to make everyone wait for the next major game, but it'll probably be a few days at least before I can crack this, maybe longer.
B: Make Jade Court a closed game. To be clear, the main rules and game structure would still be entirely open, I'd just be designing a single, balanced roles-setup, which would have to be opaque to the players until game end. Think a Mostly Vanilla Mafia, but with less intense power roles, fewer power roles, and more of an emphasis on the vote.
C: Run an entirely different game. I'm pretty confident, at this point, in my ability to run a new Fallacy's BYOR that doesn't suck, or even a semi-bastard if y'all are up for something interesting.

I'm just not sure which of these to go for.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6339 on: May 04, 2022, 06:39:24 pm »

C for now, put Jade Court on the backburner. Good luck on Jade Court

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6340 on: May 04, 2022, 06:46:27 pm »

A single balanced set up sounds good, so I'll vote for B.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6341 on: May 04, 2022, 08:55:38 pm »

Gauging interest for another Power Hungry Mafia, this time with 100% fewer slime roles?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6342 on: May 04, 2022, 10:11:21 pm »

I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

reina

• Bay Watcher
  • Femme Anarchy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6343 on: May 05, 2022, 04:53:18 am »

Forum registration just got approved, was hoping to make it in time for the most recent game.

Last time I played/hosted mafia here was over a decade ago under the username Eduren. Gotta say, its wild to come back, recognize names, and see some of you still at it. I have a lot of good memories of socializing with y'all when I was younger :)

Hope everyone's doing well!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 04:57:14 am by reina »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6344 on: May 05, 2022, 10:15:11 am »

Welcome back!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 443