Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.15 Released  (Read 25042 times)

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.15 Released
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2010, 07:35:48 am »

Baron! Baron! Dwarves want baron fixed!

There is a workaround for the baron (which is not to say it shouldn't be bug-fixed by Toady, but still, if you want one, you can do it).

When you've met the wealth and export criteria and a dwarven caravan/liaison show up, prevent your leader from meeting with the liaison until the caravan has left the map entirely.  (Draft the mayor into the military, or lock him in a room far from the liaison, or lock the liaison into a room far from the mayor, or all of the above.)  Once the last merchant has left the map (one of the guards might stay behind and become a "Friendly" instead of a "Merchant", but it still works), then you can allow the liaison and the mayor to meet.  The liaison will let you become a barony and appoint a baron(ess).

This still won't enable any other nobles to show up though, like the Tax Collector, or

And dungeon master!

... that.

And annoying soap/washing spam too.

Workaround: make sure all soap is stored in the hospital coffers.  Any soap that's not in the hospital should be forbidden.

And probably some other stuff I cannot think of right now. 8)

Inability to use crutches (leg-loss dwarves are permanent invalids).

Inability to use plaster correctly.

Planted underground crops disappearing just after season change.

No elven/human diplomats.

No wagons in caravans.

I've probably forgotten something important, but those are the major ones for me personally, that I can think of right now.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

somerandomlogin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2010, 07:52:06 am »

There is a workaround for the baron (which is not to say it shouldn't be bug-fixed by Toady, but still, if you want one, you can do it).

Yeah, I know. I've read about it somewhere else, right after caravan and liason arrived. Well, I guess I'll try it next game year.
Carthage must be destroyed.
Bugs must be destroyed. Implementing new features without fixing known bugs and issues is wrong.

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2010, 09:04:08 am »

Any word on getting bone and shell into a separate pile all on their own without the miscellaneous stuff in there? (This bug: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=95 )

The change away from specific item types made this more annoying to set up, but I'll get to it.

Woo! Thanks!
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]