If you want to participate, come check out the sequel, Skyscrapes 2.
"Come, let us build for ourselves a city, and a tower whose top will reach into heaven, and let us make for ourselves a name, otherwise we will be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth." -Genesis 11:4This is a tower fortress. It is adorned with hanging rings of tallness and menaces with spikes of z-levels.
Tower forts have been done before, but none like this. This fort, using the mighty world-gen powers of 0.31.02, has 100 z-levels available above the ground, even though it is located on perfectly flat ground!
1. Each player has 1 in-game year to add another level to the tower.
2. Each player can add 1-5 floors to the tower (since I don't think we'll reach 100 turns).
3. All parts of the fort MUST be contained within the tower, above ground. The only exceptions are farms, mining for stone/ore, and stockpiles.
4. The levels of the tower can be designed in any way you desire, as long as it won't easily collapse (e.g. with the pull of a lever). Be sure to roof over any sections of the tower you want to be considered "inside", as there might not be a floor directly above it.
5. Try to use up any stone you mine out; we don't want too much clutter.
6. Modifying previous players' levels is allowed, to a certain extent. Try not to mess with the outer walls, or anything that looks like it would've taken a while to design/make.NOTE: When you find out it's your turn, please post in the thread so I won't accidentally skip you.
I'll generally give you a few days to respond once your turn comes around. However, if you haven't been on the forums in over two weeks, you only get 24 hours.
3. Urist Imiknorris
14. John Keel
Note to people who've been skipped: If you asked to be skipped, you can take your turn anytime after the currently playing person, just ask.
- Ultimate Carl
- Urist Mcinternetuser
- Urist Imiknorris
- Shintaro Fago
If you were involuntarily skipped, you can only be added to the end of the list.
Color Key: In Line Awaiting Confirmation Active Completed Skipped (inactive/unresponsive) Skipped (voluntary) Most recent Map.
(note: when uploading a map, make sure the fortress name is "Skyscrapes the Tower-Fortress", so it links up with the other maps.)Most recent save.