Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 127

Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 169160 times)

optimumtact

• Bay Watcher
  • I even have sheep
    • View Profile
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #1800 on: December 16, 2010, 04:53:38 am »

If I die in my current town, do I have the ability to pick that town to join?
alternately, I could just take some LSD or something...

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: December 16, 2010, 05:45:16 am »

Nope you start in a new town again.

I suggest check the player list for players you know before joining.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: December 16, 2010, 05:56:38 am »

Nope you start in a new town again.

I suggest check the player list for players you know before joining.
You can't unless you're a hero...

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: December 16, 2010, 06:03:16 am »

You sure? You could in the beta, the little plus next to the town showed who was in it. You couldn't choose which town to join but there was rarely more than one so join random would always join that one.
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: December 16, 2010, 06:07:07 am »

You sure? You could in the beta, the little plus next to the town showed who was in it. You couldn't choose which town to join but there was rarely more than one so join random would always join that one.
They got rid of a number of features after the beta ended...I think that, and the World Forums.

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1805 on: December 16, 2010, 11:50:30 am »

You can still see who is in the town, but since there are usually 2 regular towns open and you can't chose which one it's pretty pointless.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: December 16, 2010, 02:37:50 pm »

Out of curiosity, how many days do you have to survive in a row to get 100 soul points immediately?

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: December 16, 2010, 02:47:14 pm »

I still don't know how I feel about getting to the factory on day 1. -1 AP isn't that great, really. You have to take into account how many projects you have to do to repay the cost of the building AND the resources. It is quiet a few.

Not only that, but by day 3 or 4, planks are very much the least of your worries. You really need either the upgraded tower to replenish zones or some way of clearing out Zombies so you can make it to the non-depleted ones. No nuts and bolts = no advanced defense and no surviving day 6.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: December 16, 2010, 05:07:30 pm »

Out of curiosity, how many days do you have to survive in a row to get 100 soul points immediately?

Something like 13 or 14 if I recall correctly.

I still don't know how I feel about getting to the factory on day 1. -1 AP isn't that great, really. You have to take into account how many projects you have to do to repay the cost of the building AND the resources. It is quiet a few.

Not only that, but by day 3 or 4, planks are very much the least of your worries. You really need either the upgraded tower to replenish zones or some way of clearing out Zombies so you can make it to the non-depleted ones. No nuts and bolts = no advanced defense and no surviving day 6.

Pretty much out of planks on day 4 where I am and so the factory has been handy with the amount of conversions. Maybe half our build ap is going into them each day. There isn't any reason you can't have built both the search tower and the factory day 1 either.

Nuts and bolts are always the key thing though :/

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: December 17, 2010, 03:40:29 pm »

Yes but by day 4 you have several zones of depletion and scavenging further out takes a lot of planning. That means an easy supply of planks and iron but an almost zero supply of nuts and bolts.

If you can get zones going non-depleted from day 1, you stand to gain a hell of a lot more than if you can get converting logs to planks.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: December 17, 2010, 03:58:35 pm »

If you can get zones going non-depleted from day 1, you stand to gain a hell of a lot more than if you can get converting logs to planks.

I don't see how building the factory stops you doing that?

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: December 17, 2010, 04:09:00 pm »

I am saying don't build the workshop and factory on day 1. Get your tower up, get the addition that lets you undeplete zones, and upgrade that addtion on day one. Many many zones get depleted the first day, you need to get the recharged asap. Day two can see the workshop and possibly the factory. You shouldn't need to be converting logs to planks before then anyways.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: December 17, 2010, 04:24:45 pm »

I am saying don't build the workshop and factory on day 1. Get your tower up, get the addition that lets you undeplete zones, and upgrade that addtion on day one. Many many zones get depleted the first day, you need to get the recharged asap. Day two can see the workshop and possibly the factory. You shouldn't need to be converting logs to planks before then anyways.

what do you build instead of the workshop and factory?

bare in mind that we'd also have the wall, watertower and seachtower anyway.

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: December 17, 2010, 08:28:46 pm »

This would be in an ideal, theoretical town, where everyone reads the forums.

In an actual game, you've got half the town clicking on anything buildable on the first day (instead of going out  to scavenge). You need workshop for survival reasons - you can usually only hoard enough mats for one building, and if you don't hoard for it, you'll lose the chance to build it later.

If you do not make workshop a priority, all your planks will be belong to them.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: December 17, 2010, 09:05:04 pm »

This would be in an ideal, theoretical town, where everyone reads the forums.

In an actual game, you've got half the town clicking on anything buildable on the first day (instead of going out  to scavenge). You need workshop for survival reasons - you can usually only hoard enough mats for one building, and if you don't hoard for it, you'll lose the chance to build it later.

If you do not make workshop a priority, all your planks will be belong to them.

Haha. I feel lucky then. While this town might not be the ideal theoretical town (8 or so deadbeats. Now just dead.) it's still an awesome one. Day four, not a single hovel, but Workshop, Factory, Great Pit, Vegetable Plot, Search Tower and a carpload of other good stuff...seems most people here have their heads screwed on right.

Now if only we could scav more Nuts & Bolts...
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 127