Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: HFS is More Evil Than Ever [Spoilers]  (Read 25344 times)

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: HFS is More Evil Than Ever [Spoilers]
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2010, 10:21:57 pm »

The idea is to make a HUGE SINK HOLE

basically, the demons would go RIGHT UP, you open up the hole they're coming up too the sky. A fortress of demon worshipers!

Then they charge right back at you and slaughter you all in horribly torturous ways, then flay your bodies upon rusted spikes and rape your organs.
'

Obviously the fort won't survive. but my point is that the demons would have a clear path RIGHT UP to the surface. Leading to a demonic invasion of the world.
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Toksyuryel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2010, 10:28:19 pm »

Here's an experiment: since you have that adamantine pick, try changing adamantine's properties to match slade's and then see if you can mine the slade with that pick. This is obviously academic but it would be interesting to see if it would let you mine it if you have a strong enough tool.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2010, 10:30:54 pm »

I stripped slade of its ridiculous stats in my save's raws.  When I reloaded the game, I could designate slade for digging.  When I returned it to is previous stats, I was again unable to designate it for digging.
Wait, are you saying slade is just too hard to mine? is that really it?
I totally called it.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2010, 10:31:45 pm »

anyone know what a grolack is, cause I have one that's freindly, and wandering around my cave system killing giant toads.....  thought maybe it fit under escaped beasts or something?
Nom nom nom

KillerClowns

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2010, 10:40:46 pm »

Here's an experiment: since you have that adamantine pick, try changing adamantine's properties to match slade's and then see if you can mine the slade with that pick. This is obviously academic but it would be interesting to see if it would let you mine it if you have a strong enough tool.

Copied everything, up to and including the unholy density.  No luck.  Added an extra zero to all of adamantine's stats, still no luck.  I think it's just at a certain... something, that just makes the game say "sorry, you can't mine this."  In fact, looking at the stats of processed adamantine, it should be able to mine out slade.  I'm about to remove its special stats, then add them back one by one until it become invulnerable again.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 10:44:29 pm by KillerClowns »
"A rational enemy is better than a foolish friend." -Arab proverb

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2010, 10:49:17 pm »

God-speed, man.  And may SCIENCE always be with you.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

KillerClowns

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2010, 10:54:39 pm »

I have uncovered the Secret of Slade.
First I turned off all of its stats, and then turned them on one by one until I could no longer mine the stuff.  When I turned on [IMPACT_FRACTURE:5000000], it became invincible; I could freely activate all other stats, and as long as that one was off, I could designate slade for mining.  Then I changed it, on a whim, to [IMPACT_FRACTURE:4999999], exactly one lower.  Slade remained mineable.  Set it back up to [IMPACT_FRACTURE:5000000], and it was again invulnerable.  So... yeah.  [IMPACT_FRACTURE:5000000] translates into "cannot designate for mining."
Before you ask, yes, I did return Adamantine to its usual stats first.  EDIT: In fact, on a whim, I temporarily gave Adamantine iron's stats.  Could still mine slade with them.  And I can't actually do anything with Slade.  I can't build things with it.  My craftsmen ignore it.  It doesn't appear on the list of economic stones, so I can't activate it for common use.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 11:03:03 pm by KillerClowns »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2010, 11:07:29 pm »

I have uncovered the Secret of Slade.
First I turned off all of its stats, and then turned them on one by one until I could no longer mine the stuff.  When I turned on [IMPACT_FRACTURE:5000000], it became invincible; I could freely activate all other stats, and as long as that one was off, I could designate slade for mining.  Then I changed it, on a whim, to [IMPACT_FRACTURE:4999999], exactly one lower.  Slade remained mineable.  Set it back up to [IMPACT_FRACTURE:5000000], and it was again invulnerable.  So... yeah.  [IMPACT_FRACTURE:5000000] translates into "cannot designate for mining."
Before you ask, yes, I did return Adamantine to its usual stats first.  EDIT: In fact, on a whim, I temporarily gave Adamantine iron's stats.  Could still mine slade with them.  And I can't actually do anything with Slade.  I can't build things with it.  My craftsmen ignore it.  It doesn't appear on the list of economic stones, so I can't activate it for common use.
Now all we need is a way to use it...
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

KillerClowns

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2010, 11:23:04 pm »

I turned slade into microcline.
I literally turned slade into microcline.
Everything, up to and including its name and color, are the exact same as those of microcline.
I am looking at hell, and I have turned it all into microcline.
Except I haven't.  Because I can use microcline.  So I changed the once-slade's name to "screwyouium" for differentiation purposes, and continued my study.
Worth noting: although in the raws, screwyouium's symbol has been set to "%" (as per the cloning of Microcline), it's tile is still diagonal lines, like how soil and, perhaps not coincidentally, semi-molten rock, are represented.  I mean, there are screwyouium boulders lying around, which look exactly like microcline boulders (they were gray * before, but the microcline conversion made them filled circles like ordinary stone) but the walls are ignoring the usual tile selection.
Every statistic slade has that can be accessed from the raws has been changed to that of microcline, but it is still utterly useless.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 11:49:02 pm by KillerClowns »

Mister Lingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2010, 11:24:06 pm »

Hey how did you mod the demons to not be immortal? I don't want to bother making a huge demon defense that's pointless.

KillerClowns

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2010, 11:26:30 pm »

Hey how did you mod the demons to not be immortal? I don't want to bother making a huge demon defense that's pointless.
I didn't.  I modded dwarves, and turned them into equally immortal slade colossi; the handful of immortal demons I've encountered thus far have been fighting some wrestlers, and I've gotten really lucky with the rest of the demons; they've all been mortal.  Oh, and the reason slade's symbol didn't change was because I forgot to change it; there's nothing special about that.  So, yeah.  You can mod every single statistic slade has, and make it exactly like any other stone you choose, and it will still be inexplicably impossible to use for construction, crafting, or anything else.  I'm gonna set up a custom reaction, see if I can turn the damn stuff into something useful that way.
EDIT: Nope.  I created a slade to coke reaction, made it accessible to my people, and it doesn't show up.  Slade is useless in a way more inherent to its nature than any amount of raw editting can change.  My next experiment is to gen a world in which slade does not exist, and the [DEEP_SURFACE] tag is held by a substance which, from the very beginning, is statistically equivalent in all but name to microcline.  If this substance proves as useless as slade, we will know: anything that is used as the floor of Hell is hardcoded to be inherently, unyieldingly, useless.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 11:38:43 pm by KillerClowns »

Mister Lingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2010, 12:00:54 am »

Huh, well thanks for the response. I'm thinking they're immortal because of the currently flawed combat system, is that right? That would make more sense than just "oh yeah, unkillable demons! Hell is bad and stuff." Also did you try building the hanging staircase at the time?

KillerClowns

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2010, 12:04:45 am »

Huh, well thanks for the response. I'm thinking they're immortal because of the currently flawed combat system, is that right? That would make more sense than just "oh yeah, unkillable demons! Hell is bad and stuff." Also did you try building the hanging staircase at the time?

Hanging staircase was how I got down there, worked fine.  And yeah, I'm pretty sure the immortality is a bug.  Well, really, it's just that the system is working a little too well; something that isn't alive can't be killed.  Some reasonable alternate way of declaring an inorganic creature "dead" and making it unable to move has to be added, aside from "melt the S.O.B. in magma".

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2010, 12:06:37 am »

I created a slade to coke reaction, made it accessible to my people, and it doesn't show up.  Slade is useless in a way more inherent to its nature than any amount of raw editting can change.  My next experiment is to gen a world in which slade does not exist, and the [DEEP_SURFACE] tag is held by a substance which, from the very beginning, is statistically equivalent in all but name to microcline.  If this substance proves as useless as slade, we will know: anything that is used as the floor of Hell is hardcoded to be inherently, unyieldingly, useless.
You should try making a world where Slade lacks [DEEP_SURFACE] and see if anything changes.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2010, 12:18:18 am »

Interesting thing to note about the demon populations: Each individual type is listed in the world population stats as 'unnumbered'.

The only thing that has a similar designation is some few, freakishly numerous, vermin. Ants and such.

Apparently any single demon species has enough numbers backing it to... match, in a strict number sense, the population of pretty much the rest of world's species, combined. Any single demon species. The smallest worldgen default has 20 of 'em.

Dorfworld is officially screwed... and that's considering the state it was in before.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7