Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 127

Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 169155 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #1725 on: December 07, 2010, 05:41:54 pm »

Yes, obviously the person who said they were going to close the gate did not. Blargh.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: December 07, 2010, 05:45:30 pm »

Yes, obviously the person who said they were going to close the gate did not. Blargh.

I've decided that, barring days where I won't be on around attack time, I'm *always* going to save an AP to close the gate if needed. I just can't rely on other people to do it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: December 07, 2010, 05:55:58 pm »

I managed to survive into day 3! woohoo. theres 14 of us left, we lost 16 in this nights attack. We have some defences but not neaaarly enough... and no workshop. We need to get our shit together and get ourselves a workshop today

on an unrelated note. How important is it to get rid of all the dead bodies? :P

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: December 07, 2010, 05:58:08 pm »

I managed to survive into day 3! woohoo. theres 14 of us left, we lost 16 in this nights attack. We have some defences but not neaaarly enough... and no workshop. We need to get our shit together and get ourselves a workshop today

Fun things happen if you don't.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: December 07, 2010, 06:03:44 pm »

I died it seems, infection. On the plus side I killed a zombie with my bare hands :)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

SquidgyB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: December 07, 2010, 07:39:47 pm »

I died it seems, infection. On the plus side I killed a zombie with my bare hands :)

you're doin it wrong.

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: December 07, 2010, 09:35:30 pm »

Fun things happen if you don't.
They are nice as "surprises" for the guy who yanks all the defense items out of the bank and builds a fort.

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: December 08, 2010, 01:08:41 am »

you're doin it wrong.
Not necessarily.  If you (Like me) go to rescue someone, wait 40 minutes for them to get online so they can escape with you, get called to go the store, then find they left without bothering to check if you're actually there, call for help yourself, wait 8 hours, then have to go to bed, you pretty much are forced to escape and get wounded.  Of course Squidgy might well have just been an annoying guy who runs into a zone full of zeds, then escapes before even bothering to ask for help.

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: December 08, 2010, 02:49:45 am »

Not necessarily.  If you (Like me) go to rescue someone, wait 40 minutes for them to get online so they can escape with you, get called to go the store, then find they left without bothering to check if you're actually there, call for help yourself, wait 8 hours, then have to go to bed, you pretty much are forced to escape and get wounded.

Yeah this is why I don't rescue someone unless I can get a confirmation that they are on right now.

Or if there are only 3-4 zombies in his zone because as a guardian I can leave even the rescuee is a dick.

Edit: Also, the attack time is hard on players in Asia. Most of the town activity is centered in the few hours around the attack, and I find I'm having to set my alarm to wake me at 5 in the morning if I want to fully participate.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 09:32:39 am by Langdon »

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: December 08, 2010, 02:51:57 am »

Yeah this is why I don't rescue someone unless I can get a confirmation that they are on right now.

Or if there are only 3-4 zombies in his zone because as a guardian I can leave even the rescuee is a dick.
I got to where he was two effing minutes after he called for help too -.-

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: December 08, 2010, 03:19:31 am »

you're doin it wrong.

Yes, but I still killed a zombie with my bare hands.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: December 08, 2010, 09:20:44 am »

Not necessarily.  If you (Like me) go to rescue someone, wait 40 minutes for them to get online so they can escape with you, get called to go the store, then find they left without bothering to check if you're actually there, call for help yourself, wait 8 hours, then have to go to bed, you pretty much are forced to escape and get wounded.

I never go out unless I get a confirmation they are on 'now'.

Exceptions are people I consider reliable enough to stick with me and know for a fact that we will get on the same time later.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

SquidgyB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: December 08, 2010, 02:25:15 pm »

you're doin it wrong.

Yes, but I still killed a zombie with my bare hands.

I'll give you that.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: December 08, 2010, 02:27:21 pm »

... It'll take days/towns of grinding to get a title for punching zombies...

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: December 08, 2010, 05:01:43 pm »

I think I may Die2Nite and am getting tired of these dead end towns that can't build a Workshop on day 1. We have non-guardians running around alone getting trapped by zombies and wasting AP/Time. In my latest most people are just sitting outside AFK as the zombie hordes approach. One person hasn't even picked their class. I sorta look forward to dying now so I can try again to find a decent town.

Decided to ask here if you guys have any Coalitions willing to invite another since I noticed a lot of Bay12 interest in this game. If not, I'm also a Hero so I can make my own Coalition if some of you want to play together.

In-game name is Jachu.

EDIT: Turns out we did survive the night, even if 2 zombies managed to make it past on Day 1. I still want to help put together a coalition for the future.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 05:35:26 pm by Glowcat »
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 127