Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 81 (39.7%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.2%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (46.1%)

Total Members Voted: 204

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 1987027 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.31.25] [V9.1] Updates
« Reply #900 on: April 11, 2011, 03:39:58 pm »

Yup  ;)

Is magma purely luck of the draw now?

Never mind doctors and burrows...... :'(
just keep digging DOWN, past all caverns, you'll find it ;)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

apachebreakdwarf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: April 11, 2011, 03:43:58 pm »

Ta TolyK - dig I shall! Right off to make sarnies for lunch tomorrow, then to bed, via a few chapters of Hyperion. Mondays. Ignore'em and they soon go away  :D

AssasinInTheDark

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: April 16, 2011, 09:05:28 am »

ok so i tired to download the df lnp pack and the other thing i need but the media things keeps telling me there an erro and df has the normal tile set no the lnp can some one help me plz

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: April 16, 2011, 11:42:37 am »

alright, what error does it give?
there is a download link for .NET 3.5 - download and install this, it should help. if not, post the error.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Pancakelover

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: April 22, 2011, 05:23:11 pm »

Hello. I'm having a few difficulties with the pack.

First off, I've downloaded and extracted the file onto my desktop. When I go to click the lazy newb pack icon this comes up:

Nevertheless, I click continue and realize that something else is wrong.

None of the options have "YES" or "NO" next to them. I also had to refresh to get the key bindings up.

I go onto Graphics and have to click, "update list." Then I click one of the texture packs, (doesn't matter which one.) and click, "install graphics" These 3 options come up before the programme shuts itself down.

If somebody could tell me what's happening I'd really appriciate it. If you need more details just ask.

Cheers in advance.  :)

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: April 22, 2011, 06:02:07 pm »

@Pancakelover, you missed this:
Note: Requires Microsoft .NET 3.5
Download/install that.
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

ClubFoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: April 23, 2011, 03:38:08 am »

there seems to be a check in the program that looks for a recent enough version of .net...but it's not been updated to look for 3.5.
If you have a version prior to 2.05 (and I did), LNP tells you to upgrade to 2.05.  I then upgraded to 2.05, and it no longer complains on startup about having a too-old version of .net...it just throws the assertion mentioned.

you might update the check on startup that's looking for a sufficiently recent .net

Pancakelover

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: April 23, 2011, 04:19:07 am »

Whenever i try to install it. a pop-up comes up saying "Turn Windows features on or off" in the control panel to install of configure Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5

I take it this means I already have it?

Ineffectual Egg

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: April 23, 2011, 03:35:52 pm »

I'm not really sure what has happened, but when I try to edit any of my settings an error window appears that says access is denied to the file I am trying to edit. It also doesn't start DF from the lazy newb pack screen, and won't change the graphics tileset. I really need help.
EDIT: Disregard that, Windows 7 sucks
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 03:50:54 pm by Ineffectual Egg »
Forgive the dwarves. Their mothers always drink while pregnant. Strange moods are caused by the damaged and repressed parts of their brains reactivating, revealing some of their real potential.
Truth is, even after momma lifted a lead wine barrel over her head and chugged it while pregnant and then went to wrestling practice downwind of a copper smelter, dwarves are still smarter than you.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: April 24, 2011, 02:46:12 am »

I'm not really sure what has happened, but when I try to edit any of my settings an error window appears that says access is denied to the file I am trying to edit. It also doesn't start DF from the lazy newb pack screen, and won't change the graphics tileset. I really need help.
EDIT: Disregard that, Windows 7 sucks
.net 3.5 is probably the problem. I personally love Win7, but XP works better  :P

Whenever i try to install it. a pop-up comes up saying "Turn Windows features on or off" in the control panel to install of configure Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5

I take it this means I already have it?
possibly. some applications automatically install it, so you might be lucky.
just reinstall it though, you might have a slightly outdated version :/
unless of course it asks you to change/modify/reinstall/uninstall, in which case don't ;)
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

DarkGenesis

• Bay Watcher
  • Darkness Shall Rise
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: April 25, 2011, 06:22:15 am »

Hey I have a few questions about the LNP compatibility and the features on the GUI.

Firstly, are the features on the GUI dynamic? For example if I push invaders on/off, change the population cap and such will that effect the save game or will I have to generate a new world? If these changes do effect saved games does the game need to be on/off while doing so or can it be changed while currently playing?

Also could I use the LNP GUI to manage for example the Genesis Mod? So I'd be able to turn invaders on/off, change population cap, set liquid depth on, change hotkeys and so forth?

Thank you in advance :)
~DG

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: April 25, 2011, 12:01:31 pm »

Hey I have a few questions about the LNP compatibility and the features on the GUI.

Firstly, are the features on the GUI dynamic? For example if I push invaders on/off, change the population cap and such will that effect the save game or will I have to generate a new world? If these changes do effect saved games does the game need to be on/off while doing so or can it be changed while currently playing?
Invaders, pop cap, and the first-page Options are all df-wide (in a text file that DF reads every time it starts up), so they affect all games.
I suggest doing this before starting DF though, because you could end up with problems if it reads it at different times  :P

Also could I use the LNP GUI to manage for example the Genesis Mod? So I'd be able to turn invaders on/off, change population cap, set liquid depth on, change hotkeys and so forth?

Thank you in advance :)
~DG
It works fine with mods, just don't change graphics ;)
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

AricW/anA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: April 25, 2011, 12:41:35 pm »

Thanks for this, Lucas!

I am, in fact, a lazy newb. Not only does this make playing a heckuva lot easier for those of us who are imagination-impaired but it comes bundled with other awesome programs (SS, DT). Very easy to use, everything works well!

This is by far the easiest way for someone to get into the game. Turn off sieges? I'd have LOVED to do that while I was trying to figure out how to make iron bars (yes I know losing is fun, but not when you've never played a roguelike).

V2Blast

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: April 26, 2011, 04:26:20 am »

...Is there a Mac version, or at least an analogue of this for Mac? :-\

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: April 26, 2011, 08:07:02 am »

no(t yet). you might be able to use an emulator though.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 137