Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38

Author Topic: Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead  (Read 50006 times)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
« Reply #360 on: August 24, 2011, 04:28:06 pm »

So if I became interested and had the retail versions of ArmA 2 and OA, what patches would I need and all that? Can I just install the latest one or what?
inteuniso's server runs the latest OA (1.59) in CO mode (which is, again, just loading the original game's assets as a "mod" -- you don't even need the executable itself -- actually, I'm not sure if it even verifies that you even have an authentic CD-key for the original game...  but I won't get into that here)
If you bought retail copies?  Yeah, that'd be a fairly significant download.
Probably not as much as the 15ish GB of Steam downloading if you bought the games there, but...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 04:30:39 pm by Jay »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 24, 2011, 06:36:20 pm »

I think most places will have the game patched to the most recent version.  It's about $30 (depending on Euro exchange rate) right now from the developer, but it will be a full 15GB download from them too.

KG

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 08, 2011, 10:59:44 pm »

All the ARMA games are on sale over at GamersGate.

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/games?prio=relevance&q=armaweekend

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 11, 2011, 08:10:37 pm »

So we kind of totally petered out on this, however, I've been itching to get a game going recently. Sometime tomorrow afternoon maybe? Anybody interested?
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 13, 2011, 08:08:53 pm »

Sorry I missed yesterday...I made the mistake of starting into Shores of Hazeron, and it ate my soul.  :-\  I can try to hop on later this week if there's a game going though.

KG

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 13, 2011, 09:56:31 pm »

Lol @ Shores of Hazeron........if it ever ran well it would mean the end of the human race. Who would have time to eat, sleep or procreate. The only reason we still exist is because after 2-3 hours you get so frustrated at lag and bad AI that you leave it alone for days at a time.

Back on topic, would love to join up with one of these. I have crudely played some of the online co-op and messed about with PR but would love to play with a good group if my ping won't make it unbearable(east coast US).
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 14, 2011, 02:46:16 pm »

Well, our typical host is also on the east coast, though we have a few UK players. Though we've all been swept up into the wave of Sengoku for now. But that'll pass and then we'll have to occupy ourselves while we wait for the next big release. Experience isn't an issue. The first online game of ARMA I played was with these folks, and I'm apparently a total badass by those standards.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 30, 2011, 03:13:48 pm »

I'd be up for a game at some point.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #368 on: September 30, 2011, 03:50:59 pm »

As would I. And I have a mic too, so you get to hear my dulcet tones.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 18, 2011, 09:11:33 pm »

Howdy Folks,

The DFC crew is planning to play some good ol' Combined Ops tomorrow afternoon (Starting around 1700 EST).

You can always find us in the DFC steam chat, and on the DFC teamspeak server. We'd love to have any and all attend.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 19, 2011, 01:58:30 am »

You guys should try out Project reality mod.
60'ish players on game peak hours ( max 80 ) on Tacticgamers server.
Best in this is that there aint no AI and therfore working in squads is only way to go.
Really fun mod and alot voip used.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 19, 2011, 09:19:28 am »

Just posting to say I'd be interested in a game with other Bay12ers, so if anyone feels like getting a server up that would be great. Except...
(Starting around 1700 EST)
For ones around this sort of time, because I am in GMT, and want to be sleeping soon after that.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 19, 2011, 01:52:28 pm »

That is unfortunate, Spaghetti, most of us are east-coast Americans. That said, on the weekends we'd likely be able to do them in a time that better suits you.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #373 on: October 19, 2011, 02:52:23 pm »

What's the teamspeak IP etc.?

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 19, 2011, 03:42:26 pm »

From the thread:

IP: kaelserver.dyndns.org
port: 9987
pass: ask Kael

You already know the password, Simmura. For anyone who doesn't, you can PM me I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38