Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 987

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1593520 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! With love from the middle of everywhere.
« Reply #7500 on: August 16, 2013, 10:45:47 am »

Personally, I blame the gender confusion on the number of adorably effeminate guys that have shown up in this thread. Quite frankly, with only the face, it's become hard to tell. And sometimes even with more.

Well, it's certainly not my intention to look like an effeminate male, being that I am trans and in the middle of transition. Things seem to be going smoothly as far as I can tell, but I can never really know what people think of me outside of getting addressed by the right pronouns. I certainly get told that I am cute every once in a while, but am I attractive in the way that men are handsome, or that women are pretty (or neither)? I'm unsure.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 10:47:19 am by Flandre »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7501 on: August 16, 2013, 10:48:53 am »

In the androgynous way that can be applied to both women and men. There are standards of beauty that don't rely on archetypical exaggerated features on either end of the scale, after all.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7502 on: August 16, 2013, 10:53:39 am »

Of course you're pretty :I  You've got a great face, and I love your haircut.  I think I've got a similar type of hair, so as mine grows out I might try something more like that.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 11:04:07 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7503 on: August 16, 2013, 11:12:44 am »

I can see how it's a little different when you're trans*, but I don't really think people should care about whether they look good in a masculine sense or in a feminine sense.

You -are- attractive. Like I said though, I can see why it would matter more how you're attractive, in your case, for fairly obvious reasons. 
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7504 on: August 16, 2013, 11:22:26 am »

My eyebrows are too glorious to alter :v

Also, I agree with Dice.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7505 on: August 16, 2013, 11:57:01 am »

[Redacted]
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 04:09:28 pm by Reverie »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7506 on: August 16, 2013, 12:13:33 pm »

Congratulations.  That's looking like a very successful transition, from what you've shown.  When you first posted that picture on the other page, questioning your femininity didn't cross my mind.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7507 on: August 16, 2013, 12:35:06 pm »

. . . If you don't like this advice, please just ignore the crap out of me.  You're beautiful.

However, I think some cute earrings and hairclips would help.  Not that you look masculine or something right now (... you really don't), but my experience as a cis/genderqueer(... ????) woman with a "masculine" mode of personality and dress has been that things really changed a lot when I pierced my ears.  It was such a minor thing, but it helped a lot in terms of how people treated me.  They allowed me to behave as I liked and stopped commenting on "lol, you're such a dude" and things like that, started complimenting my looks more.  Also... it actually doesn't hurt very much.  I understand if you wouldn't want to, though.

(I can't wear hair clips without feeling stupid, but I think that this or this sort of thing would look cute on you~)

What my mother always says is that pretty isn't actually about how you look, it's about "perceived effort."  Which, in your case... yeah... but apparently that's what the whole deal about hair decs and makeup is.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7508 on: August 16, 2013, 12:36:34 pm »

Congratulations.  That's looking like a very successful transition, from what you've shown.  When you first posted that picture on the other page, questioning your femininity didn't cross my mind.
This +1.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7509 on: August 16, 2013, 12:40:12 pm »

. . . If you don't like this advice, please just ignore the crap out of me.  You're beautiful.

However, I think some cute earrings and hairclips would help.  Not that you look masculine or something right now (... you really don't), but my experience as a cis/genderqueer(... ????) woman with a "masculine" mode of personality and dress has been that things really changed a lot when I pierced my ears.  It was such a minor thing, but it helped a lot in terms of how people treated me.  They allowed me to behave as I liked and stopped commenting on "lol, you're such a dude" and things like that, started complimenting my looks more.  Also... it actually doesn't hurt very much.  I understand if you wouldn't want to, though.

(I can't wear hair clips without feeling stupid, but I think that this or this sort of thing would look cute on you~)

What my mother always says is that pretty isn't actually about how you look, it's about "perceived effort."  Which, in your case... yeah... but apparently that's what the whole deal about hair decs and makeup is.

Actually, I do have earrings but wasn't wearing them in these pictures. Good point, though. I'll put them back in.

Also, where do you even find adorable hair clips like that? I'd love to have all of those.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7510 on: August 16, 2013, 12:41:25 pm »

questioning your femininity didn't cross my mind.

Ditto. You're pretty enough to be crush-worthy, and this is coming from a Hetero guy. I was going to tell you that your eyebrows looked fine as is, but I could understand how transitioning may make you feel a need to wax them, and stuff like that.

I roomed with an FTM friend some years back, and he was anxious all the time about passing (moreso since he was pre-op, and had been off hormone therapy for a while when I met him). I never would have known, had he not explained things to me prior to moving in. As people are introduced to you as a gal, I suspect you'll be seeing less and less of that. Until then, keep doing what you're doing!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7511 on: August 16, 2013, 01:00:03 pm »

Also, where do you even find adorable hair clips like that? I'd love to have all of those.

Fuck if I know ;_;  The internet!!

No but seriously, if you have any Japanese specialty shops around you (or in Japantown, they're seriously everywhere that puts an effort into pulling Japanese clientele), they tend to have these amazing sort of alligator-clippy things?  Like, I've found them even at fabric/paper stores and dollar stores.  I just did an internet search for "Japanese hair clip" and got lots and lots of pictures.  Even I would almost want to try one, but my mom keeps on doing this gross twisty thing when she sticks them in and I look like someone named, I dunno, Patsy or something, and I look all pretty and awful.  So maybe after I've actually moved out and she won't be able to friggin' do that anymore.

I need to ask you for tips on how to do my hair when it grows out a little.  I found out that having it short does no favors for my enormous forehead, and I think we have similar hair types.  Of course I'll probably cut it all off immediately after, but... at least I'll know how to make it look, well, less Hokusai-waveish...

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7512 on: August 16, 2013, 01:11:22 pm »

I actually don't have a hair secret. Besides getting my hair trimmed once a while back, this is what my hair looks like after growing it out from the short buzz style I had in the military. I just have natural curly hair.

Anyways: it might look nice now, but you should have seen the grotesque middle-stage it was in for a while. That was a sight to behold. People implored me to cut it, but I adamantly grew it out as a secret first step in transitioning.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 01:20:28 pm by Flandre »

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7513 on: August 16, 2013, 01:14:08 pm »

Flandre, when you posted that picture, I've immediately noticed that you are a transsexual. Your jaw is rather angular for a girl.
The skeletal structure still shows what gender you used to have. There's a difference between male and female skeletons, one of them is the form of the mandible: males have squarer mandibles than females, whose mandibles are more round. The form of your mandible is angular.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 01:16:21 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7514 on: August 16, 2013, 01:21:27 pm »

You haven't seen many women, have you?

Strong jaws on women are not rare. It's one of my favourite traits.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 987