Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mud and clay as building material?  (Read 4929 times)

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
Re: Mud and clay as building material?
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 05:43:00 am »

Hi!

I am with Stromko that I can't really wait for the next release (^_^;;

Pottery would be nice for mugs, but also small alternatives to barrels (content limits(?) ). Whether these things are available for creation by dwarves or whether they are only trade goods is a matter of taste, I guess. After all, you can ask the human traders to bring you bone crafts (why would you ever ask for that?????), so making it possible to ask for pottery mugs would make sense.

As for bricks, I agree that they should be  more something for non-dwarves. Or, if they were available, they should create unhappy thoughts for the dwarves. So, you could have your unhappy dwarven colony in the nile valley living in mud huts and sighing with homesickness for the great splendor of the dwarven mountains. In general, I think mud bricks should be something that dwarves only use if they have no other options, otherwise they should get quite displeased.

Deathworks

mickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2007, 06:09:00 pm »

Unhappy thoughts from living in mud buildings is okay with me. We all know dwarves have a very special relationship to stone...   ;)

Since I'm obsessed with fortifications I was also thinking of using mud to protect your walls against artillery, too.

I>What happens in Nefekvucar stays in Nefekvucar.

Tracker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2007, 08:18:00 pm »

I think it'd be neat if you could make bins, barrels, and blocks from clay dug up by a river.
here''s men underground/who have never seen the sun/but they really know how to party/they raise their wooden pints/and they yoik and sing/and they fight and they dance ''till morning

Shankist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2007, 04:12:00 pm »

Oh hell yes.  You'll be able to fill clay pots with magma or boiling water or vomit and drop them on beseigers.

mickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2007, 09:16:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Shankist:
<STRONG>Oh hell yes.  You'll be able to fill clay pots with magma or boiling water or vomit and drop them on beseigers.</STRONG>

And fire them from catapults!

omalley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2007, 10:59:00 am »

From the dev:

quote:
Bloat77, CLAY, (Future): Can use the kiln, have glazes, etc.

No word on what scope it will be (and I imagine it will be a while before it gets implemented).

mickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2007, 06:18:00 pm »

So it's on it's way? Interesting. I'm looking forward to burning clay blocks with my first human civ.
Pages: 1 [2]