... less of something that I'll maybe post
- 2 (0.7%)
... something you left out of the poll that I'll maybe post
- 6 (2.1%)
... dragon liver roast
- 28 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: Direforged Original 47.0X  (Read 104958 times)

RawChaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.43.05] Direforged Mod v1.3h - To the Hive!
« Reply #225 on: January 02, 2017, 08:35:37 am »

Question. is there anyway to play as a itarin?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 02, 2017, 03:43:43 pm »

Not "officially" at the moment. You'd need to add either [OUTSIDER_CONTROLLABLE] to their creature entry or [INDIV_CONTROLLABE] to their entity entry that has entity positions. I've so far shied away from making them playable due to the navigability of their sites.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Xeldrakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 28, 2017, 10:06:58 pm »

So, I have returned to this mod with the intent of playing it in fort mode while I take a breather from my own stuff. Maybe it's been too bloody long or maybe I didn't get the hang of it the first time.. not sure.. but I am having some difficulty planting Frozenflame bushes. I started a new fort with a dozen of the seeds on hand so I could get the brushels produced early. Unfortunately they don't seem to be in the list of crops I can plant outside, and I am playing a civ with both indoor and outdoor crops.

Surely I am missing something.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 29, 2017, 07:31:22 am »

Frozenfire bushes are underground plants, so they can't be planted outside.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Xeldrakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 29, 2017, 03:54:12 pm »

I'll take my dunce cap and leave, lmao. Thanks for the info.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 30, 2017, 02:17:01 pm »

No need for a dunce cap - it could have just as well been a bug, so any report is appreciated.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 30, 2017, 09:35:31 pm »

Otu, you got any plans for later versions of Direforged?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 31, 2017, 10:01:52 am »

I do, but I haven't quite set them in motion yet (partially because my "new" (hand-me-down, rather) computer isn't quite as good at DFing as I hoped it might be, hampering testing).
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: [0.44.02] Direforged Mod v1.3i - To the Hive!
« Reply #233 on: December 03, 2017, 01:08:27 pm »

This is a quick update to the Direforged raws to make them conform to 0.44.02 standards. Of note, it removes STRANGE_MOODS from the shyhak and adds it to the carmine fey for the time being (likely to become an gui option), and it removes the decorative workshops from the entity files in favor of the new display furniture.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

DoktaYut

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME:OCEAN_DEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 17, 2017, 01:14:02 pm »

Been enjoying this mod again, specifically with a Shyhak fortress that seems to be doing quite well (while the dwarven one got Werebeast'd and I quit right then). Still, a couple of questions
One, I imagine the Shyhak being rather fragile is intended, due to the general frailty of anything without an inner skeleton in this game and to compensate for having four arms? Because the chitin doesn't quite protect that much, and even Atlases can get their limbs splatted by unskilled punches sometimes. But then again: Multiple arms. Just having two shields makes a soldier quite hard to hit.
And two, Shyhak can't launch expeditions as far as I know, and I believe it's because a subqueen is needed for that (and I don't have one, because no queen caste members have deigned visit). I'd probably point at the [RESPONSIBILITY:MILITARY_GOALS] tag in that regard; is this intended (Shyhak'ur do seem like the sort) or not?
This is a Bay 12 Forum Post. Written on the item is a signature entitled Thoughts on Signatures, authored by Dokta Yut. It concerns the elaboration, selection and display of forum signatures. The writing is very concise, yet it has a touch of humor. Overall, the prose is not awful, but not very good either.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 18, 2017, 01:09:22 pm »

I'll look into the frailty of the shyhak. They shouldn't be too weak in combat - at least against unskilled punches. Expeditions being impossible to launch is not intended, and a side effect of this being a quick update. I missed that the responsibility may be the culprit (it's possible that Toady mentioned this at some point, but I don't remember for certain). That'll be fixed in the next version, though I can't yet say when that'll come.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

DoktaYut

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME:OCEAN_DEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 23, 2018, 05:49:03 pm »

And another minor thing, that's probably a part of the whole "Sentients with [buildingdestroyer]" problem, I might suggest looking into fachan with that in mind. In my latest fort I've had my share of obvious fachan spies passing themselves as peddlers and such but wrecking everything in sight (I've rebuilt that trade depot like ten times) even while pretending to be friendly. Sure, I didn't really need another excuse to toss them off a bridge or lynch them, but I imagine it wasn't quite intended.
This is a Bay 12 Forum Post. Written on the item is a signature entitled Thoughts on Signatures, authored by Dokta Yut. It concerns the elaboration, selection and display of forum signatures. The writing is very concise, yet it has a touch of humor. Overall, the prose is not awful, but not very good either.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 25, 2018, 01:27:21 pm »

Yeah, that's not good. I'll try to make time to upload an update that removes building destroyer from the fachan and adds the military goals responsibility for shyhak'ur soon.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 25, 2018, 03:59:55 pm »

And another minor thing, that's probably a part of the whole "Sentients with [buildingdestroyer]" problem, I might suggest looking into fachan with that in mind. In my latest fort I've had my share of obvious fachan spies passing themselves as peddlers and such but wrecking everything in sight (I've rebuilt that trade depot like ten times) even while pretending to be friendly. Sure, I didn't really need another excuse to toss them off a bridge or lynch them, but I imagine it wasn't quite intended.

Ah that little bug.   :)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 29, 2018, 04:10:32 pm »

A new small update - beyond the shyhak military goal and the de-building destroyering of the fachan, there is the beginning of entity-specific creature use. The ekodu, as fiendlings, get a variety of lesser fiends such as the oshkras that were already in the mod (the shadow lions), the fire imps and stranglers from vanilla, and one new creature (the gaurath, a five-legged bearlike creature with huge antlers).
Direforged Original
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17