Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 391920 times)

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.10
« Reply #1125 on: March 31, 2011, 09:29:27 pm »

Don't laugh, its a work in progress and I have just got it to work, but it seems effective. I got gotos and shit lol. Also, the binary scan isn't randomly selected. It was carefully crafted by analyzing the usage of said pointers in the disassembled version and I am pretty confident they should always work. The vector scans kind of depend on certain things being the first in line, so modified raw will screw with it but I will address that later once I get an actual release out again.

I'll dump the whole source of my project when I am done. I figured out how to do everything I want to do now, so it shouldn't take too long.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1126 on: March 31, 2011, 09:44:17 pm »

Don't laugh, its a work in progress and I have just got it to work, but it seems effective. I got gotos and shit lol.
I'll dump the whole source of my project when I am done. I figured out how to do everything I want to do now, so it shouldn't take too long.
Cool stuff, it gets the job done :) I'll try to integrate the parts I didn't have into the dfhack search tool.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: March 31, 2011, 10:18:26 pm »

You can also add a read class name to the vector scan and just viewing the output is informative when seeing which vectors are available. Or you can just use the latest version of my personal utility at http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4100 which will just spit it out for you.

I still think other materials should be hardcoded(or at least used as a fallback when there are less than 20 entries), not only has it never changed afaik I don't think it can change. If it was more than 20 entries, I believe toady would have to recode almost every part of DF that used a material :P You know as well as I do that the material logic is kind of wonky.

"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
Re: DFHack 0.5.11
« Reply #1128 on: March 31, 2011, 11:38:06 pm »

0.5.11 is up.
Apart form the trivial 31.25 support update, it's mostly bugfixes.
The Ubuntu deb files are hopefully good this time - I rebuilt them from scratch. DFHack should also run fine under wine now. It's a bit slower when run that way, but there's no way around that. The liquids tool got some love and should behave a bit better (setting liquid level to 0 also sets temperature to 10015 to avoid the heat trap problem, placing walls removes liquids).

And that's about it. Enjoy :)

EDIT: uploaded the windows debug build by mistake. fixed.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 11:43:01 pm by peterix »

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: March 31, 2011, 11:44:12 pm »

setting liquid level to 0 also sets temperature to 10015 to avoid the heat trap problem
Aah, that was so beautiful way to get rid of cats... ;-)
Finis sanctificat media.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1130 on: April 01, 2011, 12:10:57 am »

setting liquid level to 0 also sets temperature to 10015 to avoid the heat trap problem
Aah, that was so beautiful way to get rid of cats... ;-)
Well, I'm sure it was... but all this temperature stuff was too easy to break and there was no simple way to get rid of magma. Temperature has a big problem in that it's invisible in the game for most tiles. Before I add temperature manipulation, I'd like to have a tool that can show a heat map :)

lorb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: April 01, 2011, 06:48:53 am »

Still no luck with the *.deb package.
To make sure i start with a clean slate i purged dfhack and then installed from the new deb-package for 5.11.
dfprospector still gives me an error:
Code: [Select]
dfprospector: symbol lookup error: dfprospector: undefined symbol: _ZN6DFHack4Maps17ReadLocalFeaturesERSt3mapINS_10planecoordESt6vectorIPNS_9t_featureESaIS5_EESt4lessIS2_ESaISt4pairIKS2_S7_EEE

Just for fun i also downloaded the source and compiled it myself and that version runs without a problem:
Code: [Select]
/bin ./dfprospector
Maximal regionoffset seen: 0.
KUNZITE : 13
[...]

For clarification: i am running debian and not ubuntu but the package installs just fine. (It complains about not knowing kernel.yama.ptrace_scope but that should not hurt imho)
Please be gracious in judging my english. (I am not a native speaker/writer.)
"This tile is supported by that wall."

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1132 on: April 01, 2011, 07:59:29 am »

Still no luck with the *.deb package.
For clarification: i am running debian and not ubuntu but the package installs just fine.
Well, there's the problem, I think. The compiled package depends on some of the more basic libs in your system: libstdc++ and some gcc stuff. It's not ideal. Anyway, it shouldn't be hard to make your own package. I'll add a script that will setup everything for that :)

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: April 01, 2011, 09:25:14 am »

DFHack should also run fine under wine now.

Confirmed.  Thanks a lot, peterix! :D

Dfreveal still crashes, but I more or less expected that. (if you want, I can provide the Wine crashdump...)

EDIT: and so does dfcleanmap, just as it did before.

It's a bit slower when run that way, but there's no way around that.

Hey, I'm patient ;)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 09:34:19 am by danaris »

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: April 01, 2011, 11:58:30 am »

Thank you so much for adding a range to the dfliquids obsidian spawning. I used to spend game years and real weeks setting up complex castings. I hated it. Now I can finally have the fortress I want. :)
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

InsanityPrelude

• Bay Watcher
  • O SHI--
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: April 02, 2011, 12:27:49 pm »

My firewall's popping up notifications about dfprospector trying to connect to literally everything running on my computer. Is that supposed to happen?
Forget down stairs, make an up stair
And then what?  Mine the sky? . . .  Actually, that'd be awesome.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1136 on: April 02, 2011, 01:51:21 pm »

My firewall's popping up notifications about dfprospector trying to connect to literally everything running on my computer. Is that supposed to happen?
Yes, it's doing its job. Whitelist the DFHack tools.

ZCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: April 03, 2011, 02:39:51 am »

I'm trying to write a tool to manipulate active labors using dfhack as a library, but it seems like reading current jobs (current_job.jobId) isn't working - they're all 0. What am I doing wrong? I've tested with 0.31.23 and 0.31.19.
Badger badgers badger badger badgers badgers badger.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: April 03, 2011, 03:21:19 am »

Have fun with that, lol.

I think what you are looking for is like.. creature.current_job.occupationPtr

I don't know if this helps you, but this code was valid during .12(and now is all commented out lol) for finding out which trees were designated to be cut down by a dwarf. I need to update it to (not suck) and work with newer versions of DF. Of course, now I am not sure what was commented out before I commented it all out.. but one of the two approaches in there worked haha. But as you see, even back then jobId isn't updated. You need to go find that yourself from looking at the actual job.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 03:27:30 am by devek »

ZCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: April 03, 2011, 11:37:56 am »

Have fun with that, lol.

I think what you are looking for is like.. creature.current_job.occupationPtr
That's uniformly 0, too.

I was really hoping to not need to modify dfhack.... drat.

EDIT: I got it. The existing logic was mostly sound, but disabled. I reenabled it and changed the job id read from DWord to Word, and it works.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 12:26:32 pm by ZCM »
Badger badgers badger badger badgers badgers badger.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 108