Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 127

Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 169139 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #1740 on: December 08, 2010, 05:12:44 pm »

It is time, then. People have reached the point.

A new thread will be born, and there, plans will be made.

THE BAY12 MEGA-COALITION THREAD

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: December 08, 2010, 10:49:42 pm »

In my latest most people are just sitting outside AFK as the zombie hordes approach.

Err I may be wrong but isn't this the commonly accepted scavenger procedure - pick a square early in the morning, just after the attack, sit on it AFK for the rest of the day (or until it is depleted) then come back to the town  a few hours before the attack carrying the goods you've dug up?

Or do you mean they never come back to town and get eaten in the attack?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: December 08, 2010, 11:14:40 pm »

9 of them never came back.  3 got stuck/ran out of AP.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: December 08, 2010, 11:20:21 pm »

This one. I posted that right before the end of the day and people were sitting right outside when the gate should be closed, without any post to indicate they needed more time for a search. I blame that problem more on apathy than stupidity though. Still rather annoying that people would join a town only to get themselves killed on the first day.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: December 08, 2010, 11:21:32 pm »

This one. I posted that right before the end of the day and people were sitting right outside when the gate should be closed, without any post to indicate they needed more time for a search. I blame that problem more on apathy than stupidity though. Still rather annoying that people would join a town only to get themselves killed on the first day.
But of course that's what 90% of players of the game seem to do, at this point  :-\

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: December 09, 2010, 03:26:10 am »

I actually blame this one on different timezones. Apparently 23:00 game time is 5:00 PM EST, so Americans on the East Coast would just be coming off work. On numerous occasions we had people logging in just after the gates closed, unable to enter (because of the portal lock) claiming they just got home from work. If you don't have Internet access at your workplace, and you get unplanned overtime, then you're screwed.

In my case I make sure to come back to town at 18:00 or so because of my timezone - I can see someone playing from Asia not being able to come back inside in time because he/she wasn't able to login at 4 AM. Doing so cuts short my scavenging autosearch time by several hours, and prevents me from coordinating with many players who are active around 20:00-3:00.

The game seems to be targeted towards European users right now.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: December 09, 2010, 11:29:29 am »

Oh wow. I'm the first person to join this town. The cave of the shunned.

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: December 09, 2010, 01:08:08 pm »

Oh wow. I'm the first person to join this town. The cave of the shunned.

Did you join that new town four hours before the attack?

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: December 09, 2010, 03:29:42 pm »

5 hours

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: December 09, 2010, 05:02:40 pm »

5 hours

Ouch, my first town right after beta was like that.

Hope it didn't fill up before the attack tonight.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: December 09, 2010, 05:42:57 pm »

I don't know what the threshold for attacks is now, but my first town (post-beta) only had 36 people at midnight and we got attacked.

So...you may be in for some pain.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1751 on: December 09, 2010, 06:03:58 pm »

10 people dead by the horde, 2 to dehydration. And most of the remainders are terrified, such as myself after being attacked by 4 zombies (a load of people started making shacks rather than temporary defences, and since we no longer had enough planks left to do anything else I used them). So only 7 left now, and pretty much no materials. Still it is day 10, which is fairly impressive on it's own.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: December 09, 2010, 06:13:32 pm »

I do wish they had different servers for different continents.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLYING_SPAGHETTI_MONSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: December 09, 2010, 09:34:32 pm »

My town is now fucked. Some guy named rubencolll opened the gates right before the piston lock time, no one noticed/was on, and half of our population died. Down to 13 people on day 3, 10 of which are terrorized.
"I can't bleed to death now, I don't have time!"
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: December 09, 2010, 09:45:19 pm »

My town is now fucked. Some guy named rubencolll opened the gates right before the piston lock time, no one noticed/was on, and half of our population died. Down to 13 people on day 3, 10 of which are terrorized.

I thought piston lock closed the gate automatically at 22:30? Maybe you mean portal lock?

That sucks, regardless. This is why we close the gates at 22:45 in our town, with at least two designated gatekeepers on duty every night. Sometimes we even wait until 22:50 to give a chance to people to come back online. There are too many people out to screw the town over just for lulz.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 127