Poll

Sticky this thread?

Yes
- 304 (93.3%)
No
- 22 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 326

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29

Author Topic: --GUIDE-- Shaostoul's Guide  (Read 84160 times)

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: --GUIDE-- Shaostoul's Modding Guide --Now has a wiki--
« Reply #345 on: June 17, 2010, 06:26:24 pm »

Hmmm I wonder if bone is a valid reaction class...
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 17, 2010, 06:27:57 pm »

Probably not, but if you go add REACTION_CLASS:BONE to all of the bone definitions it might probably work.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #347 on: June 17, 2010, 06:30:58 pm »

Hmmmm, I'll have to think on it a bit. I should definitely keep a log of all the reactions I try.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #348 on: June 17, 2010, 10:47:08 pm »

FYI added the cheat reactions I use to the products list. A few you'll of seen before, some you haven't.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: --GUIDE-- Shaostoul's Modding Guide --new project--
« Reply #349 on: June 18, 2010, 12:35:27 am »

I just spent about an hour maybe on making this and I'm pretty freaking sure there is bugs, but here it is anyways...

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2534

My attempt at a "bare-minimum" mod. I've cut out near everything I could think about cutting out and this is the result. I screwed up weapons some how, just go to prepare for a journey and look at the weapons and digging instruments... Dwarfs and Turtles are the only living things. There is an aboveground and underground plant. A single tree. A stone and miner. HFS stone/metal. "Slade". etc.

Give it a look and see what should be changed or what else could be removed.

afoninv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 18, 2010, 08:57:28 am »

I think SOIL_SAND token for generic soil is required, or else a whole bunch of labors and industries is unavailable.

- A lot of pants, shoes, helms, many foreign.. was it necessary? I think one can delete them (turban for total conversion? why?).

- Many trap components can be removed (I think corkscrew is still necessary because it is used in pumps; spikes are also needed for upright spike traps, since there are no spears in this mod).

- [DIGGER:ITEM_WEAPON_GENERIC_HAMMER]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_GENERIC_PICK]
Why?

- [STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:river generic aboveground plant drink]
River?..

- [ITEM_AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_GENERIC] in item_ammo, and [AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BOLTS] in entity file - errorlog!

- GENERIC_TURTLE:Unrecognized Creature Caste Body Token: QUADRUPED_JOINTS

- On a map I found soil(?) layer named 'Rock' (tile same as yellow sand). In Fortress mode viewing it with 'k' produces weird results (name quickly flickering between 4 available layer mineral types).
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 10:01:17 am by afoninv »
-
V.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #351 on: June 18, 2010, 02:25:18 pm »

@afoninv...

I had very little idea what I was doing really. I was just rushing through it as quick as possible to get it done. So yeah...

Ahhhh that's what happened with the weapons...

about the river thing, I took it from strawberries... river spirits is the drink from that. iirc wait no... rope reed... meh we/...

Yeah, I don't know about the quadruped joints, I just copied and pasted Deon's turtle.

I'll probably give it a try to work those out a little later today, thanks.

afoninv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 18, 2010, 03:54:51 pm »

Hm, regarding this:
- On a map I found soil(?) layer named 'Rock' (tile same as yellow sand). In Fortress mode viewing it with 'k' produces weird results (name quickly flickering between 4 available layer mineral types).
I suspect that the game needs at least one soil-sand type layer to generate desert squares during worldgen.

Late edit: I failed to be polite enough to thank you for your bare-minimum mode =(
I am using it now, and I find it extremely useful for custom buildings and reactions tests.
Thank you!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 06:00:23 am by afoninv »
-
V.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #353 on: June 24, 2010, 02:55:25 pm »

Bump, see a few posts that wouldn't of needed to be posted if they saw this.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: --GUIDE-- Shaostoul's Modding Guide --break-ish--
« Reply #354 on: June 28, 2010, 06:42:52 pm »

Been having a lot of stuff go on lately. Been making a lot of mistakes that I shouldn't be making.

So I'm going to try and just relax, but the real relaxing will be a few weeks from now.

I'll try and update the guide some before then, but yeah...

Anywho, sorry for all the mistakes I've been making.

Also... Question...

I've been thinking since I have quite a bit of the information on my wiki version of the guide, would you all be fine with it is I removed the entries on here the forum version...?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 07:00:25 pm by Shaostoul »

afoninv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 28, 2010, 07:04:14 pm »

Oh, come on =) A lot of people endorse your great work; many newbie modders have a quick start; and I suspect forum would be much more cluttered if not for your guide. You have earned a little refreshing break! Be cool =)
-
V.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #356 on: June 28, 2010, 07:07:34 pm »

Well, I would prefer not having the need for a break... Mostly cause I love being on these forums and messing around with DF. It's a lot of fun.

It's personal life bit that's getting me.

However, just in case anyone is curious.

The break is going to consist of me upgrading my 1975 Chevy Nova Custom. I'll be putting a blown 350 in there, getting the tranny beefed up and hopefully finding a rear end for a decent price with LSD.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: --GUIDE-- Shaostoul's Modding Guide --redesigning--
« Reply #357 on: June 28, 2010, 11:53:03 pm »

Alright guys, I've put one possible way I could do the posts... I go to in depth discussion as it what each thing means by using an example. This will be the most time consuming and probably least efficient of all the methods.

The other one is where I could list all possible pieces for a given portion of the entry and then describe it slightly.

The other one is the same as the above, but with no description.

There's a couple other ways I could think of doing it, but that's what I got for now...

You think a quick and easy method where it shows all possible entries would be easiest or do you want in depth descriptions of everything?

-edit-

I'm going to decide on a method if no one replies before I head to bed. O.o
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 12:29:10 am by Shaostoul »

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 29, 2010, 01:49:01 pm »

I'm not sure which method it falls under, but the step by step description you gave of the reaction modding was very useful and easy to understand for me. If you could do other posts like that, it would be a big help. Thanks for helping those of us new to modding Shaostoul!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #359 on: June 29, 2010, 02:55:31 pm »

no problemo, certainly in a way better mood today. I am hoping that I get a certain letter tomorrow, then things for me will be on their way to being very interesting.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29