Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 81 (39.7%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.2%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (46.1%)

Total Members Voted: 204

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 1985703 times)

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.34.07] [V12]
« Reply #1665 on: May 26, 2012, 12:31:57 pm »

I love Lazy Newb as much as the next guy but is it really that hard to download your graphic pack of choice, therapist, and DFHack, and throw the three together on your own?

It's time consuming.  It took me about 2 hours the other day to copy the LNP to a new folder, delete all the 0.34.07 files, download 34.10, DFHack, Ironhand's graphics, and splinterz' Therapist branch, unpack them all, put them in the right folder, copy my old saves again, and test them to make sure everything worked right. So, it wasn't particularly difficult, but there was a bit of work involved.

Then after I was satisfied everything was working, I had to go and copy my macros, my custom world gen settings, make sure the init files were tweaked the way I like and copy over the utilities I'm using that's not in the pack. But this has to be done with updates regardless of whether LNP is updated or not.  The good thing about the LNP is that it helps keep everything in one place where it's easy to find.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

slaytanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my DFFD pack
« Reply #1666 on: May 26, 2012, 12:40:45 pm »

It is kind of a pain in the ass. Especially if you are used to playing a certain way (everybody has their own play style) Especially for folks who aren't PC savvy. Actually, all the modders have been pretty quick to update this time.
So let me get this straight....We are talking monkeys living on a dirt ball that circles a fireball ? WTF ?

MercuryP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: May 26, 2012, 02:47:27 pm »

Thanks, Slaytanic, that will be helpful.  I know my way around a computer and I'm not all that lazy, but when I'd started putting stuff together earlier this week I just gave up halfway through because it's hard to figure out what all the components I need are and when you wind up with 20 web pages of directions open all at the same time it's a bit overwhelming.  But it's the weekend now and I'm about ready to get rolling with DF again since I haven't played in over a year.

Which basically means I'm going to spend the rest of the day modding in some colorful stone and wood because I'm a color addict and then running through the configs to make sure it's how I like it, so that I can start actually playing tomorrow maybe.

DF takes so long to set up, but it's so worth it.

slaytanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my DFFD pack
« Reply #1668 on: May 26, 2012, 02:48:33 pm »

you will have to copy the files in the stone sense folder into the main DF folder to get it to work sorry I forgot to do that.
So let me get this straight....We are talking monkeys living on a dirt ball that circles a fireball ? WTF ?

slaytanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my DFFD pack
« Reply #1669 on: May 26, 2012, 03:13:08 pm »

Thanks, Slaytanic, that will be helpful.  I know my way around a computer and I'm not all that lazy, but when I'd started putting stuff together earlier this week I just gave up halfway through because it's hard to figure out what all the components I need are and when you wind up with 20 web pages of directions open all at the same time it's a bit overwhelming.  But it's the weekend now and I'm about ready to get rolling with DF again since I haven't played in over a year.

Which basically means I'm going to spend the rest of the day modding in some colorful stone and wood because I'm a color addict and then running through the configs to make sure it's how I like it, so that I can start actually playing tomorrow maybe.

yeah I was having problems with 34.09 and I started putting things together. Its taken me like 3 days to get it how I want it.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: May 27, 2012, 04:10:22 pm »

yeah I was having problems with 34.09 and I started putting things together. Its taken me like 3 days to get it how I want it.

Thanks a lot for the pack! It's a real life saver.

However, I can't seem to make wheelbarrows anymore. I can connect them to my stockpiles, but they don't show up in the manager OR in the carpenters shop. It's really annoying, and I can't figure out what the issue is.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Troas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: May 27, 2012, 05:05:03 pm »

The laptop keybinding on the Lazy Newb pack seems to have problems with wheelbarrows.  I ran a diff check between the file included in the pack and vanilla and there were pages and pages of differences.  Most of the differences appeared to be simply relocations of blocks of bindings, but there were too many for me to easily sort through.
You'd think handing out the crossbows to brain damaged dwarfs would be a bad idea but it isn't

Save the catgirls!

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: May 28, 2012, 03:47:46 am »

There's a bunch of new keybindings for the hauling changes and such.  A lot of them.  I just deleted the old LNP keybinds, replaced it with the standard 34.10 keybinds, and changed the file to some of the LNP binds.  There were only about 8 LNP bind changes to add compared to several dozen new binds for hauling, and the hauling binds weren't all clearly documented on the wiki.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: May 28, 2012, 07:34:41 am »

Could you post those please? It would make updating much easier... >.>
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

vermin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: May 28, 2012, 09:01:04 am »

....and splinterz' Therapist branch....

BTW, for me it was much more easy just to get all LNP componets separately and put 'em together and don't mess updating LNP .07 pack... but could somebody give me a link to splinterz' Therapist branch?
(i just updated old 0.6.12 with 34.10 compatible .ini)

PS. i'm a true dwarf: i have to edit some typos - 1L of beer do things ;)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 09:26:24 am by vermin »

slaytanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my DFFD pack
« Reply #1675 on: May 28, 2012, 10:06:01 am »

Thanks a lot for the pack! It's a real life saver.

However, I can't seem to make wheelbarrows anymore. I can connect them to my stockpiles, but they don't show up in the manager OR in the carpenters shop. It's really annoying, and I can't figure out what the issue is.
I hadn't noticed I had some wheelbarrows lying around in my fortress already. I'll fire it up and see about it in a little bit. I've been having problems with my save games....

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: May 28, 2012, 11:42:19 am »

could somebody give me a link to splinterz' Therapist branch?

The "splintermind-attributes" Dwarf Therapist clone can be found here.  FYI, it's currently in v12 for those of you still using earlier versions.

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: May 28, 2012, 07:25:49 pm »

I've found the mining interfaces missing from the LNP Interface, aswell. There are three symbols to change.  And two keys to add.  These two keys, I believe, are all that's needed, to remove the shift+whatever, to do z-level changes.  Not sure what the first binds do.  Secondary Scrolling, I guess.  *scratch head*

#Change Vanilla to match LNP, for these 4 lines.
#LNP Interface, line 91-98
Code: [Select]
[BIND:SECONDSCROLL_UP:REPEAT_SLOW]
[KEY:-]
[BIND:SECONDSCROLL_DOWN:REPEAT_SLOW]
[KEY:=]
[BIND:SECONDSCROLL_PAGEUP:REPEAT_SLOW]
[KEY:_]
[BIND:SECONDSCROLL_PAGEDOWN:REPEAT_SLOW]
[KEY:+]

#Vanilla Interface, line 139-146
[BIND:SECONDSCROLL_UP:REPEAT_SLOW]
[KEY:-]
[BIND:SECONDSCROLL_DOWN:REPEAT_SLOW]
[KEY:+]
[BIND:SECONDSCROLL_PAGEUP:REPEAT_SLOW]
[KEY:/]
[BIND:SECONDSCROLL_PAGEDOWN:REPEAT_SLOW]
[KEY:*]

#add [KEY:,] and [KEY:.]
[BIND:CURSOR_UP_Z:REPEAT_SLOW]
[KEY:<]
[KEY:,] 
[BIND:CURSOR_DOWN_Z:REPEAT_SLOW]
[KEY:>]
[KEY:.]

Orius is correct, its easier to tweak the Vanilla to match LNP, than the vice versa.  If ya have more, please share.  I prefer the LNP keybinds, too.  Not sure if I tweaked them all.  Got tired, finding these three. 

Knutor
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 07:40:38 pm by knutor »
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Troas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: May 28, 2012, 08:46:19 pm »

you also want to change the following around line 35:

[BIND:ZOOM_IN:REPEAT_SLOW]
[BUTTON:0:5]
[BIND:ZOOM_OUT:REPEAT_SLOW]
[BUTTON:0:4]
You'd think handing out the crossbows to brain damaged dwarfs would be a bad idea but it isn't

Save the catgirls!

Alienation25

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: May 28, 2012, 09:49:22 pm »

Whenever I try to run the LNP, this message pops up, and when I hit continue everything in the program is blank. I made sure that I had 3.5 framework installed, but it still gives me this. Any ideas?
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 137