Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 81 (39.7%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.2%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (46.1%)

Total Members Voted: 204

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 1985668 times)

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.34.07] [V12]
« Reply #1620 on: May 16, 2012, 07:58:07 am »

Thank you for the work you do.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Durian Hohlades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: May 16, 2012, 04:48:27 pm »

CAM ON I GOT 4 FREE DAYZ NAOOOW IAM SO LAZY I NEED YOOOO

omg its gonna be so cool no matter when yo finish imagine the rollacoasters :D! moving troops in minecartrains behind the enemy and striking them with full force muahah :D

bye

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: May 16, 2012, 05:22:10 pm »

Thank you for the work you do.

This! Vanilla is very nice, but the Lazy Newb pack adds just that little je-ne-sais-quois that makes DF an even more fullfilling experience. Thanks guys and/or gals.
MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: May 17, 2012, 09:12:17 am »

Well. You know. *most* of the LNP features work from the 34.07, including soundsense, graphics packs and Therapist.
and.
omg.
34.09 is release.

So y'oughta take a gander at how you might go about updating your game & utilities, without waiting for the LNP - you lazy n00b. :)

Love it. :)

• Download the latest version of DF.
  • Unpack it into the LNP folder. So long as the folder name starts with 'Dwarf Fortress' you're in the clear.
  • Rename the old version folder. Prefix it with the version number or something ("0.34.07 Dwarf Fortress"). This will prevent LNP from loading the old version.
  • go to dwarf fortress --> data --> save and copy your save folder over to the new version. This might bug out your game in some cases.
  • go to dwarf fortress --> data --> init and copy files 'init.txt' and 'd_init.txt' over to the new version. Your configuration will be preserved.
  • Install graphics in the normal fashion, through the LNP interface.
  • To update soundsense, open the utilities folder, navigate to 1-newb --> soundsense and open 'configuration.xml' in notepad or equivalent. Change the 'gamelog path' to reflect the new version of DF you just installed.

Unfortunately, we're still waiting on an update for dfhack, so you'll just have to live without workflows for a while. Everything else works fine.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: May 17, 2012, 09:24:32 am »

Therapist for .08 and .09 didn't work for me... ?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: May 17, 2012, 09:42:54 am »

Therapist for .08 and .09 didn't work for me... ?

It works fine for .08... it even auto-updates with the new layouts. Even splinterz branch works fine. layouts for .09 have been updated and posted in the dwarf therapist forum thread. As of this writing, therapist does not update automagically, but instructions have been provided on the therapist-thread. I can attest that the new memory layouts work with splinterz' branch.

Don't forget to restart the LNP utility after making your updates !!! I promise it will act funny if you don't.

Beenjamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: May 18, 2012, 10:16:22 am »

The main problem for me is that I use a laptop...so I need to wait for the lazy newb keybindings.

zebraboy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: May 18, 2012, 10:46:48 am »

Well. You know. *most* of the LNP features work from the 34.07, including soundsense, graphics packs and Therapist.
and.
omg.
34.09 is release.

So y'oughta take a gander at how you might go about updating your game & utilities, without waiting for the LNP - you lazy n00b. :)

Love it. :)

• Download the latest version of DF.
  • Unpack it into the LNP folder. So long as the folder name starts with 'Dwarf Fortress' you're in the clear.
  • Rename the old version folder. Prefix it with the version number or something ("0.34.07 Dwarf Fortress"). This will prevent LNP from loading the old version.
  • go to dwarf fortress --> data --> save and copy your save folder over to the new version. This might bug out your game in some cases.
  • go to dwarf fortress --> data --> init and copy files 'init.txt' and 'd_init.txt' over to the new version. Your configuration will be preserved.
  • Install graphics in the normal fashion, through the LNP interface.
  • To update soundsense, open the utilities folder, navigate to 1-newb --> soundsense and open 'configuration.xml' in notepad or equivalent. Change the 'gamelog path' to reflect the new version of DF you just installed.

Unfortunately, we're still waiting on an update for dfhack, so you'll just have to live without workflows for a while. Everything else works fine.

There`s one issue though. The graphic packs come with their own raws which are copied by LNP when you change graphic sets. In this case, the latest graphic set will send the wheelbarrows and minecart reaction to oblivion.  What you see in-game is that your workshops can no longer create them.

daveralph1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Dwarf Fortress for it's complexity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: May 18, 2012, 11:12:57 am »

The main problem for me is that I use a laptop...so I need to wait for the lazy newb keybindings.

I don't see whhy you can't just copy over the old keybindings, only problem I can think is the new hauling menu h.

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: May 18, 2012, 01:31:15 pm »

(snip)
There`s one issue though. The graphic packs come with their own raws which are copied by LNP when you change graphic sets. In this case, the latest graphic set will send the wheelbarrows and minecart reaction to oblivion.  What you see in-game is that your workshops can no longer create them.

Um... Are you sure? Because I'm playing quite happily with mayday graphics installed over .09, and I have quite a number of carts and wheelbarrows. I applied the smelter reactions last (after updating everything else), if I recall correctly.

zebraboy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: May 18, 2012, 08:09:42 pm »

(snip)

Um... Are you sure? Because I'm playing quite happily with mayday graphics installed over .09, and I have quite a number of carts and wheelbarrows. I applied the smelter reactions last (after updating everything else), if I recall correctly.

I tested on it`s own .38 and I had wheelbarrows + minecart. I injected .38 in current LNP. I brought my .37 save in, ran DF and saw the ascii tileset. I asked LNP to switch to Phoebus and discovered later on I couldn`t build wheelbarrows or minecart. I looked at the raws and found they were missing from item_tools. So yes, I'm sure after I re-installed and tested that old phoebus raws were overwriting my wheelbarrows. I could have had done something weird. in any case I'm fixed. I thought I could at least tell what happened to me. it was a little bit tricky to find my fix.

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: May 18, 2012, 11:30:35 pm »

I tested on it`s own .38 and I had wheelbarrows + minecart. I injected .38 in current LNP. I brought my .37 save in, ran DF and saw the ascii tileset. I asked LNP to switch to Phoebus and discovered later on I couldn`t build wheelbarrows or minecart. I looked at the raws and found they were missing from item_tools. So yes, I'm sure after I re-installed and tested that old phoebus raws were overwriting my wheelbarrows. I could have had done something weird. in any case I'm fixed. I thought I could at least tell what happened to me. it was a little bit tricky to find my fix.

Well, the current version of LNP is for v0.34.07, so it doesn't have wheelbarrows or minecarts.  You'd have to grab the current Phoebus graphics pack from its thread if you want to use that with the current Dwarf Fortress.
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.

Durian Hohlades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: May 19, 2012, 07:15:23 am »

no carts or wheelbarrows in 09.. really pro update! xD

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: May 19, 2012, 07:59:55 pm »

no carts or wheelbarrows in 09.. really pro update! xD

Congratulations, you fail at reading.
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.

slaytanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my DFFD pack
« Reply #1634 on: May 19, 2012, 08:49:25 pm »

so, extract .09 into the .07 inside lazynewbpack. then update to the newest phoebus graphics or somesuch..? I'm not really worried about any of my saves. would that work? I'm just going to follow your instructions and see what happens.
So let me get this straight....We are talking monkeys living on a dirt ball that circles a fireball ? WTF ?
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 137