Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.11 Released  (Read 60781 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.11 Released
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2010, 02:48:24 pm »

I'm seeing an occasional crash in the arena when creating a dwarf. At first I thought it was something that was done with changing over to the latest version of the Maydays graphics pack, but then I got a crash with the origional vanilla creature_standard raws. I'm not sure what it is as the first time it was when I made a dwarf with all possible skills and no weapon and the second time it was a dwarf with no skills and a weapon.

It doesn't seem to be happening again, but it does seem random and it leaves no error message.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 02:55:46 pm by smjjames »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2010, 03:04:04 pm »

No idea how unusual this is, but I have five pages of civs. And most of them are in a few, hyperconcentrated areas.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2010, 03:08:08 pm »

No idea how unusual this is, but I have five pages of civs. And most of them are in a few, hyperconcentrated areas.

That's interesting.  Are they mostly human civs?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2010, 03:15:09 pm »

Will have to check. Seems like it though.

EDIT: Also, the entire world seems covered with snow.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2010, 03:17:11 pm »

Are you talking about the legends screen or the civ screen in Fort Mode? The list of civs includes all the local governments.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2010, 03:18:53 pm »

Are you talking about the legends screen or the civ screen in Fort Mode? The list of civs includes all the local governments.

That's it. Still doesn't explain why the entire world is covered with snow.

EDIT: Genned new world. Only the top 2/3rds are covered with snow. What a relief.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 03:24:54 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2010, 03:24:35 pm »

That's it. Still doesn't explain why the entire world is covered with snow.

Yea I'm getting the 'entire world covered in snow' thing when you look at the map in legends mode, pretty annoying. It was suppoused to be fixed for .31, but I guess not. Nobodys complained because it was like that in 40D, so I guess when Toady has tackled the bigger stuff, he can check that out.

Actually, if you have bumped up your max temp in advanced worldgen settings, it won't show up in areas that would be marked as scorching and hot on the embark screen.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2010, 03:31:48 pm »

It doesn't seem to be happening again, but it does seem random and it leaves no error message.
Since that bug seems to include playing Fortress mode before entering arena mode, did you play Fortress mode beforehand?

Also, since one of the fixes involved the giant earthworm, may I be so bold and point out that it was (and still is) one of the underground creatures that doesn't actually spawn?
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2010, 03:34:12 pm »

Since that bug seems to include playing Fortress mode before entering arena mode, did you play Fortress mode beforehand?

Also, since one of the fixes involved the giant earthworm, may I be so bold and point out that it was (and still is) one of the underground creatures that doesn't actually spawn?

I did a bit before the first one I think, but maybe not the second time.

Haldor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2010, 03:38:03 pm »

I'm getting crashes too :(

I have a military of 4 all training at the same time, and a caravan has just arrived, but i'm not sure which is causing the crash. Since there's nothing new for caravans, i'm guessing that one of the military training fixes has caused a crash soewhere

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2010, 03:47:49 pm »

I have yet to test out everything, but judging from what I'm hearing about the training crashes sounds like Toady's got another session of quick fixing to do. So I guess I wait and see about a .12 which I guess could be in.... a few hours...or tomorrow maybe?
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2010, 03:52:42 pm »

I'm getting a lot of soldiers unable to do their jobs for some reason. Their job becomes this and they don't, for example, follow their kill order, or in this case, this marksdwarf doesn't go to shoot at the archery range.

Edit: I reported this on the tracker just now
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 04:03:55 pm by Orkel »
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2010, 03:53:24 pm »

Ha! Now I have a save where it crashes within ~5 minutes :(

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2010, 04:12:13 pm »

Odd numbered releases seem to be a bit unlucky with murphys law this release cycle for some reason. :P

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2010, 04:21:49 pm »

I'm getting crashes too :(

I have a military of 4 all training at the same time, and a caravan has just arrived, but i'm not sure which is causing the crash. Since there's nothing new for caravans, i'm guessing that one of the military training fixes has caused a crash soewhere
My game went fine for 1.2 years, when i set my 2 squads to training it crashed shortly after.
1 Squad was created way before, so i'm pretty sure it's something training related. Caravans were going fine.

EDIT: HOLY CARP MY RE-ESTABLISHED SQUAD* IS _SPARRING_!

*2nd immigration wave not yet arrived, previously i set up 2 squads and later set them to train in the same barracks.

Edit2: BLERGH now i've got a tower cap splint as first artifact instead of a horse bone cabinet :|
O well, at least it didnt crash so far... still 3 months to go to last crash time.

Edit3: crashed again, long before the last time.
Crash:
AppName: dwarf fortress.exe    AppVer: 0.0.0.0    ModName: msvcr90.dll
ModVer: 9.0.30729.4148    Offset: 0006ccb5
Errorlog:
Midmap effective coordinate check out of bounds
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 05:01:47 pm by Lord Snow »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13