Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 127

Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 169163 times)

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #1785 on: December 12, 2010, 05:23:43 pm »

My town sucks, down to 15 people on day 3 with no workshop or wall and the pretty much only active forum participant but me died tonight. I'm poisoning myself.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: December 13, 2010, 04:57:36 am »

Hacksaw day 1, noone has built anything stupid get or got themselves injured, 4 heroes all of who I know, half the town from a previous town I was in.

Looking good so far :)

There is one guy who hasn't seem to have opened his doggy bag or left town so might not be playing but otherwise it's looking good.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: December 13, 2010, 06:35:47 am »

So we're getting an incoming wave of what looks like 450+ zombies, and we're about 100 defense short. Scrambling to build temporary defenses, but we're all out of rotting logs, so everybody is sitting out in the desert autosearching.

20 of us left though on Day 7, with about 5 rations of water left in the well, so if anyone is lucky enough to survive tonight they'll die of dehydration tomorrow (unless they had the foresight to stash away a ration for future use).

It seems all the inactives and griefers have died off, though, and the town pretty much pulled together yesterday to build three defensive structures (which is why we're all exhausted and I'm not hoping to live past tonight). At least we're setting good examples for the new players in this town - after we die there will be at least fifteen new players who now know how to play the game properly.

On the other hand, there's my friend over in another town. He's one of the dreaded inactive players, only logging in every two days or so to drink water. His town just died last night at Day 9. He has 45 Soul Points now, and absolutely no distinctions whatsoever. Don't know why he doesn't have at least Last Line of Defense, maybe he died of dehydration.

Yes, that's right. He's gotten 45 points basically doing nothing (in fairness, he was in the hospital all week for gall bladder surgery - but his townmates don't know that). Right now, he has more soul points than I do.

Well sort of, he brought home 2 planks and upgraded his hovel  ::)

Only way I know how to fight griefers is to humiliate them so badly that they kill themselves rather than have everyone else laugh at them for the remaining life of the town. In this town I used the line "It seems your actions caused a drama war that ultimately killed your last town. You know why we don't like you? Nobody likes a drama queen".

I was actually hoping he'd come back with a retort so I could use the line "You think you're all cool and lone-wolfy, but you're no Mad Max. With all that whining, you sound more like Priscilla, Queen of the Desert."
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 11:14:29 am by Langdon »

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: December 13, 2010, 07:33:40 am »

He might not have done anything to help the town but he also didn't hurt it. Griefers or selfish players are much worst than inactives. He was probably lucky and got in an otherwise good town, shame he couldn't be there to help them really.
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: December 13, 2010, 07:41:18 am »

He might not have done anything to help the town but he also didn't hurt it. Griefers or selfish players are much worst than inactives. He was probably lucky and got in an otherwise good town, shame he couldn't be there to help them really.
Saying it's okay is sort of like saying you don't need to vote, after all, one person won't hurt...what does hurt, is when 75% of a lot of towns are inactive, and I'm sure many of them thought "Eh, I'm just one guy out of 40, I can be inactive"

I'm not saying being inactive is BAD NEWZ, just that really if you can avoid it it's not OK, since inactives really add up quickly (I know I'm just unlucky but in my towns at best 25 people were inactive.  At worst, 32.)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: December 13, 2010, 07:57:31 am »

Haa, a thread on this game! :D I'm addicted to it, as well as DF... :P
Most times I've died on the first day, the first couple of towns it was my fault, the other two it was the town's fault. :/ Anyway, I had one really great town... Well, by my standards. I survived three days, then got stranded outside trying to thin down the number of zombies.

My current town, Crazy Cairn, looks pretty good, we had an annoying griefer that tried to ruin things, but everyone else seems mostly active. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: December 13, 2010, 11:01:00 am »

Yay, ADD people everywhere

We posted 10 message NOT to build upgraded map and the like, since we needed the iron for workshop. So they go oin and build barbs and wall strenthening. If tonihght we dont have enough iron for workshop ill just go sleep in the desert.

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: December 13, 2010, 11:09:58 am »

We posted 10 message NOT to build upgraded map and the like, since we needed the iron for workshop. So they go oin and build barbs and wall strenthening. If tonihght we dont have enough iron for workshop ill just go sleep in the desert.
Dude, if you survived long enough to get barbs up, even if it's something you really really didn't want built, don't suicide, you are lucky.

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: December 13, 2010, 11:23:07 am »

The only sure way to get workshop built is to hoard planks and iron in your houses. On the first day, new players have no idea you're supposed to go to the forums, so they build everything that's clickable. Doesn't matter if you send them PMs first thing, it takes them a while to notice the little flashing envelope.

When you first spawn on Day 1, get two or three people who look like they know what they're doing (usually the ones calling for workshop to be built) and ask them to hold three or four planks/iron each in their houses while they go out to scavenge. That way if someone finds cement, you'll get the workshop built immediately when you all get back to town. Don't sweat it if one of the hoarders doesn't come back online immediately, it's easier to compensate for a shortfall of 3 planks or iron, rather than 8 or 10.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: December 13, 2010, 11:54:24 am »

Thats an idea. But really its almost sad. They build thos 3 things ( that give mediocre or no def but take iron) while we are full of planks and they could have built the great pit easily with spares.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: December 13, 2010, 04:02:43 pm »

Hmm looks like maybe get factory day 1 (8ap away) with a hacksaw as well... I'm liking this town so far.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: December 13, 2010, 04:11:21 pm »

Stay in it, if people dont start dieing in droves you have the building block for a very good city

optimumtact

• Bay Watcher
  • I even have sheep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: December 16, 2010, 02:40:55 am »

Is there a coalition for Bay12Games members?
alternately, I could just take some LSD or something...

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: December 16, 2010, 03:26:42 am »

Is there a coalition for Bay12Games members?

There isn't a single coalition per say, capacity is only 5 members after all, but there is a Town that was created by Bay12 folks.

Lands of 1000 Deaths it's called. It's pretty sweet. It's Day 4 and we've built the Pump, Butcher, Upgradable Wall, Search Tower, Factory, and a bunch of defenses including the Interior Wall. Still could do with a Hacksaw though.

The only other problem we have is with a local drug dealer who is getting everyone hooked on his Twinoid.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 05:10:51 am by Glowcat »
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: December 16, 2010, 03:29:07 am »

Oh, and the town is already completely surrounded by packs of zombies, so solitary people can't go anywhere.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 127