Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Star Wars Galaxies Emulator  (Read 24034 times)

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Galaxies Emulator
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2010, 06:07:27 pm »

If you're playing with the original combat system the *Best* build is one that pulls on the defense trees from a few different proffessions: fencer, pistoleer, and TKA i remember off the top of my head.  I played a Master Bounty Hunter from start to finish, but it was one of the harder classes to be successful at, it involved tons of kiting.  My friend played the defense stack and was pretty much unkillable in pvp.  Also, (if its the same as the release SWG) doctor buffs are almost required to play the game.  They put your bars up around 4k, and make your regen hella-faster.  The economy may not be developed enough to have them readily available for sale though... 
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2010, 06:26:12 pm »

Gaaah!
Too much choice.
That damn profession calculator isn't helping...

Medic sounds like a decent choice though, if no one wants to play it.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2010, 06:27:04 pm »

Gaaah!
Too much choice.
That damn profession calculator isn't helping...
Yeah, your best bet is to just go with what you think helps you for now, imo

Pathos

« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2010, 06:37:31 pm »

Brawler -> Teras Kerasi Artist is basically free except for skills.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2010, 06:43:24 pm »

in SWG everyone is their own medic.

the doctor profession is good for selling buffs, and the combat medic(or whatever it's called) can rez people, but it wasn't used a whole lot.  As far as healing is concerned most players just bought their own stim packs, and applied them to themselves for healing, which was only really used in pve, since pvp is just a mind bar fight.

The other reason it wasn't used much in pve is that generally speaking in pve you can either do things easily, or you get one shot, not a lot of middle ground to give healers a chance to keep people up. (remember this was pre WoW-style group dynamics)

As far as advice for what to do, just start doing something combat wise or crafting, and see how you like it, the nice thing about SWG is you can always change what you're doing and remove skills that you have learned to free up other classes
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 07:00:16 pm by Vactor »

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2010, 07:15:18 pm »

Hmm I think I'll make a scout.
A scout/marksmen/artisan/bounty hunter/weaponsmith to be exact.

Does my plan make sense?
Because I'm not quite sure how multiclassing works in this game.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2010, 07:17:17 pm »

Does my plan make sense?

You buy skill levels in the unlocked trees with your XP, and have a total cap of how many skill levels you can have (each skill level being worth a certain amount). You can reclass and forget a skill at any time essentially.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2010, 07:30:09 pm »

Does my plan make sense?

you'll only get enough skill points to fill up 3 full class trees, if i were you i'd put the artisan/weaponsmith into an alt (on the same account, multi-accounting is banned) and do the scout marksman BH on your main.  Master BH is decent, you can  dizzy/knockdown to CC people, and use Eye Shot to attack enemy's mind bar.  I'll be setting up a charachter probably tonight.  I'll be doing an Imperial Rodian, and most likely eventually setting up shop at the imperial base on Talus, (lax zoning rules makes it the closest you can build to coronet)

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2010, 07:44:43 pm »

So how is the emu? I've always wanted to try pre-NGE galaxies.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2010, 07:48:08 pm »

Well I'll start out as a crafter.

I'm still a bit confused about all the ressources you can find.

Are some of them the same ingredient, just different qualities?
How many specializations can I max out as an crafter and which ones are the most useful?
And should I redistrubute stats at the beginning?

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2010, 08:03:18 pm »

if you go pure crafter you can do 2 master professions, i'm planning on doing a weaponsmith/armorsmith alt, and my friend that used to play is signing up and is probably going to do architect/cook alt.  Doing medical crafting and selling the buffs was pretty lucrative.  As far as the materials go, its the best crafting system ever made imo, materials have multiple classifications, so you can have metals, within that you have coppers and irons etc, within each of them you have types of copper and types of iron, and then you have the named spawns that have qualites based on a range inherent to each type of copper or iron.  This probably dosen't make much sense now, but its very in depth, and each spawn of a material only exists in the gameworld for a certain period of time before new spawns with their own qualities show up.  These attributes feed into the quality of the end product.  So having a stockpile of a particular spawn with the highest stats ever spawned is very lucrative.   One of the big skills you'll want for crafting is experimentation, having 10 experimentation allows you to make better end products.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2010, 08:58:01 pm »

if you go pure crafter you can do 2 master professions, i'm planning on doing a weaponsmith/armorsmith alt, and my friend that used to play is signing up and is probably going to do architect/cook alt.  Doing medical crafting and selling the buffs was pretty lucrative.  As far as the materials go, its the best crafting system ever made imo, materials have multiple classifications, so you can have metals, within that you have coppers and irons etc, within each of them you have types of copper and types of iron, and then you have the named spawns that have qualites based on a range inherent to each type of copper or iron.  This probably dosen't make much sense now, but its very in depth, and each spawn of a material only exists in the gameworld for a certain period of time before new spawns with their own qualities show up.  These attributes feed into the quality of the end product.  So having a stockpile of a particular spawn with the highest stats ever spawned is very lucrative.   One of the big skills you'll want for crafting is experimentation, having 10 experimentation allows you to make better end products.

Good in that case I'll be doing drioid engineering/shipwright.

Could you tell me, where you will be starting out and what your name is?
I could need some help at the beginning.

But before that I have to get some sleep.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2010, 09:24:28 pm »

Good in that case I'll be doing drioid engineering/shipwright.

Could you tell me, where you will be starting out and what your name is?
I could need some help at the beginning.

But before that I have to get some sleep.
I don't think space is in for one reason or another, unfortunately.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2010, 10:12:49 pm »

I'll be getting this soon, and as a bonus for my own morality perfectly legitimately  :D

I'm definitely going to be taking up a career as a droid engineer. For some reason constantly trying to make better and better models of droid really appeals to me. I'll also probably become a Rebel, because the idea of constructing Rebel bases on every square inch of a planet also appeals to me. I read so much about this game that sounded awesome that I just HAD to save up so I could play it. Then the NGE came out, and my world and dreams shattered.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2010, 12:41:42 am »

I'm hanging around coronet right now until i get my feet on the ground as "Nifa" (my old char name Nifo was already taken)  feel free to look me up

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10