Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 22: Angels and Demons)  (Read 23425 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 3: Instead, Dread Deimos)
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2010, 06:56:02 pm »

I order pal to fire warning shos at daimos, not physical projeciles though, because it seems those will be teleported, ALSo 2 single mini missiles is kinda crap, i must have miss informed you, cause i was thinking lots of liitle ones not a pair of great huge honkin ones
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2010, 07:04:21 pm »

I order pal to fire warning shos at daimos, not physical projeciles though, because it seems those will be teleported, ALSo 2 single mini missiles is kinda crap, i must have miss informed you, cause i was thinking lots of liitle ones not a pair of great huge honkin ones

I'm thinking of missiles that explode, maybe even track aircraft.  If mini missiles are some sort of anti-personnel weapon, then you can have 6 chambered.  Like the Eightball Cannon.  Yes, the Eightball Cannon holds 6 missiles, don't ask me why.

Zoom to 3:20 to see the Eightball Cannon, the BFG of my childhood:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6n9mSIuEl8
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 07:22:12 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2010, 07:49:27 pm »

dont forget, i specified incendiary warheadsw, those arnt particularly effective against vehicles anyway
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2010, 08:01:52 pm »

dont forget, i specified incendiary warheadsw, those arnt particularly effective against vehicles anyway
We're from the future. Miniature IN-AT warheads on a chassis that can effectively take out aircraft are not out of the question. I'd rather just gauss cannon them though.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2010, 10:00:29 pm »

everyone's actions were posted

Jerk.

I tell PAL to mass driver Deimos's antimatter generator, as well as to fight the boarders using energy weapons to disrupt their photonic resonance..
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2010, 10:32:48 pm »

everyone's actions were posted

Jerk.

I tell PAL to mass driver Deimos's antimatter generator, as well as to fight the boarders using energy weapons to disrupt their photonic resonance..

Heh, my bad.  I subtracted Vertigon twice, so expected 4 actions.  I knew something seemed off.

I've added your turn to the post.  Important part: the intruders seem corporeal.

25 minutes until PAL takes his turn (:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 10:35:50 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 3.5: Instead, Dread Deimos - PAL did)
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2010, 01:24:14 am »

"Pal, retaliate! Fire missiles at Deimos. Analyze the point of teleportation for the Phobos debris, and set the nukes to simultaneously explode just above that point."
[1]

I order pal to fire warning shos at daimos, not physical projeciles though, because it seems those will be teleported
[3]

I tell PAL to mass driver Deimos's antimatter generator
[3]

PAL's flames flare for a moment, and his double blades seem to form a grin.
"I will make it so, heroes."
The Pyrrhus rocks a bit as another massive rock is lobbed at relativistic speeds, passing through the scarlet lines of an alpha strike.
Defenses: [5][1]
Despite its incredible velocity, the projectile is teleported to the other side of Deimos, careening off into deep space.
The lasers of the alpha strike are unstoppable: within seconds the moon's surface is visibly glowing.  However, as the strike ends and the laser capacitors recharge, Deimos is still intact.  Very hot, but not cracked as it should be.

"I am sorry for the lack of missiles.  The main launch computer was one of the systems wrecked by those aberrations, the boarding party.  I still have no visual feeds, but the damage reports show their path: they are headed coreward, specifically the direction of the antimatter reactor (ring 4).  You could probably catch them in Habitation (ring 2), but Secure Storage (ring 3) is full of turrets and defensive emplacements."

"The launch computer (ring 1) needs repairing before nukes can be launched.  Unlike the blinded sensors, I am unable to perform repairs myself."

Thus ends turn 3.  I'm switching to forum time, meaning your turn 4 actions are due by next midnight forum time, which is 11PM EST.  Give orders to PAL *along with* your action - this turn was an odd one, you shouldn't normally get results for your actions until PAL has received his orders.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 01:56:02 am by Rolan7 »
She/they

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2010, 01:31:20 am »

I order PAL to lock down all bulkheads exepting those leading from here to secure storage
"guy's let's catch them at secure storage, those closed down bulkheads will delay them so that we have time to get the defenses active"

I head to secure storage, specifically to where we will likely encounter them, and get to work forifying the place furthur

Edit, and is that american Eastern standard time, cause im in Australian eastern standard time and im 3 hours AHEAD of forumn time.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2010, 01:50:42 am »

CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2010, 01:53:39 am »

Repair PAL Guys just know I have the cube that is destroyer of worlds
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2010, 02:04:34 am »

Edit, and is that american Eastern standard time, cause im in Australian eastern standard time and im 3 hours AHEAD of forumn time.

This sort of thing is why I'm switching to forum time (:
Yes, I live in American Eastern Standard Time, GMT -4 (with daylight savings)
The time for me is 2:58AM
The forum time is 1:58AM
The current time in New South Wales is 16:58, or 4:58PM
Seems like you're missing the PM, right?  I think you're 15 hours ahead, not 3.
Regardless!  Everyone's actions are due at midnight *forum time*.
She/they

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2010, 02:11:46 am »

oh AM, heh i read PM lol, im 15 hours ahead then i think
edit: just checed time compared to my clock, yead im 15 ahead, and i know its ahead not behind cause im GMT +10 something can only be up to 2 hours ahead of me

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2010, 02:31:23 am »

Guys just know I have the cube that is destroyer of worlds
[hidden roll]

Repair PAL

You are still interfaced with the ship network, though unjacking is a free action.  Technically PAL is fine, it's a missile control computer located elsewhere in ring 1 that needs repair. 

The intruders are about 90 degrees away from your group (if your group is at the "west" end of the ring, they're at the north moving south (coreward)).  That's nearly 10 kilometers away, but there are fast transit systems for your characters.

Summary: It'll take a turn to reach the intruders, or the damaged computer, or secure storage.  Those locations are close enough that you don't need to spend a whole turn moving between them.  The problem is you can't tell how you're going to attack until you've seen the intruders, so this is your opportunity to choose a position to defend.  The writeup for turn 4 will include contact with the enemy, then you can attack.

There are supplies in ring 2 (Habitation), and ring 3 (Secure Storage) has auto-turrets and defensive barriers.  The intruders will likely continue to attack targets of opportunity if allowed to pass through Habitation.
She/they

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2010, 02:56:15 am »

so uh guys vote, im not sure them attacking targets of oportunity is a good idea, but we might notbe able to take them without the defensive stuff

I change my action to go to wherever we vote to go, i also change my orders to PAL to be execpt for he direct route to wherever we vote to go

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2010, 05:45:33 am »

I head to habitation, creating airburst limited explosive range EMP (about 5 meters) gauss rounds for myself. They may appear to be corporeal, but I'd like to have a backup if they're not, or if they have heavy technology that's not hardened against EMP weaponry. Hopefully my suit gets a speed boost, allowing me to run to the fortified position in ring 3 after I've identified them.

"I'll figure out how to engage them. The rest of you: fortify ring 3."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19