Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38

Author Topic: Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead  (Read 50014 times)

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
Re: Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
« Reply #255 on: August 03, 2011, 01:49:51 pm »

I wonder, is there an Insurgency mission mode for Chernarus?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #256 on: August 03, 2011, 01:54:14 pm »

I know there is a "rebels" campaign.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 03, 2011, 02:09:36 pm »

I know there is a "rebels" campaign.
Not quite what I'm looking for. Insurgency is a tactical co-op persistent mode that takes hours to clear. It provides much more infantry challenge and minimalizes air use except for traffic, and has some decently clever AI (these ones actually know how to hide on occasion :P). Teams must clear areas of insurgents to secure intel and help uncover enemy weapons caches to destroy, while players can also be on the insurgent side and lay booby traps as well as aid the AI forces. Good fun. But sadly doesn't seem to exist for vanilla ARMA 2. http://dev-heaven.net/projects/insurgency

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 03, 2011, 04:31:35 pm »

I couldn't even find your server, even when searching specifically for it.

Very odd...it's up and running right now if you want to give it another stab.  If you want to try by IP, it's 74.136.255.7 right now, and I keep kg333.dyndns.org pointed at my IP at all times.  If you still have trouble, add me on Steam and I'll try to work with you.

The chat button is /, or caps lock for voice chat.

Also, ',' or '.' scrolls through channels to determine who you're talking to, be that everyone, your side, your squad, your vehicle, or just the general area around you.

Interesting, the last bit makes your voice directional, if you use the ingame voice chat, and you also become harder to hear as you get farther away.

KG

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 03, 2011, 05:17:18 pm »

I'll be hanging around for a bit if anyone wants to turn up for another game.
Other than that, I guess we should organise the next game?
I know 6PM (-5GMT) is quite late, but it seems to work well for a time... For me at least.

But then again, most of the time is free for me anyway.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 04, 2011, 11:47:47 pm »

I'm thinking I'll host again for Tuesday August 9th, and most likely again at 6PM EST (2300 GMT).  If anyone has a map they'd like to do, send me a PM before then and I'll get it loaded up; just try to keep to maps that don't need mods so the ArmA Free players can still come.

KG

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 07, 2011, 11:11:19 am »

I'm thinking I'll host again for Tuesday August 9th, and most likely again at 6PM EST (2300 GMT).  If anyone has a map they'd like to do, send me a PM before then and I'll get it loaded up; just try to keep to maps that don't need mods so the ArmA Free players can still come.

KG
Bump for great... Knowledge of date we're going to be playing!
Also, I haven't made any maps for vanilla ArmA2, and I haven't really looked into any others yet. But the map we played last time, we never completed, so I guess we could try that map again with a little bit more tactic.
I don't mind though, I'm up for trying anything.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #262 on: August 07, 2011, 11:13:21 am »

I'd prefer a smaller map, really. While it was fun, we never actually managed to find their base. Unless that ninja ICBM in fact wiped it off the face of the map.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 07, 2011, 12:53:50 pm »

Agreed.
Also, smaller maps are good for framerate, I'm pretty sure.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 07, 2011, 01:24:29 pm »

There should be another BE map for Utes, the other smaller vanilla Arma 2 map, which we can try.  There's several other maps I don't recognize in the pack, but I'm not sure if that'll break compatibility for the free players.

Also, I found how to increase the starting cash even further, so that should solve the money troubles.  :D

KG

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 07, 2011, 02:02:59 pm »

Have you found a way to have a higher squad member count?
It'd be cool if there could be an entire armored convoy, complete with ATV and Humvee outriders, and tanks, and APCs, along with Attack Helicopter support and air transports, all controlled by one player.

cameron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 07, 2011, 02:37:58 pm »

afaik there is no limit on squad size, its just however many units are grouped together.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 07, 2011, 03:39:08 pm »

afaik there is no limit on squad size, its just however many units are grouped together.
One this map, there's cap of 8 to a squad, it's so people don't do exactly what News just described.

However, if we grouped together, we could probably do it. which would be more fun, because player controlled vehicles move more randomly than AI controlled vehicles. Which, naturally reminds you you're playing with living people rather than just the computer as always!

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 07, 2011, 03:51:19 pm »

Have you found a way to have a higher squad member count?
It'd be cool if there could be an entire armored convoy, complete with ATV and Humvee outriders, and tanks, and APCs, along with Attack Helicopter support and air transports, all controlled by one player.

I'd left it at eight for the first run, since I wasn't sure how my comp would handle several players with 20+ man squads.  Since everything seemed to hold up ok though, I'll pull out all the stops this time.

KG

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 07, 2011, 04:42:41 pm »

Thanks KG.
I probably won't do all of what I described, maybe just a full Osprey or two.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38