Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 127

Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 169135 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #1770 on: December 11, 2010, 08:48:07 am »

No, Langdon! Join the Bay12 town! We waaaant youuuuuu! You sound like you're good at this!

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: December 11, 2010, 10:40:29 am »

Add me to that town if you can, names Mysteriousbluepuppet. That town aint half bad, oinly 19 stupid died before day 2

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: December 11, 2010, 10:51:24 am »

No, Langdon! Join the Bay12 town! We waaaant youuuuuu! You sound like you're good at this!

I would if I was playing after this town. Unfortunately I'm quitting - 23:00 is 6 AM in HKT, and I'm realizing I don't want to keep setting my alarm early just to play a web game.

Maybe I'll try it again in a couple of months when I'm back in the US.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: December 11, 2010, 11:51:22 am »

I would if I was playing after this town. Unfortunately I'm quitting - 23:00 is 6 AM in HKT, and I'm realizing I don't want to keep setting my alarm early just to play a web game.

Maybe I'll try it again in a couple of months when I'm back in the US.
Solution: Don't bother getting up at 6AM for a game.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: December 11, 2010, 11:59:31 am »

Uh... you don't have to be there at gate closing to play, you know? Expeditions run throughout the day, if those are what you prefer, and if you build it doesn't really matter when you get on. :/

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: December 11, 2010, 04:51:38 pm »

Playing with a guy right now, apparently he didn't like how people were following my polite suggestions rather than his rude orders.
After I called bullshit on him when he started to tell people that the well is poisoned if you get the gazette message about a zombie in the well, he really became pissed.
Then I posted a thread saying that we should try and keep our differences private and work together for the good of the town, even more pissed.

So pissed, in fact, that he made a group of newbie scouts who didn't know any better leave me and some poor guy, who wasn't involved in our little feud at all, alone and trapped in a 8 zombie sector, 6 sectors away from home through 6 zombie sectors.
Funny though, between the two of us, me and the poor bastard who got sacrificed just to get at me, we had just enough resources to make it back to town unharmed.
So asshole player gets banished/shunned for trying to murder 2 residents, he then proceeds to edit one of the PMs we exchanged and post it in town forums, trying to make it look like I lied about him leaving us there!

Up until that point, it was good fun, having a feud of sorts within the confines of the games rules, but then the asshole goes and falsifies information just to get me.
And for what?
As far as I can tell, simply because he wanted people to be doing his bidding and got angry at me because I voiced my disagreement when I thought he was wrong about something.

If anyone ever ends up in a town with Arrakisdef, don't trust him. He's a bullshitting liar and I'm pretty sure if we hadn't gotten him banished, he probably would've locked the gate on our 6 man scouting party just to get me.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1776 on: December 11, 2010, 04:57:12 pm »

I have to say, my current town (Dune of Armageddon) is by far the best I've ever been in. Everyone is cooperating, AP is being used efficiently, no one has built anything more than a tent, we've got an incredible amount of stuff built for the third day, and I think we're going to last a long time. What incredible luck to land in a town with good players!

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: December 11, 2010, 05:10:44 pm »

Uh... you don't have to be there at gate closing to play, you know? Expeditions run throughout the day, if those are what you prefer, and if you build it doesn't really matter when you get on. :/

Yeah in my previous towns it wasn't so bad, but in this one it seems I'm the only one who's coordinating construction, assigning expeditions, etc. If I'm not on at 20:00, it seems nobody else has the initiative to tell the town what to build (tried it yesterday, when I logged on after the attack I found someone built the barbs and lure when we were already 20 points past the max zombie estimate).

Anyway I decided to quit when I ran out of hero days yesterday - the headache I'm getting now is just reinforcing that decision.

Solution: Don't bother getting up at 6AM for a game.

I wake up at 6 AM anyway. It's that I have to wake up at 5 or 4 am now, if not I feel I'm letting the town down.

Kinda like why I stopped playing WoW, come to think of it.

As far as I can tell, simply because he wanted people to be doing his bidding and got angry at me because I voiced my disagreement when I thought he was wrong about something.

Heh, we had someone build a shack on Day 2 (one level beyond hovel) and then try to convince the rest of the town that anybody who says your planks belong to the town was a communist. He got banished quickly, but apparently was sending messages to the newer players, trying to get them to build hovels and similarly banished (I think he wanted to start an insurrection).

On Day 3 I posted an analysis of his soul page, ending in the conclusion that in his last town he was the direct cause of the town dying to zombies (apparently he yanked defensive items from the bank, causing panic and hovel-building). After that he was strangely quiet on the forum, and that night he walked out and suicided in the desert.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: December 11, 2010, 05:52:55 pm »

I have to say, my current town (Dune of Armageddon) is by far the best I've ever been in. Everyone is cooperating, AP is being used efficiently, no one has built anything more than a tent, we've got an incredible amount of stuff built for the third day, and I think we're going to last a long time. What incredible luck to land in a town with good players!

Yeah, our town is doing great.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: December 11, 2010, 06:05:16 pm »

Just a quick update on Arrakisdef, the asshole to rule assholes:

He's apparently decided to join a scavenging party and therefore assumes that now everyone in town will build the things he says are the best for construction, never mind the fact that they're poor choices, people have already agreed on other projects and we don't even have the materials for some of his suggestions.

I think, maybe, that this guy is actually delusional

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: December 11, 2010, 06:11:44 pm »

El presidente is always right, even when he is wrong.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Toriad

• Bay Watcher
  • Awkward Silence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: December 11, 2010, 06:49:11 pm »

Thats what Juanito said...

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: December 11, 2010, 07:14:16 pm »

He's apparently decided to join a scavenging party and therefore assumes that now everyone in town will build the things he says are the best for construction, never mind the fact that they're poor choices, people have already agreed on other projects and we don't even have the materials for some of his suggestions.

He's banished, and he's tagging along with a scavenging party? Maybe he's just messing with them, hoping they'll drop something important that he can grab.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: December 12, 2010, 03:26:16 pm »

He's banished, and he's tagging along with a scavenging party? Maybe he's just messing with them, hoping they'll drop something important that he can grab.

Well sort of, he brought home 2 planks and upgraded his hovel  ::)

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: December 12, 2010, 05:06:55 pm »

my current town "dreamy sanitorium" is also doing pretty well, we're going into our 4th day yet and there hasn't been a zombie comming trough since day 1 and they wont tonight aswell :D

we have 1 hero that is being sneaky 2 guys got banished and lost 5 or 6 to the desert when they never came back.

on day 1 we had, the workshop, the lock and the watchtower. now we have screaming saws and other cool stuff such as the water purifier (to go and grow food if the zombie hordes allow us to not spend evertying on defence)
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 127