Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 58

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 15 - Game over!  (Read 93400 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 15 - Day 1 - We still hate vacations
« Reply #270 on: April 16, 2010, 11:37:38 am »

Also, Extension.

I don't think an extension is terribly necessary, but I defer to the majority.

I want my question answered :I
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 16, 2010, 11:39:09 am »

You guys are voting forsaken? I'd rather lynch RedWarrior0 or Leafsnail

I'd like to hear what Forsaken has to say. Do you have reason to suspect Red/Leaf more than Forsaken?

Also Webadict's finally mellowing out! Yaaaaay!

Also, Extension.

... Well, since when does Leaf post pointless graphs?

And RedWarrior0 is just lurking.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 16, 2010, 11:42:23 am »

I agree with both of those.

Also, Extension until Mr.Person answers that avatar question, I want to know as well!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 16, 2010, 11:45:48 am »

Also, Extension until Mr.Person answers that avatar question, I want to know as well!
What avatar question?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #274 on: April 16, 2010, 11:46:30 am »

Forsaken, since you're due to be lynched by the current votecount, do you have anything to say on your behalf?

Not really. So far I've been listed as scum for making an offhand comment to Jim and answering a question about my suspicions. These are things which most of you have done as well.

For what it's worth, I will throw in for an extension as well. Hopefully you guys will realize the error here.

Soli is voting me because I disparaged his friendly guy routine. Org is revenge voting. Janus I'm not sure about, he made up a reason and went with it. Suppose someone has to die day 1.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 16, 2010, 11:47:00 am »

What avatar question?

His thoughts on the movie.

Where his newest avatar comes from.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 16, 2010, 11:52:52 am »

What avatar question?

First question of the game, doodabuddy.  He didn't answer my RV question, and it's pissing me off.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 16, 2010, 11:56:12 am »

Forsaken, since you're due to be lynched by the current votecount, do you have anything to say on your behalf?

Not really. So far I've been listed as scum for making an offhand comment to Jim and answering a question about my suspicions. These are things which most of you have done as well.

For what it's worth, I will throw in for an extension as well. Hopefully you guys will realize the error here.

Soli is voting me because I disparaged his friendly guy routine. Org is revenge voting. Janus I'm not sure about, he made up a reason and went with it. Suppose someone has to die day 1.

What is the error? I've stated why I thought you were suspicious, and it had nothing to do with "disparaging my friendly guy routine". As have others.

Instead of telling everyone else why the people voting for you are all scum, why not explain to the people voting for you why we are mistaken?

What avatar question?

First question of the game, doodabuddy.  He didn't answer my RV question, and it's pissing me off.

THIS- IS- SERIOUS BUSINESS! *boot*

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #278 on: April 16, 2010, 12:00:25 pm »

It's interesting.  In the past few games I've played with you, you've been lynched for being too agressive and for being too passive.  You're in passive mode again.  If you're town, let this be a lesson for you.  When you're scum, well, let it be a lesson for you anyways.

How about this, from the earlier tie, who of these do you think is scummiest: Org, Solifuge, and Toonyman.  And why?

Better to be pissed off than pissed on...
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 16, 2010, 12:14:10 pm »

What avatar question?

She's a character named Tree Trunks from a new show on Cartoon Network called Adventure Time.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 16, 2010, 12:21:36 pm »

What avatar question?

She's a character named Tree Trunks from a new show on Cartoon Network called Adventure Time.
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 16, 2010, 12:22:04 pm »

Firstly - I'm not sure why everyone's attacking me for posting a "time since last posted" post.  If you think about how RedWarrior0 was able to go for literally DAYS without posting and noone even noticed, I think this is useful.  Notice it's seperate from the scumhunting I've done - it's in addition, not instead of, normal play.  If you feel like criticising my normal play, fine.  Shoot.  But don't just lazily vote me because I'm trying to follow through the Lynch All Lurkers plan.

Quote from: Jim Groovester
Is it too much to say you suspect me, instead of weaseling out and saying I "require further examination" or that I look "strange"? I would think you were town if you did. But you didn't so I think you're scum.
Yeah, I can find the scum immediately and with COMPLETE certainty.  Fuck off.  If you go FULL BLAST RAEG all the time whenever you have the slightest suspicion, noone treats your serious suspicions with any thought.  Just ask Webadict.

Did you really need to count how many hours ago people posted? Is there any meaning about how long ago people posted? No, not at all. You may as well count the number of posts between their last and the current post, and use that as a rubric of participation instead. It will still be meaningless.
The thing about lurkers is that THEY DON'T GET NOTICED.  If they don't post, they don't get any attention (think RedWarrior, and Alexhans did this once to an absolutely ridiculous degree).

Did you do it just to be able to make fluff posts where you don't ruffle any feathers by suspecting anyone?
It's IN ADDITION TO, not instead of, scumhunting.  I will make game related posts and also make sure that noone's slipping under the radar at the same time.

Forsaken - you've been posting a lot but almost all of them say nothing at all.  In fact, after a string of irrelevant posts all you can find to back up your vote is
Quote from: forsaken
Fine, back to Org.
Why are you voting Org and what do you think about the game?

Man Forsaken, I'd vote you just as a matter of principle, because that was some shit. But for the moment, there are scummier players on my list.

This emerging Groovester/Leafsnail fight is certainly illuminating, but I'm still waiting to see how the Org/Toony argument plays out. At the moment, I'm pretty suspicious of Jim Groovester, for being so defensive, and ToonyMan, for pressing so hard against Org. It just seems shady to act like that this early in the game.
This is pretty noncommital.  And, what's more, you don't explain why you'd vote forsaken on principle, or why your other suspicions are worse that forsaken.  Similarly, why is "pressing so hard against Org" scummier than forsaken?

This looks like unbelievably clumsy chainsaw defence to me.  My question is: Why are you doing it?

I don't know what a chainsaw defense is, but I am doing it because it makes players take action of their own volition. It provokes responses both typical and atypical of players, causes some to make passive side comments about it while otherwise not participating, makes others sit back and ignore it, and makes some lash out. It's like a little red cape being fluttered at a Bull, but the Matador in question also has a pair of heart-print boxers on his head, and he's doing the Electric Boogaloo.

P.S. I am that Matador.
A chainsaw defence is indirectly defending someone by launching an offensive against your attackers.  This answer is... kindof odd, but I guess it makes sense.

Org
Solifuge
Leafsnail
Forsaken
Again, it's rather early to be pulling together scumteams, ToonyMan.  At least give some reasoning.

Solifuge and Jim Groovester (who should be Groovestar because that would be cooler) are scummy.

Org is a liability so I'm policyvoting him until he stops being useless.
I find neither of those first two suspicious, and therefore declare you scummy.

Is this a joke?

Congratulations, Leafsnail. You get a double FoS from me. One for compiling a list and including a player not in the game (Eduren) and another for compiling a list and not including a player actually in the game (me).
...Really?  I just went back and looked at each player in turn, then marked their time on.  When I got to 14 players, I stopped, since I didn't consider some idiot might be POSTING WHEN NOT IN GAME

Quote from: Janus
- Leafsnail is posting data only to post, there are better data sets to collect
I made a content post DIRECTLY before, but you decide to ignore that, eh?

Jokerman, you're intentionally posting less often so that your posts will be more thought out and harder to read. What is your response ?

My response to what? I'm not into the game yet because I'm not focusing on playing, I'm focusing on my life right now. I haven't pressed or attacked anyone because that requires commitment and follow-through, which I don't think I can offer right now.

And if you're talking about posts few and far between, there are far better candidates for your suspicions. RedWarrior and Org, and in some cases Leafsnail (because I don't really count his table as a post). Why are you only asking me about it? Do you think I'm scum, or not? Also, I might have missed it, but what's your list of suspicions? If you already posted one, just quote/link it pl0x.
Massive deflection much?  Also seems like a fairly large overreaction, as well as a tint of OMGUS at the end.

You guys are voting forsaken? I'd rather lynch RedWarrior0 or Leafsnail

I'd like to hear what Forsaken has to say. Do you have reason to suspect Red/Leaf more than Forsaken?

Also Webadict's finally mellowing out! Yaaaaay!

Also, Extension.

... Well, since when does Leaf post pointless graphs?
Since RedWarrior0 showed me how easy it is to completely avoid suspicion through not posting.  It's part of the Lynch All Lurkers experiment thing.

Reads -
Jim is being dumb, but I've played with scum Jim and town Jim fairly recently, and this definately looks like town Jim.  Scum Jim is passive to a ridiculous degree (think Para 14).
Solifuge is being weird, but he acts weird pretty much every game.  I'm not sure if he's even been scum before, though, so meta will be hard to use.  He does appear to be making an effort to scumhunt, though, so I'm leaning town.
Webadict is acting VERY differently from usual.  His accusations are weak, his reasons poor.  I do prefer him like this, but it's very scummy.
Forsaken has been posting losts of useless fluff and ignoring most of the game.  But, unvote -
Jokerman is scum.  His last post is very bad, and he's given few to no reasons why he finds Jim or Mr.Person more suspicious than forsaken (who he apparently wanted to vote).  Random deflections andd overreactions makes him look even worse.

Post over, Lurker check post coming up.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 16, 2010, 12:30:59 pm »

Number of hours since last post (to the nearest hour):
Leafsnail - 0
webadict - 0
Mr.Person - 0
JanusTwoFace - 0
Solifuge - 0
Vector - 1
ToonyMan - 1
forsaken1111 - 1
Jokerman-EXE - 2
Pandarsenic - 2
Org - 4
RedWarrior0 - 6
Jim Groovester  - 6
Kashyyk - 31
Eduren - infinity

UnvoteKashyyk, come the hell down here and play.  You were on earlier today.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 16, 2010, 12:35:54 pm »

What avatar question?

I KNEW IT!

Congratu-fucking-lations, do you want a pie?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 16, 2010, 12:39:56 pm »

@Leafsnail:
I was mentally listing my thoughts for myself, I could give reasons.

Here's a full(kinda) review why not.  My list changes constantly so yeah I'll post my current thoughts anyway.

Most Scum\
Jokerman - Highly defensive and passive.  Maybe just lazy, hah!
Forsaken - His responses to my attacks are completely stupid.  Plus itchy trigger fingers.
Kashyyk - I just checked the front page and I realized Kashyyk is in this game, I didn't even know.  That's bad.
RedWarrior - Look at Kashyyk.

Middle Ground\
Org - For now at least.
JanusTwoFace - I've been scum with him and he's acting similar to that.
Vector - Being nonsensical, null really though.
Solifuge - Similar to Vector, but more in substance.
Everybody else - I can't really think of anything noteworthy right now.

Lower Ground\
Jim Groovstar - Acting like himself I believe.  At least when he and I were debating if you could say that.
Cheeetar - HE'S ALWAYS TOWN TO ME.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 58