Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Isratin  (Read 634 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Isratin
« on: July 17, 2010, 07:37:28 pm »

I remembered a long time ago, when people of Bay12Games was working for a story for a roguelike Mechanized Warrior torunment game, that Aqizzar proposed having Israel being a faction, fighting off against an oil rich Caliphate. That got me thinking about how many games, set in the far future, would handle the decliate issue of Israel. A strong, mighty Israeli army that fight off all enemies might cause people to allege "anti-semitism" for describing Israel as fascist, while having a two-state solution would cause others to dismiss the game as being too naive.

Frequently, I have been thinking of the Isratin[/b] proposal made by Libya (basically, a "one-state solution" where Israelis and Palestinains live together in a secular democratic state). While unrealistic and just plain unpopular, it seems so rather hilarlious that I want to know if any video games explored the concept.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Isratin
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 10:45:13 am »

It wasn't in the far future, closer to the near present at this point, but I somewhat liked the portrayal of Israel in World War Z. It was seriously unrealistic unless the leadership and attitudes there change dramatically, but it was a nice thought.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Like I said, I don't see any of that happening realistically, even giving the zombie invasion the benefit of the doubt. Israel is too prejudiced in too many different ways to allow that to happen. Also while I'm sure they also have plenty of supplies stashed away, I don't see them managing to overcome an extended seige without outside support. *cough*U.S.*cough*