Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38

Author Topic: Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead  (Read 50371 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2011, 08:15:20 am »

tactics that keep you alive in Arma are much like modern military training. 3-5 second rush, which means run for 3-5 seconds, then drop prone and cover your buddy while he does the same and repeat. Always run to concealment(shrubs or tall grass) or cover(walls, trees, vehicles) even if it means making your trip longer. In vehicles use the terrain to get in position to observe the next area without exposing too much of yourself and still allowing you a good angle to attack. In helicopters pop up from behind hills and mark targets before quickly dropping back down.

This game isn't about killing 30 men, it's about executing your job safely and efficiently.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2011, 02:19:50 pm »

Oh yeah, I should probably put this up

The ARMA2 Bible

it's a good read, and some of the stuff mentioned here can be applied to some other games.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2011, 07:13:58 am »

Im up to running some coop missions or if there is some good clan that does CTI/Coop playing.
I only have Arma2 for now.

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2011, 07:20:13 am »

The server I play on is run by awpaholic, they run a custom Warfare, sorta like CTI (I think) I'm Calvin McGowan on the forum and in game and teamspeak.

www.awpaholica.com
I've played a guitar with my penis.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2011, 11:22:53 am »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2011, 04:11:35 pm »

I think I wouldn't mind running some coop as well. The AI is... well, let's just say, sometimes they're just fine, and sometimes they decide to run their APC straight up a cliff and get it stuck.

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2011, 04:14:14 pm »

I think we could play one of this missions

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2011, 06:41:41 pm »

I know how to make respawns =3
I know how to make fully time-synchronized persistent missions. It's not easy, especially when you try to make a living world too.

And, Hemmingjay, that DLC rumour seems to revolve around the original ArmA 2. Do you think they'd release a DLC for the original game?
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2011, 09:55:02 pm »

I picked up Arma 2 for $8 on the Steam sale this past week...I'm now wishing I'd picked up the combined pack; I'm loving this game to death.  I don't suppose there's any way to get OA without paying the extra $40 on Steam?  No sales or breaks for owners of Arma 2?

KG

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2011, 11:27:05 am »

I like the way those LITE missions look. Let's see if we can plan a B12 game sometime soon.

You know what might be neat- I'm not really big on the AMRA2 community, so I don't know if anything like this already exists- but basically a persistent multiplayer sandbox.

It could be anything from a multiplayer variant of the Flashpoint missions to an elaborate capture-point based war complete with base building and AI-assigned instant missions.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2011, 03:01:10 pm »

Does anybody have a list of must-have mods for standalone ArmA 2 with download links?

Most of the must-have mods apparent from the community, like CBA and ACE, seem to be updated to Operation Arrowhead and Combined Operations and none of my efforts to get any available version of them working with this copy of ArmA2St have been successful.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2011, 03:36:03 pm »

I was going to ask around if people prefer ARMA2 St or combined operations.

I want to run a game this weekend and I can do either. I guess I'll need a mission, too...

EDIT: Generic Warfare mode, so we can have basebuilding? Ideally it would be something that can just run all day and people can drop in and drop out from... The best thing I can think of would be to have a prebuilt base for BLUFOR and OPFOR which spawns all the basic vehicles and toys and then have a bunch of AI troops patroling around for players to gang up on.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 03:49:53 pm by PTTG?? »

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2011, 03:46:20 pm »

i much prefer CO for the stability and performance. I'm just one vote though

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2011, 04:23:18 pm »

Same here, CO runs better on my machine. If my dad's working I could use his computer (it's better) though. Also, I prefer some nice cooperative mission than warfare

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2011, 04:37:16 pm »

I'd prefer to have a less than formal mission to avoid alienating anyone- plus, I'm not exactly a pro myself. And I want to keep it running the whole day because arranging for people to join all at once is a fool's errand.

I'll keep looking for some kind of mission like that- I have a feeling that something along those lines HAS to exist somewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38