Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 127

Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 169150 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #630 on: November 09, 2010, 01:28:05 pm »

Dead people count, so you should get an attack.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 09, 2010, 02:04:54 pm »

Wow....

there i finished the pump now i dont want any more complaints about selfish play

Guess what we were saving up for... Some people don't read forums...

Well tonight might be my last night, who thinks that a joint suicide by all bay12ers who are in a goingnowhere town getting into the same town cause they die2nite isn't a bad idea???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 09, 2010, 02:12:01 pm »

Hah...

My town desperately needs to find an unshaped concrete blocks.  We don't have one at all.

Before some douche decides its a good idea to build something else.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 09, 2010, 02:21:28 pm »

I think I'd be glad to join with any B12ers that have unfortunate "accidents" tonight. It happens. I mean, who really knew walking around at night coulda killed you?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 09, 2010, 02:35:39 pm »

I will be taking the long walk tonight... Who will join me...

"Together in their different towns, dwarves all over the world responded to Armok's call, they left the safety of their homes and walked into the desert, the zombies did not bother them nor did they stop them as night fell. They grew never weary and walked for time on end. Blessed be those that walk to the Song of Armok..."
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 09, 2010, 02:45:52 pm »

Foolishly I left the town without taking food with me, I wish I read the manual before clicking around :)
I have some water at least so I should be able to get back (how much ap does it restore?)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: November 09, 2010, 02:47:41 pm »

It restores full AP, don't use it unless you don't have any AP left.

"Together in their different towns, dwarves all over the world responded to Armok's call, they left the safety of their homes and walked into the desert, the zombies did not bother them nor did they stop them as night fell. They grew never weary and walked for time on end. Blessed be those that walk to the Song of Armok..."
I will walk to cure zombies.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: November 09, 2010, 03:02:23 pm »

I'm taking a walk too, this town's left a bad taste in my mouth for some reason. Used the EMS on myself and moved out of town :D

Now I'm at [0,-3] with Neyvn I think. Going to just go as far south as I can go.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 09, 2010, 03:47:09 pm »

You got stuck with zombies and tried to run didn't you?
Yeah.  In addition to the overworld screen being confusing (why isn't the map expanded by default?  Why doesn't the map tell you when you're about to walk into a zombie filled square?) the actual zombie attack screen is odd.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 09, 2010, 04:57:49 pm »

You got stuck with zombies and tried to run didn't you?
Yeah.  In addition to the overworld screen being confusing (why isn't the map expanded by default?  Why doesn't the map tell you when you're about to walk into a zombie filled square?) the actual zombie attack screen is odd.
You will see yellow/red squares if its already explored and they have zeds in them.
If it has not been explored, you will see the /// thing indicating that.  You can't know if there are or not any zeds there until you or someone else walks into it.

I can't say anything about the expanded by default, I've always checked the expanded view before doing anything.

Also, may Jah have mercy on all your souls.  The dead will not.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: November 09, 2010, 05:21:12 pm »

The important part isn't when you die, it is when you click "reincarnate". Make sure you guys do THAT at the same time. I may or may not join you guys. My town has a couple of really whiny leaders, but I think I will tough it out.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 09, 2010, 05:35:26 pm »

The important part isn't when you die, it is when you click "reincarnate". Make sure you guys do THAT at the same time. I may or may not join you guys. My town has a couple of really whiny leaders, but I think I will tough it out.

Yeah, but overall it's actually going pretty well. Better than The Boiling Highlands, at least. I think we have a shot of actually surviving to day 4 or 5.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 09, 2010, 05:52:01 pm »

If this is the case then we need a couple of heroes to make groups and have all them spawn at the same time (as they'll drag their members with them) that way we should be able to form a town heavy on the b12.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: November 09, 2010, 05:53:30 pm »

My town actually survived the attack. We've got a heck of a town going so long as no one builds the pump.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 09, 2010, 06:01:17 pm »

Well, I survived, but we lost ELEVEN people to the wilderness and two people from their beds.

Also, I'm now infected and terrorized.

Apart from that, it's going just great.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 127