Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 58

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 15 - Game over!  (Read 93355 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 15 - Day 2 - What's a vacation without a luau?
« Reply #540 on: April 22, 2010, 07:55:20 pm »

It's your wishy washy wording (hoping that he's "just active lurking") that's suspcious to me:

I am going to unvote and vote RedWarrior0 at this point. I just hope that he is scum active lurking, as he seems to be, rather than a townie who is just too busy to play.

You added some to your suspicious after that, but not terribly much.
You find the fact that I hope he's scum lurking and not town unable to get to a computer suspicious? Really? You're suspicious because I don't want to lynch a townie by mistake?!

And forsaken, the email does just say 'Indeed'.  Any idea why that would be?
I don't know why the email doesn't match up with the post, no. Then again I've been having trouble with the forums for days when posting or just browsing, so I'm not entirely sure they're working 100% yet. The recent move was good but I still get a few glitches.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #541 on: April 22, 2010, 08:07:16 pm »

Not seeking to excuse it, but I'll apologize for lurking. I've been a magnet for misfortune lately. Got a lot heaped on my plate as a result of it.

Ouch.  Okay, fair enough.  Best of luck with that.

And I happen to agree with you about the incessant early game extensions (or shortenings for that matter).  Everyone knows when they day is scheduled to end, so get in what you need by then.

You find the fact that I hope he's scum lurking and not town unable to get to a computer suspicious? Really? You're suspicious because I don't want to lynch a townie by mistake?!

Honestly, yes.  He was being suspicious and lurking after being repetedly warned not too.  Your wording looks like you are attacking only to appear to be scum hunting and using wording that will shield if/when things go wrong.  More of a scum tell than town, that.

I don't know why the email doesn't match up with the post, no. Then again I've been having trouble with the forums for days when posting or just browsing, so I'm not entirely sure they're working 100% yet. The recent move was good but I still get a few glitches.

Okay.  It's not like it was a big change.  Just unusual.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #542 on: April 22, 2010, 08:16:18 pm »

You're reading to much into it. My wording was intended to convey that I was behind the lynch, I was just hoping we were correct.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 22, 2010, 08:27:42 pm »

I can't believe Vector got herself trapped by the Org theory of scummitude. Between that, her other interactions with Org (WHO IS OMG SCUMHUNTING FINALLY! ORG WINS A PRIZE), her vote for me on the most arbitrary of grounds "Hurr hurr he looks exterminate-y" YOU DIDN'T EVEN SAY HOW THAT IS YOU JUST SAID I LOOK LIKE AN EXTY, and her being in the "High risk bracket" I brought up for people likely to be bus-facing or wagon-facing RedWarrior0 once he reached what seemed to be the point of no return, I feel no compunction in voting for her.

No, I'm saying that there's clearly an exterminator (I checked the tech slots and so on).  Thinking about it, this strategy looks like it would be performed by:

Pandarsenic
Leafsnail
Vector
JimGroovester
Solifuge

in that order.  Vector is town, so she gets crossed off the list.  Then, JimGroovester and Solifuge would probably play the game a bit closer to the chest, so I put them near the bottom.  I doubt they'd take this kind of audacious gamble, though they'd know enough meta to think "Webadict N1 PlasmaBomb" was a good idea.

That leaves you and Leafsnail as the most likely to use this gambit, but you're at the very top because ... well, once again, it reeks of you.  I've played enough games with you to know your style, and this just looks like you.  It's your playstyle, it's your sort of idea.  It's ballsy and based on a small piece of information that not all that many people know about and few would bet on.

But I know you.  You're a gambler, and this looks like your sort of play--or, as I said, possibly Leafsnail's.

Dame Vektor, was du fresst?!

I'm currently devouring a samosa and a glass of milk, actually.  55 cents at the Indian Cash-and-Carry :D

Protip: I don't speak German.  Yet.

It's your wishy washy wording (hoping that he's "just active lurking") that's suspcious to me:

I am going to unvote and vote RedWarrior0 at this point. I just hope that he is scum active lurking, as he seems to be, rather than a townie who is just too busy to play.

You added some to your suspicious after that, but not terribly much.

And forsaken, the email does just say 'Indeed'.  Any idea why that would be?

You're a dopp.  You're freaking out entirely too much over what honestly seems to be a minor post edit, and a little handful of votes.

So, until I manage to get the rest of that case on Pandarsenic: Forsaken1111.  Further quotation-logging on you is also forthcoming.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #544 on: April 22, 2010, 08:28:23 pm »

Where exactly did I 'freak out' about it?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 22, 2010, 08:30:58 pm »

Where exactly did I 'freak out' about it?

The part where you tried really, really hard not to own up to it--and have now slipped and effectively stated that you did edit your post.

Your responses to Org and Janus indicate that you are lying and, since I advocate lynching all liars, I'm voting you.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 22, 2010, 08:31:17 pm »

Lol vek you are so hilarious.
You completely ignore me.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #547 on: April 22, 2010, 08:32:56 pm »

The part where you tried really, really hard not to own up to it--and have now slipped and effectively stated that you did edit your post.
When did this happen? I think you are misinterpreting something. I never edited anything, and if I had such an edit would show an edit tag. Frankly I think you're all making far too much out of a glitch.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 22, 2010, 08:35:41 pm »

No, I'm not ignoring you.  Note all those other posts.  I'm waiting for you to say something other than "Lol, Vector is an Exterminator" with what appears to be no backing whatsoever.

When did this happen? I think you are misinterpreting something. I never edited anything, and if I had such an edit would show an edit tag. Frankly I think you're all making far too much out of a glitch.

I'm talking about that short edit period where the edit tag doesn't show up.  I feel like you're lying out of your ears right now, to be honest.

I also note that your "I don't care about you as a human being" tends to show up when you're playing scum, and it popped up this game.  Most curious.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 22, 2010, 08:36:53 pm »

No, I'm not ignoring you.  Note all those other posts.  I'm waiting for you to say something other than "Lol, Vector is an Exterminator" with what appears to be no backing whatsoever.

I'm talking about that short edit period where the edit tag doesn't show up.  I feel like you're lying out of your ears right now, to be honest.

I also note that your "I don't care about you as a human being" tends to show up when you're playing scum, and it popped up this game.  Most curious.
You seem off.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 22, 2010, 08:38:04 pm »

That's a start.  Please explain how I seem off.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 22, 2010, 08:38:30 pm »

Defense was all meh.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #552 on: April 22, 2010, 08:40:10 pm »

I was asking when this slip-up occurred that you seem so sure of. I never admitted any such thing, and would not because its incorrect.

As for my 'I don't care about you as a human being" attitude, that's just me being an asshole as usual. I'm not sure which game you're talking about where this popped up, but I'd love a few supporting quotes if this is your reason for voting me, however meta it is.

So please clarify, are you voting me because you believe I edited a post to add in an inconsequential line or because I acted like a jerk in a different game?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 22, 2010, 08:45:30 pm »

Defense was all meh.

MAYBE IF YOUR ATTACKS WEREN'T SO GODDAMNED MEH, MY DEFENSE COULD BE LESS MEH YOU LITTLE TOAD!

I was asking when this slip-up occurred that you seem so sure of. I never admitted any such thing, and would not because its incorrect.

As for my 'I don't care about you as a human being" attitude, that's just me being an asshole as usual. I'm not sure which game you're talking about where this popped up, but I'd love a few supporting quotes if this is your reason for voting me, however meta it is.

So please clarify, are you voting me because you believe I edited a post to add in an inconsequential line or because I acted like a jerk in a different game?

I'm voting you because you edited a post to add in an inconsequential line (or so it seems, given various "evidence"), and I feel like the vote is supported by

HMPH.
Oh and Sorry Vector, nothing personal. I had to keep the bluster up.  ;D

Your behavior from this game.  Remember this?  I certainly do.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #554 on: April 22, 2010, 08:50:47 pm »

So you're voting because you think I added something inconsequential to a post, and because I acted like a jerk in this game. And this makes me scum how?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 58