Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Cybernations: Tyrants, Egomaniacs, and Villains Rejoice!  (Read 5513 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cybernations: Tyrants, Egomaniacs, and Villains Rejoice!
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2010, 07:44:04 am »

Ok, fine, I registered onto this thing.
http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=377935

Nationstates is a terrible game (through personal experience), and Cybernations is reported to be even worse. No way I'm touching that thing.

I also heard its government system is wacked out, and that you can't have Anarchy as a form of government, which is a bummer. You actually have Anarchy as a form of government in Nationstates, and an effective one at that...assuming you don't get killed by the biker gangs first.

Well, it depends on what you like. NS2 seemed a bit too complicated. Too much crap and in the end, whatever you do, your economy is booming. And the choices thing gets recycled a lot. It's a massive time sink too and highly unbalanced.

CN looks quite fun. It keeps things as simple as possible, and looks like I can play it with just half an hour per day. It's not as good with detail, but looks like it's a bit more fun. The alliances look very active too.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Vilien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2010, 07:18:27 pm »

CN looks quite fun. It keeps things as simple as possible, and looks like I can play it with just half an hour per day. It's not as good with detail, but looks like it's a bit more fun. The alliances look very active too.
You should probably find an alliance. I can recommend some if you'd like.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2010, 09:09:26 pm »

Nations that Cyber? Uh....
Hello Hunam

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2010, 11:32:35 pm »

You should probably find an alliance. I can recommend some if you'd like.

Wow, 15 new messages. I'm having fun having a large list to choose from. I think I'll just pick the alliance that has the most detail put into it :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2010, 12:16:38 am »

Nations that Cyber? Uh....
:o

Anyway, I am Quinn, part of phoenix rising.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2010, 12:55:30 am »

so I'm StevenSeagall in this and all I've really been doing is PAY BILLS, COLLECT TAXES, BUY MORE INFRASTRUCTURE/SOMETIMES TECH/SOMETIMES MILITARY(but whenever I do my population gets mad that I have too many soldiers :( Guess they don't want to be a strong militaristic nation of mostly soldiers???)
When does FUN happen. I guess a lot of the fun is in the diplomacy between alliances but I don't really want to have to sign up for an outside forum to talk about a game i play for five minutes every day.
What happens if I wage war on random people? How does war go, somebody tell me. I have this huge military doing jack squat, I think I need to invade something.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2010, 01:10:02 am »

I'm new so I don't really know. Wanna trade till my alliance trade circle opens?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2010, 01:15:03 am »

I know, do a 3mil for 100tech deal, and never give the tech. Use it to build nukes instead,

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2010, 10:27:00 am »

I already have all my trade slots full, sorry :(
Do trade bonuses stack?
How do I do a tech deal?
SO MANY QUESTIONS, SO LITTLE TIME TO READ MANUALS!!!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2010, 10:55:22 am »

You really need an alliance, they do tech deals, where a player with lots of tech sends you 3 mil dollars, and then you buy 50 tech, send it, buy 50 tech, and send it again. U keep the remaining money.

(Tech is more expensive the more you have...)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2010, 12:32:48 pm »

How would you control anything as a leader if by defintion anarchy doesn't have a leader?

You control the government, and the "government" is basically a bunch of rich businesspeople hiding the Parliament building from said biker gangs. They can raise money by videotaping the violence via security cameras and putting it on PPV (they can select this option via an issue that fires if you get into Anarchy).

I'm not making this up.

EDIT: There are three "freedom sliders" (lack of a better term) in this game: Economic Freedom, Civil Rights, and Political Liberties. The reason Anarchy is such a great government is that it occurs when all three freedom sliders are at High. Since high Economic Freedoms=high GDP, and everyone love freedom, an Anarchy can be quite a nice place to live.

Well, it depends on what you like. NS2 seemed a bit too complicated.

I never played NS2. Only NS1, and NS1 is a rather basic game. It appears CN is more complicated than NS1...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 12:38:58 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Vilien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2010, 03:53:04 pm »

so I'm StevenSeagall in this and all I've really been doing is PAY BILLS, COLLECT TAXES, BUY MORE INFRASTRUCTURE/SOMETIMES TECH/SOMETIMES MILITARY(but whenever I do my population gets mad that I have too many soldiers :( Guess they don't want to be a strong militaristic nation of mostly soldiers???)
When does FUN happen. I guess a lot of the fun is in the diplomacy between alliances but I don't really want to have to sign up for an outside forum to talk about a game i play for five minutes every day.
What happens if I wage war on random people? How does war go, somebody tell me. I have this huge military doing jack squat, I think I need to invade something.
A lot of the fun really is on the forums, sorry. Other than that, war is pretty interesting, but you might get crushed if you attack someone randomly.

I know, do a 3mil for 100tech deal, and never give the tech. Use it to build nukes instead,
This is a great way to get destroyed by stronger nations.

I already have all my trade slots full, sorry :(
Do trade bonuses stack?
How do I do a tech deal?
SO MANY QUESTIONS, SO LITTLE TIME TO READ MANUALS!!!
The bonuses for separate resources do stack, but having multiple of the same resource only gives you one bonus.

A tech deal occurs as described, when a large nation sends you $3 million and you return either 50 or 100 tech (depending on who you're dealing with). Older nations get tech for cheap, and you get to make around $1 million for your nation.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2010, 01:26:12 pm »

Just bumping this to say that this is an awesome game. It's close to my idea of a perfect browser game:
- Only needs 10 mins a day
- Lots and lots of drama
- Newbie friendly
- Newbies have the chance to be more powerful than the long time players, but long time players still have an advantage to recover, by experience. (I'm in the nation range of Vilien!  8))
- And lots of coordination for attacks and stuff

The game is full of design flaws, but most of the alliances point them out so you could avoid them. Only go in DEFCON 1/5, give people what they want, only certain government types are good, don't buy too many cruise missiles, tech deal... all the flaws are well documented enough that they're not even exploits any more.

But what gets me is how awesome the alliances are. There's a lot of work and detail put in them. I mean I love the coordination, the development aid, the sense of unity. There's all this coordination in war. CN's a pretty simple game by itself, boring within a few days, but with others, it's one of the best teamwork games out there.

Heh, I joined Viridian Entente a month ago and knocked down a nuclear rogue down to zero infra. It's pretty cool beating down a 1000+ day old nation when you're barely a month old.
Pages: 1 2 [3]