Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 55

Author Topic: Sword of the Stars  (Read 120261 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Sword of the Stars
« Reply #285 on: January 24, 2011, 04:04:49 pm »

I think FTL Communication is a tarkas only tech which allows you to give orders to fleets that are in warp.
Um... what? Taking a half second to look at that tech tree .png would tell you FTL comms is the basic C3 tech. Everyone gets it.

You're thinking of hyper-link communications, which is the only tarkas only C3 tech.
Yes, I misremembered. Thank you.

Krelian

• Bay Watcher
  • Hola
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 30, 2011, 10:20:46 am »

Guys, if I only have the money for one expansion pack then which should I get?

Im afraid this could be a little late, but the whole collection is for $7 UDS here

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 30, 2011, 11:01:32 am »

Guys, if I only have the money for one expansion pack then which should I get?

Im afraid this could be a little late, but the whole collection is for $7 UDS here

I've already bought 'Born of Blood' but that is still cheaper than the other DLCs put together, I will buy it!

EDIT: Aw, it's hardcopy only...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 11:12:06 am by Omegastick »
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 30, 2011, 01:35:05 pm »

EDIT: Aw, it's hardcopy only...

REALLY?!   :o

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 07, 2011, 04:06:44 pm »

Hey guys, I got the complete collection and it is pretty cool. The only thing I'm wondering is how alliances work with the removal of the diplomacy manager (I can't find it, at least). The Hivers in my latest game have asked me to be in an alliance but there is nowhere to say 'yes', any help?
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 07, 2011, 04:52:20 pm »

There are options for it in the races screen.

Look for a yellow arrow pointing to the right.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #291 on: February 07, 2011, 04:54:29 pm »

Also you can't do diplomacy until you research the languages of the race in question I believe.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 07, 2011, 05:01:37 pm »

There are options for it in the races screen.

Look for a yellow arrow pointing to the right.

What races screen? I've looked on the diplomacy screen and just about every other screen I can find but can't find any arrow pointing to the right.

Also you can't do diplomacy until you research the languages of the race in question I believe.
Yeah, I've got the first two languages of the race researched and 'Incorporate Hiver'.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Tres_Huevos

• Bay Watcher
  • All I want for Christmas are your two front teeth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 07, 2011, 07:38:56 pm »

http://i.imgur.com/x5Tyf.jpg

I've circled the thing you need to click in red. If you don't have those arrows, perhaps you had alliances turned off in the game setup? That was my problem in my first game.

A question of my own: How do you send a science mission to an ally? I can't for the life of me figure it out.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #294 on: February 07, 2011, 07:41:35 pm »

A question of my own: How do you send a science mission to an ally? I can't for the life of me figure it out.
IIRC it's located under the same menu where you would send them money, but only once you research all 3 language techs for them.

Tres_Huevos

• Bay Watcher
  • All I want for Christmas are your two front teeth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 07, 2011, 07:47:57 pm »

I've never seen it there, though, even for members of my own race, who I undoubtedly have all three language techs for. Maybe I'm just missing it somehow, though.

Ah, yup, there it is. I've looked at that page three or four times before, specifically to try and find that, but missed it every time.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #296 on: February 08, 2011, 05:29:32 am »

the tech missions are odd. Once you send one they get a 'special project' in their research screen like you would get for a monitor. They have to fund it for a while before they get the tech. Sort of adapting an alien technology to your own systems I guess.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 08, 2011, 11:36:27 am »

Hmm, there seems to be no orange arrow, I must have alliances turned off. It's strange that the AI still invites you into alliances on these 'no alliance' games, ,though.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 08, 2011, 02:01:23 pm »

I'm currently having a blast, finally, after a streak of bad games. I'm playing Morrigi on a 50-star Clusters map, against Humans and Zuul. Well, just humans now, hehe. With AI research and AI economy I've amassed a tidy fleet of 99 cruisers, and just kinda steamrolled the Zuul, being down to 52 in the end. Which were all outdated by then as well, with meson beams and pulse phasers becoming the new norm. I guess I hit a great spot of luck - a Peacekeeper arrived early on, in time to repel a pair of nasty Zuul attacks (that I could've handled anyway, but with far more effort), though it did stall once when a Zuul cruiser sneaked into its deadzone and stayed there until the round ended. Which resulted in the bloody thing hunting for my pack of cutting-edge battlecruisers, which I had to stuff into deep space so it wouldn't attack them. Also, neither the Zuul nor the Humans seem to have gotten point phasers or interceptors, which is just as well.
My goal right now is get the Dreadnaught COL, with Cracker rounds. From what I gathered, a single shot of that thing will spray out effing eighty mines! (twenty, times four COLs on the Morrigi 'naut) I just want to SEE that thing fire. If all else fails, several 'nauts volley-firing packs of 32 heavy drones won't be a bad sight either. Too bad my strategies fail horribly most of the time. I really like them drones.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 08, 2011, 03:32:43 pm »

Man, the AI is a bitch. I have a NAP with two human empires, one of them begins to pile loads of ships on my colonies so I figure it'd be better to get in this alliance. I give them a bunch of money and protect them whenever necessary but they simply refuse to be in an alliance with me! Anyway, after all this one of them just cancels our NAP and simultaneously attacks most of my colonies.

Now he's almost out of the game, but I don't trust the AI any more...
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 55