Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 81 (39.7%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.2%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (46.1%)

Total Members Voted: 204

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 1986938 times)

Elldor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.31.13] [V5.0] - V5.1 WIP
« Reply #315 on: October 01, 2010, 04:32:04 am »

Will the lazy newb pack work on Linux? If not O can run it in wine (I have been having problems with running the linux version and when I run the windows DF in wine I have no sound!)

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.31.13] [V5.0] - V5.1 WIP
« Reply #316 on: October 01, 2010, 11:42:26 am »

Linux: No. Wine: Dunno.

The pack isn't one thing that's either compatible or not. Dwarf Fortress, and each separate utility, has its own set of compatibility. A few of them have mac and maybe linux builds, but most of them are windows only.
Look through the utility threads individually to get more of a sense of this.

Your best bet would be to try again with the DF Linux build, and look around for whatever is linux compatible.
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.31.14] [V5.1] - NEW!
« Reply #317 on: October 01, 2010, 04:13:03 pm »

So everyone is tired of waiting for utility compatibility... SO

V5.1 WITH 31.14 RELEASED!

All the important stuff is there (Namely graphics, dwarf therapist, and the .bat file!)
But its missing Stonesense, Runesmith, Foreman, and Perfect World for now. They will be easy to add (or for you to download separately) in the future!
DFHack is also in a "temporary release" and will be updated soon.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 01, 2010, 07:54:22 pm »

Yes, seasonal saves are back!  Woohoo, grabbing this!

I hope the other utilities update soon.  I suppose I could just crapshoot what my fortress will look like in a visualizer until they're up.

MarauderIIC

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 01, 2010, 08:51:16 pm »

The DFFD download http://dffd.wimbli.com/download.php?id=2801&f=LazyNewbPack%5B0.31.14%5D%5BV5.1%5D.zip is bad, 7zip 4.65 throws a bunch of file corrupt errors after extraction. The direct download works fine, though.

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 01, 2010, 10:02:09 pm »

The DFFD download http://dffd.wimbli.com/download.php?id=2801&f=LazyNewbPack%5B0.31.14%5D%5BV5.1%5D.zip is bad, 7zip 4.65 throws a bunch of file corrupt errors after extraction. The direct download works fine, though.
Thanks! I've re-uploaded the file to DFFD.

You realize seasonal saves are just a game option, right? You can edit data\init\init.txt and d_init.txt manually to whatever settings you want!

BigJake

• Bay Watcher
  • Know-it-all and bragart
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 01, 2010, 10:13:36 pm »

I hope the other utilities update soon.  I suppose I could just crapshoot what my fortress will look like in a visualizer until they're up.

Overseer also works with .14 if you're in need of a visualizer.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63484.msg1605667#msg1605667

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 01, 2010, 10:24:36 pm »

I would totally include overseer if it wasn't bigger then the total size of the pack.
I forgot to put it in additional downloads before though, its there now! Very cool.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 01, 2010, 10:31:11 pm »

You can also use DF Init to enable seasonal saves...and since it only touches the init.txt and d_init.txt files, you don't need to worry about compatibility issues, unless of course Toady radically changes those files.

PJ

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 02, 2010, 11:35:12 am »

Hey there, great pack. Helped me get along with Dwarf Fortress quite nicely hehe

Just a question, though. The custom "lazy newb" worldgen has to be activated or something? I didn't see anything if it's "enabled by default" or anything like that...

Thanks in advance. :)

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 02, 2010, 12:16:18 pm »

Sorry, I guess that should be explained. You must select "Design New World With Advanced Parameters".
On the right is a list of pre-sets, with Lazy Newb World at the bottom. Arrow key down to and press enter on a pre-set, and it will generate a world.
Warning you will be missing out on a bit of "Fun", consider this world as peaceful training.

pbheadtemp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 03, 2010, 11:29:33 am »

I find it so funny that for the last two releases it seems that the second you update this, dwarf fortress gets +1uped.
Its preety dam fail when you manage to type in your email address wrong twice in the same way in a row, and create an account you cant access.

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 03, 2010, 12:24:57 pm »

Hah. I like how I've found out about those new versions through this thread first. Funny for sure.
In a sense it doesn't matter, because we have to wait for utilities anyways. People are going to have to stick with older versions for utility compatibility, unless memory hackers get quicker then Toady again.
Also, If there's even a rumor of a 31.16 quickfix, I'm not even going to bother with .15 XD

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 03, 2010, 03:18:52 pm »

I dunno. .15 was mostly bugfixes, so...Toady may have broken the odd even cycle.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

thebigJ_A

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 03, 2010, 09:57:37 pm »

Hey all. I'm a new lazy newb still learning the ropes. I have a question about the pack.

I DLd the older version with all the utilities, but I realize now that I'm not likely to use (or even understand) the ones that don't work with the newest versions of DF. DwarfTherapist is awesome, the others I don't care about for now.

My point is, there have been a couple updates to DF since the version I have, (.12). I'd like to get the updated version of the game. How do I do that while keeping all the stuff in the Newb Pack, like the tilesets, gamestarts, etc.? And will I have to start a new fort? (not that my current one is very succesful, lol.)

Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 137