Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 391909 times)

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.0.2 - tools and memory access library
« Reply #480 on: October 21, 2010, 04:17:25 pm »

Thanks Peterix, I'll use that and see if I can get it working later today.  :)
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 22, 2010, 02:52:47 pm »

Reinstalled mingw and cmake, had to add c:\mingw\bin\ to the path variable to get rid of the dll bug.  Thanks for cluing me in on that, had no idea what that was.

Looks like I'm not done though because g++.exe apparently isn't installed with mingw and it's needed for the build. I get the following output:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gonna see if I can find out how I go about getting the g++.exe for MinGW...
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 22, 2010, 03:28:19 pm »

*sigh*  So apparently MinGW doesn't work very well with Vista, with Cmake or any other similar program, in any version.  Tried some of the patches and workarounds that people have come up with but still no luck.

Dare I hope it works ok on Windows 7 or do I just need to install linux?  I'm having a new PC built for me (i7 980 hex core, yay!) and it should be done either today or early next week. 

REALLY looking forward to getting away from Vista anyway.  This PC and I started hating each other several months ago.  Fooled around with the beta for Windows 7 and it was a huge improvement.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #483 on: October 22, 2010, 06:31:24 pm »

Makbeth: I see no reason why should it fail that way, even with Vista. You just need to set the PATH for mingw32 right. Cmake can't find it.

Everyone:
I have some patches and code people contributed. This should be reviewed/merged over the weekend. Why not right now you may ask? Because I just did math for three days straight and now I'm going to play Fallout for a bit to clear my head :P

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 24, 2010, 06:24:50 am »

Is there any way to fix pathing errors caused by excessive use of DFliquids?
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #485 on: October 24, 2010, 09:01:28 am »

Cover the bad parts with 1/7 of magma, wait for evaporation.

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 24, 2010, 12:27:42 pm »

^ That's how you know peterix really is a dwarf.

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
« Reply #487 on: October 24, 2010, 01:46:49 pm »

I asked the question in chat before, but I figured it might be worth it to ask at large.

I am running a save of the many-z-levels game located at http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=43793.msg830218#msg830218  It's got several mods plugged in.  The save is on a 40d version.

Now, I wish to use df_magmacreate to create some magma, using DFhack 0.2.1.  Unfortunately, when I start the program, I get "Failure 2" and the program exits.

Has anybody else ever run into this?  Is there a way to make it work somehow?

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 24, 2010, 02:17:15 pm »

Sorry to keep asking for help here but I really don't know what to do.  I just restarted with a fresh dfhack directory (plus modified dfliquids), fresh cmake, and fresh MinGW.  Some errors are gone now, others remain.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So now it seems to say that it's missing these files:

C:/Program Files/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/Platform/Windows-g++.cmake
C:/Program Files/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/Platform/Windows-gcc.cmake
C:/Program Files/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeCXXInformation.cmake

The only one of those that's actually missing though is Windows-gcc.cmake.

Where can I find where to set CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER?  Is it in Cmakelists or do I need to do it through the CMake gui?

I'd add the windows-gcc.cmake file to the cmake directory, but everything you've said here and in the documentation suggests that I shouldn't have to.  I really wish I knew why this is not working out of the box when everything I read seems to say it should.  I added the recommended path variables and got errors.  I add more path variables and those errors go away.  I've now got path variables to every directory that's been referenced so far, and that well seems to have run dry.

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 24, 2010, 02:37:33 pm »

It keeps looking for Windows-gcc.cmake.  There is none, but there is a Windows-GNU-C.cmake.  Would that work?  If so how do I get Cmake to use that instead?

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 24, 2010, 03:00:32 pm »

Cover the bad parts with 1/7 of magma, wait for evaporation.

Thanks for the help, I'll do that next time instead of save scumming ;_;
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #491 on: October 25, 2010, 02:39:12 am »

^ That's how you know peterix really is a dwarf.
Actually, I play as a dwarf in every RPG where it's possible and I have beard ... and this forum lacks dwarf smiley faces with beer and axes and stuff :P

Makbeth:
Seriously, IDK. The output seems to indicate that you have only the C portion of the compiler and the C++ portion is missing.
Can you check some things?
run cmd.exe and put this in:
Code: [Select]
echo [%PATH%]Post the result.

Then look into MinGW's bin folder and check if g++.exe is there. If it's not, go and install it.

Shurikane:
Right. Ancient code. I'll go check what it means... DFHack changed quite a bit since then and nobody backported bugfixes. Now I know. It means there's no cursor. Hit 'k' and point at an empty tile before running the tool. I know it's not very friendly, but it's really, really old code.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 03:38:55 am by peterix »

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 25, 2010, 02:32:31 pm »

[C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Windows\system32
;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\hp\bin\Python;C:\Program Files\QuickTime
\QTSystem\;c:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\;C:\Program Fi
les\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\;C:\MinGW\;C:\MinGW\bin\;C:\MinGW\bin;C:\MinGW\
libexec\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5;C:\MinGW\libexec\gcc\mingw32\4.5.0;C:\Program Files\CM
ake 2.8\bin;C:\Program Files\CMake 2.8\share\cmake-2.8\Modules\;C:\Program Files
\CMake 2.8\share\cmake-2.8\Modules\Platform\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Micro
soft Shared\Windows Live;c:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\
]

As for g++.exe, it's not installed by the automated MinGW installer.  I found one in a user-made patch for MinGW 3.4.5, not sure if it works with the current version.  Not sure where else to get it.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #493 on: October 25, 2010, 02:42:14 pm »

[C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Windows\system32
;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\hp\bin\Python;C:\Program Files\QuickTime
\QTSystem\;c:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\;C:\Program Fi
les\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\;C:\MinGW\;C:\MinGW\bin\;C:\MinGW\bin;C:\MinGW\
libexec\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5;C:\MinGW\libexec\gcc\mingw32\4.5.0;C:\Program Files\CM
ake 2.8\bin;C:\Program Files\CMake 2.8\share\cmake-2.8\Modules\;C:\Program Files
\CMake 2.8\share\cmake-2.8\Modules\Platform\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Micro
soft Shared\Windows Live;c:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\
]

As for g++.exe, it's not installed by the automated MinGW installer.  I found one in a user-made patch for MinGW 3.4.5, not sure if it works with the current version.  Not sure where else to get it.
Run the installer, it should be in the start menu. At least it did that back when I used MinGW.

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 25, 2010, 02:52:24 pm »

No such luck, just the uninstaller for the MinGW-get tool, which also doesn't seem to be the installer, or at least doesn't do anything.

Anybody who uses MinGW know where to get a current g++.exe?

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 108