Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 81 (39.7%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.2%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (46.1%)

Total Members Voted: 204

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 1985700 times)

Ladde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.31.16] [V5.2]
« Reply #405 on: November 15, 2010, 07:11:01 am »

You do realize that having yer dorfs at [SPEED:1] will have them at Legendary within a season, right?

Seems more sporting to have them at least have to work for it.
[SPEED:1] hu? Wat?

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 15, 2010, 03:50:02 pm »

Edit the raws for the dwarves.

Check the wiki, search for that. Many things will be explained to you.

pr1mus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 16, 2010, 03:29:12 pm »

Will there be a Pack for 31.18 soon? :)

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 16, 2010, 03:45:04 pm »

Will there be a Pack for 31.18 soon? :)
I know huh?  It has been over six hours already :)
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 16, 2010, 04:30:58 pm »

Theres a .18? Oh hey so there is.
So I guess... not yet.
I don't have much free time, and few utilities are out.

You know, I'm thinking of changing this pack a bit so that its a small package with graphics/bat/extras/etc, but keep the utilities out of the pack (but easily downloadable as links, which show the availability/compatibility)

This will make the pack easier to update, and not put so much responsibility on my to keep every single most updated utility. I was up for doing that for a bit, but don't have time for that.
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 16, 2010, 06:00:41 pm »

So I guess... not yet.

You know, I'm thinking of changing this pack a bit so that its a small package with graphics/bat/extras/etc, but keep the utilities out of the pack (but easily downloadable as links, which show the availability/compatibility)

This will make the pack easier to update, and not put so much responsibility on my to keep every single most updated utility. I was up for doing that for a bit, but don't have time for that.
This is a great idea!  Otherwise the utils will keep delaying the releases.
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

bishun

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Your pets are food too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 16, 2010, 09:49:00 pm »

So I guess... not yet.

I imagine this would save a lot of sanity. Basically offer a "Lite version", and maybe offer the "Full Pack" if and when possible.

Thanks for your work on these packs though; with versions flying out the door it's a bit like walking the wrong way on an escalator.

pr1mus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 17, 2010, 01:24:19 am »

Yeah, that would a good Idea :) You could made a readme.txt with links to all Utilities peoples could use :)
Besides, i don`t use the most of the Package :) Only the Game and Dwarf Therapist.

Brisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 17, 2010, 10:02:36 am »

I imagine this would save a lot of sanity. Basically offer a "Lite version", and maybe offer the "Full Pack" if and when possible.

I like this idea. I'm also one of those who just need the graphics and Dwarf Therapist. The other mods are nice but not necessary.

Shoehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 17, 2010, 11:54:50 am »

So far I've been getting by by renaming my df folder to "Dwarf Fortress 31.16" and adding the "LNP files" folder in there. But that's just cos I really really hate deleting Aquifers by hand..  :o

Also the Lazy Newb pack is so good that I usually give new versions of DF a while to play until it gets updated, that's how much I miss it. Thanks for doing all that work!

Oxinabox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 17, 2010, 08:44:56 pm »

I think that would take away for the greatness of the pack
the thing I (and alot of othrr nonNewb users I'm sure) is that it lets us be lazy and whgen a new release comes out, we can just download this and it will have all the latest utilities.

I gues, one person could maintian a "Lite" or "Escentials" pack, with just the Graphics sets and stuff for changing them and all that.
and someone else could maintain a "Untilities" Pack with dwarf theripist, DFHack,Stonesense, Overseer, quickfort and the rest

Strangething

• Bay Watcher
  • Slizardman
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #416 on: November 17, 2010, 10:34:18 pm »

It might make more sense to stick with 31.16, and just update the utilities. That way you avoid the inevitable bugs that come with new versions, and no one has to go without Therepist.

Stealth edit: What Oxinabox said.

Xzalander

• Bay Watcher
  • Flooding Forts Since 1402.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 18, 2010, 07:52:02 am »

It might make more sense to stick with 31.16, and just update the utilities. That way you avoid the inevitable bugs that come with new versions, and no one has to go without Therepist.

Stealth edit: What Oxinabox said.

I agree with Strangething. I'd much rather everything in the pack worked with each other than be cutting edge up to date and possibly very buggy. It would also be better this way for the new introductory players who use your pack.
If someone is going to mess with my fort, they deserve to drown in poop.

Greendogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 19, 2010, 04:20:34 am »

I would like it if you at least kept Therapist.

You could make a html file with links and the readme in it.
Sail - The end reminds me of a goblin choking a kobold.  No ponies, sorry.

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
  • Goddess of Earth, Awakener of the Primordial
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 19, 2010, 05:56:11 am »

I started playing with this the LNP at .16 and it was good. I dabbled with .18 and a different graphics set (downloaded these seperately) and noticed the game was much slower to generate worlds and load things in. Does the LNP mod the game to run faster at all? Good work on putting this together btw, I couldn't get my head around vanilla DF, this pack and the associated graphics packs are what got me hooked.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 137