Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 58

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 15 - Game over!  (Read 93370 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 15 - Day 1 - We still hate vacations
« Reply #210 on: April 15, 2010, 06:19:14 pm »

I'm still rebooting after a total mental shutdown on Tuesday.  I'm pretty sure Person is scum and Solifuge is town, but telling you precisely why is very hard (if not impossible) right now.  ToonyMan seems like town to me at the moment, though I may change my opinion on that one D2.

I dislike that you've created for yourself an excuse for lurking, apparently through Day 2. Whether the excuse is legitimate or not does not concern me at the moment. Suffice it to say, I'm going to keep my one you.

Or, more relevantly, I had to withdraw from my university thanks to being too goddamned crazy and proceeded to become even more crazy.  I am providing you with a warning because during the event I was too screwed over to factor 78 or pass any of my other basic mental tests (like "can I stop gibbering and rocking?  No?  Okay, apparently not.").  Yesterday, I was incapable of completing a basic train of thought, such as "why I liked or disliked a given movie."  Today I seem to be mostly all right, other than the fact that I'm still getting answers in pictures rather than words at times and my concentration is somewhat poor.

So basically, doodabuddy, you can ask me questions and I'll do my best to answer them.  If you like, I can elucidate my previously-stated opinions.  I will do whatever I can--but for the next little bit I will be side-lining and probably pursuing leads less well than I would prefer, since I effectively had my brain ripped apart and need a touch of time to put it back together again.

If you're going to call me scum for my "excuse," then come get me.  Don't just throw little shots off the bow because you can't find much to say other than "Durrhurr Vector's not explaining her attacks."  I'm ready and waiting.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #211 on: April 15, 2010, 06:21:12 pm »

Jesus, if I just took the bus to crazyville the last thing I'd do is sign up for a mafia game.

Each to his or her own though, I suppose. Since I'm an asshole I don't have to bother with things like sympathy.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #212 on: April 15, 2010, 06:21:54 pm »

I think it would've been funny if you marked those and we lynched him.
Hehehe... first ever non-player lynch in Mafia?

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 15, 2010, 06:24:41 pm »

Man Forsaken, I'd vote you just as a matter of principle, because that was some shit. But for the moment, there are scummier players on my list.

This emerging Groovester/Leafsnail fight is certainly illuminating, but I'm still waiting to see how the Org/Toony argument plays out. At the moment, I'm pretty suspicious of Jim Groovester, for being so defensive, and ToonyMan, for pressing so hard against Org. It just seems shady to act like that this early in the game.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 15, 2010, 06:26:38 pm »

Jesus, if I just took the bus to crazyville the last thing I'd do is sign up for a mafia game.

Each to his or her own though, I suppose. Since I'm an asshole I don't have to bother with things like sympathy.

Dude, I'm on the goddamned 9 AM freight to Crazyville.  Thing is, though, that if I don't get some mental stimulation and social time it's going to speed up faster than you can say "cubic walrus."

I don't ask for sympathy.  I ask that you forgive me for not being hyper-active and superfluously explanatory the way I usually am, and if you catch me doing anything incorrectly... then by golly, come get me.  Don't just stand back behind the sidelines poking at me with sticks, get over here where I can bite your head off.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #215 on: April 15, 2010, 06:30:16 pm »

Man Forsaken, I'd vote you just as a matter of principle, because that was some shit. But for the moment, there are scummier players on my list.
If you put stuff like that on a public forum you'd better be ready for the response. Not everyone will be sympathetic.

Voting for poor manners now?

Dude, I'm on the goddamned 9 AM freight to Crazyville.  Thing is, though, that if I don't get some mental stimulation and social time it's going to speed up faster than you can say "cubic walrus."

I don't ask for sympathy.  I ask that you forgive me for not being hyper-active and superfluously explanatory the way I usually am, and if you catch me doing anything incorrectly... then by golly, come get me.  Don't just stand back behind the sidelines poking at me with sticks, get over here where I can bite your head off.
No problem Vector, I've been there. And I hope you understand that no offense was intended.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 15, 2010, 06:30:59 pm »

For instance, dear sweet JokermanEXE... just how executable are you?

I found this hilarious.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #217 on: April 15, 2010, 06:31:55 pm »

I found this hilarious.
Yes, that would be his silly guy buddy routine in action.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 15, 2010, 06:36:26 pm »

No problem Vector, I've been there. And I hope you understand that no offense was intended.

No, of course.  I mostly play this game to work out anger, anyway, so don't worry about it >_>

No offense taken whatsoever.

This emerging Groovester/Leafsnail fight is certainly illuminating, but I'm still waiting to see how the Org/Toony argument plays out. At the moment, I'm pretty suspicious of Jim Groovester, for being so defensive, and ToonyMan, for pressing so hard against Org. It just seems shady to act like that this early in the game.

Buddying, passiveness, sidelining, defensive play.

Hello there, Jokerman.  Name your favorite 3-P scumteam from the players in this round.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 15, 2010, 06:38:39 pm »

Nice job trying to lynch someone not even in the game bandwagon-happy-people.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 15, 2010, 06:45:35 pm »

No dude, I'm not buddying or voting you for being rude or anything like that. The post was just way farther out there than I was expecting at all, mostly because I'm dealing with some serious stuff on my end too, and if you had said something like that to me I would be pretty pissed. I still respect the game enough to keep it separate from the conversation.

At the moment, I'm suspicious of Toony and Jim, like I said. I'm having trouble choosing a third, honestly, but I do feel like Solifuge is hiding something. I don't know his meta, but it seems a little weird, and others have commented on it that I assume know his meta more than I.
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #221 on: April 15, 2010, 06:49:04 pm »

Two people does not a bandwagon make.

And if he were in the game and behaved like that, he'd deserve a lynch. I just didn't think to check the first page as usually people are courteous enough not to disrupt a game in progress. Thanks so much Eduren.

No dude, I'm not buddying or voting you for being rude or anything like that. The post was just way farther out there than I was expecting at all, mostly because I'm dealing with some serious stuff on my end too, and if you had said something like that to me I would be pretty pissed. I still respect the game enough to keep it separate from the conversation.

At the moment, I'm suspicious of Toony and Jim, like I said. I'm having trouble choosing a third, honestly, but I do feel like Solifuge is hiding something. I don't know his meta, but it seems a little weird, and others have commented on it that I assume know his meta more than I.
You'd be pissed at me if I said... what? That you'd taken the bus to crazytown? That I didn't have much sympathy? Which part would piss you off in this theoretical exchange? And if buddying or voting wasn't your purpose, what was the point? Were you defending Vector's virtue?  ::)

She's a big girl, she can handle teh internetz.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 15, 2010, 06:50:09 pm »

The Whiteboard
forsaken1111: JanusTwoface, Solifuge
Leafsnail: Jim Groovester
Mr.Person: Vector
Org: forsaken1111, Pandarsenic, ToonyMan
Pandarsenic: Kashyyk
RedWarrior0: webadict
Solifuge: Leafsnail
ToonyMan: Jokerman-EXE, Org
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 15, 2010, 06:50:45 pm »

I found this hilarious.
Yes, that would be his silly guy buddy routine in action.

I prefer "Flippant Irreverence For The Conventions Of Mafia Gameplay" but whatever floats your boat. To answer the related queary:

I am going to vote Kashyyk  as well. I've got an ox-cart loaded with Dixieland musicians, and nowhere to steer it.
Saaaame again.  What reaction would you be looking for after this vote?

ProTip: The reaction I'm looking for is not Kashyyk's. >.o
Whose is it then?

I invariably feel bad that Org gets the lynchmobile pointed toward him at the start of just about every game. Reminds me of the one kid who always gets picked last for the kickball team, and then never gets a chance at the plate.

He's a Doctor, Jim, not a Doppleganger!

Anywho, did you see what I did there Kashyyk, or did Sweet Lemon Brown and the Louisiana Kings distract you with the melodious tunes comming from their station wagon? Or were you perhaps too dazzled by my amazing deductive ability? Scum on day 1... how DO I do it?
This looks like unbelievably clumsy chainsaw defence to me.  My question is: Why are you doing it?

I don't know what a chainsaw defense is, but I am doing it because it makes players take action of their own volition. It provokes responses both typical and atypical of players, causes some to make passive side comments about it while otherwise not participating, makes others sit back and ignore it, and makes some lash out. It's like a little red cape being fluttered at a Bull, but the Matador in question also has a pair of heart-print boxers on his head, and he's doing the Electric Boogaloo.

P.S. I am that Matador.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 15, 2010, 06:51:38 pm »

Man I hate losing connection every two minutes or so, don't get DSL folks.

Are you suspicious of me and Jim only because we have posted a lot or other reason?
Any reason two of your suspicions are mine as well?

Two people does not a bandwagon make.

And if he were in the game and behaved like that, he'd deserve a lynch. I just didn't think to check the first page as usually people are courteous enough not to disrupt a game in progress. Thanks so much Eduren.

You'd be pissed at me if I said... what? That you'd taken the bus to crazytown? That I didn't have much sympathy? Which part would piss you off in this theoretical exchange? And if buddying or voting wasn't your purpose, what was the point? Were you defending Vector's virtue?  ::)

She's a big girl, she can handle teh internetz.

I think of band wagons as quick votes, not quantity.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 58