Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 81 (39.7%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.2%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (46.1%)

Total Members Voted: 204

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 1986983 times)

beefy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.34.07] [V12]
« Reply #1725 on: June 06, 2012, 03:39:34 am »

I would love to see this getting updated with ironhands tileset! :D

Beenjamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: June 06, 2012, 08:01:10 am »

@slaytanic

so to clarify, you've successfully updated the the lazy newb keybindings so that laptop users are able to build minecart tracks etc. ? If this is the case thankyou as I've been waiting ages to start a fort with post-34.07 DF.

Ben

WCG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That's interesting...
« Reply #1727 on: June 06, 2012, 08:42:42 am »

I Put together another repack with DF 0.34.11 phoebus tileset dfhack dwarf therapist blah blah blah etcetera.... basically the v12 lazy newb pack with updated stuff inside of it.

Wonderful! Thank-you.

What can I say? I'm just lazy.

slaytanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my DFFD pack
« Reply #1728 on: June 06, 2012, 09:29:30 am »

@slaytanic

so to clarify, you've successfully updated the the lazy newb keybindings so that laptop users are able to build minecart tracks etc. ? If this is the case thankyou as I've been waiting ages to start a fort with post-34.07 DF.

Ben
Sorry Ben but No. I don't own a laptop and I haven't messed with the keybindings. What needs to be done ? I could look into it.
So let me get this straight....We are talking monkeys living on a dirt ball that circles a fireball ? WTF ?

Argelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: June 06, 2012, 09:49:28 am »

I Put together another repack with DF 0.34.11 phoebus tileset dfhack dwarf therapist blah blah blah etcetera.... basically the v12 lazy newb pack with updated stuff inside of it. Everything I have checked is working.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6432

May I ask how you updated dfhack? Does it gets stonesense working?
I did not come across yet functional DFhack for 34.11 in the proper thread  ???
Killing dwarves is so much fun. Heck, even the dwarves agree, else they wouldn't kill themselves so often.

Beenjamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: June 06, 2012, 10:44:36 am »

@Slaytanic

Well I'm not entirely sure but I recall that without LNP keybindings, on a laptop you have to hold shift when pressing the right hand button (>, =, pgDn) for stuff like navigation of z-levels and lists/menus.
There might be more things that are changed, I just know that without the tweaks of the keybindings it make DF a nightmare to play on my laptop.

I have had a look at manually changing keybindings myself but there's a lot of lists to go through and I am a lazy newb :)

Ben

slaytanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my DFFD pack
« Reply #1731 on: June 06, 2012, 11:32:25 am »

I have looked at the keybinds in the file there is a default and a lazynewb one. It would be hard for me to do any tweaking for laptops without having one. Maybe someone else can help you out. I took a look at LucasUps DFFD and there is a file for laptop keybindings there but its old. I dont see why it wouldn't work though. http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3132
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 11:49:07 am by slaytanic »
So let me get this straight....We are talking monkeys living on a dirt ball that circles a fireball ? WTF ?

slaytanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my DFFD pack
« Reply #1732 on: June 06, 2012, 11:39:02 am »

I Put together another repack with DF 0.34.11 phoebus tileset dfhack dwarf therapist blah blah blah etcetera.... basically the v12 lazy newb pack with updated stuff inside of it. Everything I have checked is working.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6432

May I ask how you updated dfhack? Does it gets stonesense working?
I did not come across yet functional DFhack for 34.11 in the proper thread  ???
There is a sybmols.xml file that you need to update. The guys who work on DFhack can lead you in the right direction. I could give you a link to the one I used but I had to edit it so you probably don't want that.

Argelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: June 06, 2012, 12:44:41 pm »

There is a sybmols.xml file that you need to update. The guys who work on DFhack can lead you in the right direction. I could give you a link to the one I used but I had to edit it so you probably don't want that.

Well, I did see a s..storm on the DFHack thread, and afterwards was quite chicky to post again, not knowing who was doing what, and what updated file would brake or not the game.

Is this the file you used? AG being in the one working on DFHack?
Quote from: AG
Just everybody quit doing pointless things, grab this file, erase all os-type='darwin' symbol tables at the end, and be happy:

https://raw.github.com/angavrilov/df-structures/master/symbols.xml
Killing dwarves is so much fun. Heck, even the dwarves agree, else they wouldn't kill themselves so often.

Beenjamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: June 06, 2012, 02:37:22 pm »

@slaytanic

thanks for the link. I may have to fiddle about a little, but at least i know where to edit the interface without actually running DF. If I get it reconfigured i'll post it up for other laptop users.

WCG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That's interesting...
« Reply #1735 on: June 06, 2012, 02:42:45 pm »

Unfortunately, I can't get it to work for me. When I click on "Play Dwarf Fortress" (from the LNP GUI), I immediately get this message: Not found data/art/mouse.png  and then Dwarf Fortress.exe crashes to the desktop.

I'm using the Phoebus graphics pack, and I updated my old saves before I started. Is there something else I missed?

Note that this stuff has to be pretty simple, for me. 30 years ago, I would have known what I was doing. 50 years ago, I would have been eager to learn (assuming there had been PCs back then). These days,... not so much.  :D

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: June 06, 2012, 03:07:45 pm »

Unfortunately, I can't get it to work for me. When I click on "Play Dwarf Fortress" (from the LNP GUI), I immediately get this message: Not found data/art/mouse.png  and then Dwarf Fortress.exe crashes to the desktop.

I'm using the Phoebus graphics pack, and I updated my old saves before I started. Is there something else I missed?

Note that this stuff has to be pretty simple, for me. 30 years ago, I would have known what I was doing. 50 years ago, I would have been eager to learn (assuming there had been PCs back then). These days,... not so much.  :D

This is just off the top of my head, and I really don't know what I'm talking about, but if you click the "Init file editor" button at the bottome of the LNP GUI, there should be an option somewhere in the middle of the left-hand side of the window about using a graphic for the mouse cursor.  Maybe confirm that this is set to be off?

slaytanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my DFFD pack
« Reply #1737 on: June 06, 2012, 03:40:57 pm »

Well, I did see a s..storm on the DFHack thread, and afterwards was quite chicky to post again, not knowing who was doing what, and what updated file would brake or not the game.

Is this the file you used? AG being in the one working on DFHack?
Quote from: AG
Just everybody quit doing pointless things, grab this file, erase all os-type='darwin' symbol tables at the end, and be happy:

https://raw.github.com/angavrilov/df-structures/master/symbols.xml
yes..that is the one. you have to edit out the last symbol tables though. The S Storm was over people saying to just change the checksum without checking the offsets. Im assuming AG knows what he's doing though since he's a major contributor to the source.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 03:51:51 pm by slaytanic »

slaytanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my DFFD pack
« Reply #1738 on: June 06, 2012, 03:45:33 pm »

This is just off the top of my head, and I really don't know what I'm talking about, but if you click the "Init file editor" button at the bottome of the LNP GUI, there should be an option somewhere in the middle of the left-hand side of the window about using a graphic for the mouse cursor.  Maybe confirm that this is set to be off?
Just grab the ones out of your old dwarf fortress, or install phoebus 0.34.11 I could've swore that I did that before I uploaded it. Did you click on the install graphics button maybe ? That would overwrite the stuff I put in there. Assuming you have a version 0.34.10 with phoebus still lying around just copy and paste everything from the data/art folder you'll probably need others besides mouse.png  Phoebus updated after I put that together but I'm not thinking there were any drastic changes so the 34.10 graphics are pretty much the same as far as I know.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 03:58:04 pm by slaytanic »

WCG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That's interesting...
« Reply #1739 on: June 06, 2012, 04:33:34 pm »

Did you click on the install graphics button maybe? That would overwrite the stuff I put in there.

Yes, I did. I wasn't supposed to?

I still have to update my saved games, but not "install graphics"?

I'll just start all over again. I've still got my saved game files from 34.07.

Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 137