Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22

Author Topic: Intensifying Mod ver 0.23  (Read 61947 times)

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.21
« Reply #285 on: January 17, 2012, 03:33:57 am »

Would people be happy if I mod out fire? I personally play with TEMPERATURE:OFF so I'm not affected by it. However, fire is very hard to control with with little fun factor involved so I'm thinking of limiting it to controllable levels. Ideally, objects wont catch or spread fire. They will still be damaged/melted/boiled from exposure to the heat though.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 18, 2012, 11:43:28 am »

Why do you think it involves little fun or is difficult to control?
It's really rare event anyway and most of the time its willfully  induced by player.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 19, 2012, 06:20:18 am »

Cue dragon.  :P
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 23, 2012, 11:35:13 am »

Test, test, test.
YES, I CAN POST AGAIN!!. New release imminent.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.22
« Reply #289 on: January 24, 2012, 02:09:42 am »

Download at the depot

.22 changes
+ Fixed a FD civ issue. Some FD civs now properly siege in the first winter or second spring.
+ Fixed an issue with kitchen sink reactions not spawning products properly
+ Added a custom furnace, the auto-smelter, taking over automatic smelting after magma has been discovered.
+ Fixed an issue with moldy stone dupping by introducing yeast and make moldy stones splitting into them beforehand directly.
+ Fixed an issue with cave wheat milling not spawning seeds
+ Fixed an issue with pod sweet milling spawning seeds
+ Made quarry bush the dye-bearing plant instead of plump helmet

Mostly bugfixes since I'm focusing on data preparation for the second creature overhaul.

+ Fixed a FD civ issue
Some lingering issues with FD civs dieing out early in world gen. Now you can count on tigermen, furies, stranglers and frogmen to arrive very early. They dont wear any body armor however, so axes should make short works of these guys.

+ Fixed an issue with kitchen sink reactions not spawning products properly
To be more precise, I develop on more then one computer and forgot to sync them, making the kitchen trying to spawn non-existing mining kit tools.

+ Added a custom furnace, the auto-smelter, taking over automatic smelting after magma has been discovered
Wierd bug, really.

+ Fixed an issue with moldy stone dupping by introducing yeast and make moldy stones splitting into them beforehand directly
Because brewing try to determine the amount of products based on the amount of plant used so the amount of moldy stones steadily increase over time. This has been fixed by having the stones automatically split into small yeast pouches using the plant processing labour at the kitchen. I know this is a very adhoc and unintuitive solution but I cant think of anything better.

+ Fixed an issue with cave wheat milling not spawning seeds
+ Fixed an issue with pod sweet milling spawning seeds
+ Made quarry bush the dye-bearing plant instead of plump helmet
Plump helmets are now very hard to sustain to suit an emergency role. You can grow them quick but you cant grow them strong and usually would have just enough of these guys instead of being able to grow fields and fields to export.

+ Minor adjustments
Good luck noticing them all ;)

Why do you think it involves little fun or is difficult to control?
It's really rare event anyway and most of the time its willfully  induced by player.
Have you tried to fight the new elemental fire? In the upcoming creature overhaul it'd definitely be seen ALOT. And guess what? Dwarves are guaranteed to burn melt to death if they fight it in melee even if they dont get hit by it. God forbid if any of them succeed in getting back to the fort...

EDIT: A rather big changes: I've found out chief medical dwarves arent needed for diagnosis and are only around for the health screen. Due to this reason, they no longer have any mandates.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 09:24:22 am by rephikul »

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 24, 2012, 12:54:11 pm »

I was going to put this in another thread where this was brought up, but felt it'd be more visible to you here:
I've been constantly asked to make a "just simpler" version of my mod but I cannot tell what's "just simple" myself. For instant, some have told me they like the make-block-color-of-choise reactions, which's clearly an addition, in their "simpler only" posts. I think they dont want a simple-only mod, they want a megaproject building oriented mod which I dont know how to make myself.
For a "simplification mod," I'd want only things removed. Your mod removes things, sure, but it also has this huge long list of changes, and even when I tried it it felt very different. Things like sea monsters and serpents showing up in the caverns, crundles and bugbats appearing in even large numbers than normal, and some bizarre creature that flew around the surface and inexplicably left a ring (IIRC ruby) behind when it died  ???

Just reading the "features" list tells me that your mod isn't satisfactory to me; I don't want controllable elves, I don't want elves with racial combat skills, I don't want elves changed at all except inasmuch as is necessary to remove their clothing. The whole "more dangerous wildlife" thing is just annoying; random syndromes isn't the right way to implement those things and isn't even a good hack to do it, pets that require more management than simple pastures don't seriously increase the game's difficulty but just make more busy work for you, and if I want more challenging sieges I'll install FD myself, thank you very much. I also don't like the economy "improvements," noble, metal, or skill overhauls, or the inclusion of any custom reactions.

The only things that I like about your mod are the simplified body plans, removal of functionally-identical raws, and automatic smelting (which I admit is technically a set of custom reactions). The worst part is that that seems to be about where you started, and then as you worked more and more on the mod you added more and more crap in. I've thought about making a true simplification mod, to those specifications, based off of yours, but I've not had the time or expertise necessary to actually do it, given that it's actually a pretty big project to alter the body plans from what I've been able to tell.

So, a "just simpler" mod would: remove functionally-duplicate raws, simplify body plans, and remove clothing. Nothing else. You know, a mod that just simplifies things.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 24, 2012, 01:50:46 pm »

I'm going to do a bit of nitpicking before the main reply.

The whole "more dangerous wildlife" thing is just annoying; random syndromes isn't the right way to implement those things and isn't even a good hack to do it.
It's actually the point: Randomly drop by in large number, screw up trap lines to bait and gore some of the idiots that run out. Wildlifes are present the moment you embark so it's not fair to make them overwhelmingly fatal. "Random syndromes" are used as they are because they are very easy to notice. It's easier to understand that your dwarves wont have much chance against a deer because its ram inject shockwave just like an elephant's kick or a megabeast's stomp would then if I massively increase the deer's size because there's no good visual indicator for the change in size. When possible, I try to make it intuitive for a random player who dont read the long list of feature and just want to play. Most of the systems exist as is arent totally random.

pets that require more management than simple pastures don't seriously increase the game's difficulty but just make more busy work for you
What I actually meant was "dwarven management" and not "player time". Pets in my mod go to the food stockpiles and water sources by themselves and require no micromanagement. I consider it a superior solution to pasture. Ironically pasture was implemented not long after my feature and introduced some unsolvable bugs effecting my feature.

and if I want more challenging sieges I'll install FD myself, thank you very much.
The decision of adding FD was due to the large amount of variations need to be kept to make my mod FD compatible. Rest assured however, for your opinion is shared by many and once I've stabilized my variation of FD, it'd be set to be optional.

I also don't like the economy "improvements," noble, metal, or skill overhauls
Oddily enough much of theses I consider bugfix. The irrational noble bug, fixed by allowing the player to choose who to give the mandates. The metal weapon cant pierce metal armor of the same metal bug, fixed by metal adjustments. The dwarves get legendary too quickly and too many useless immigrant bugs, fixed by the skill overhaul.

The worst part is that that seems to be about where you started, and then as you worked more and more on the mod you added more and more crap in.
Because I work on the parts of the game where I found the most annoying first ;p

So, a "just simpler" mod would: remove functionally-duplicate raws, simplify body plans, and remove clothing. Nothing else. You know, a mod that just simplifies things.
There's an easy way and a hard way. The easy way can be done very fast, but will generate lots of worldgen errors (but wont be noticable in-game). The hard way will take... sometimes... as I have to rewrite every core creatures again from a vanilla raw. Then test them. What would you prefer?

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 24, 2012, 02:53:42 pm »

It's actually the point: Randomly drop by in large number, screw up trap lines to bait and gore some of the idiots that run out.
"Actually the point?" That doesn't make it anything but irritating. It also doesn't make syndromes a good way to implement various "special effects" on creatures' attacks. Those effects probably should be in the game, but the way they're implemented here is just bad.

What I actually meant was "dwarven management" and not "player time". Pets in my mod go to the food stockpiles and water sources by themselves and require no micromanagement. I consider it a superior solution to pasture. Ironically pasture was implemented not long after my feature and introduced some unsolvable bugs effecting my feature.
They also cause no significant amount of additional dwarven management except for that the player has to do. Again, requiring pets to eat and drink like you do simply makes more busy work for the player, which is not fun, and doesn't make the game significantly more Fun, either.

Oddily enough much of theses I consider bugfix. The irrational noble bug, fixed by allowing the player to choose who to give the mandates. The metal weapon cant pierce metal armor of the same metal bug, fixed by metal adjustments. The dwarves get legendary too quickly and too many useless immigrant bugs, fixed by the skill overhaul.
I don't think that those are bugs, though. Some of those are somewhat-irritating parts of the game. Nobles are supposed to be more "management" than "useful," so they should have some authority to take the fort in the direction they want. Really, piercing metal armor with anything but a very much superior metal shouldn't be realistically possible. Important skills, like metalworking, are difficult enough to raise as-is, and it breaks verisimilitude to have them increase faster than other skills. That whole category of "fixes" aren't.

There's an easy way and a hard way. The easy way can be done very fast, but will generate lots of worldgen errors (but wont be noticable in-game). The hard way will take... sometimes... as I have to rewrite every core creatures again from a vanilla raw. Then test them. What would you prefer?
The easy way is, as you say, fairly fast. I know how to do that myself for the most part. Going through the various stones and soils and removing functional duplicates is pretty easy. Same with plants. I've already removed clothing; as it doesn't actually involve any typing, just deleting, it's pretty easy. For the most part, except for simplifying body plans, all of those things are fairly readily-done; they just take some reading on the wiki to figure out what's actually identical and a coin flip or dice roll to decide which to remove.

As such, while I'd prefer the "hard way" - if things are going to be done, they should be done right - I have some awareness of what it'd actually take. I'm not actually asking you to do it, since I am aware that it would be quite a long process; your question was, "what would a 'just simpler' mod look like?" and I answered that question with what I felt such a mod should include and what it shouldn't include. The Intensifying Mod, as is, includes a ton of stuff I feel a "just simpler" mod shouldn't, so it doesn't qualify.

Were I to make a Simplification Mod, I'd probably make it highly modular as described in the spoiler (since I feel it'll get long):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 24, 2012, 03:52:12 pm »

It's actually the point: Randomly drop by in large number, screw up trap lines to bait and gore some of the idiots that run out.
"Actually the point?" That doesn't make it anything but irritating. It also doesn't make syndromes a good way to implement various "special effects" on creatures' attacks. Those effects probably should be in the game, but the way they're implemented here is just bad.
The point is to make it irritating. The players need to be able to cope with losses and move on. And, I dont know how to make special effects aside from syndromes. Enlighten me if you have any idea.

They also cause no significant amount of additional dwarven management except for that the player has to do. Again, requiring pets to eat and drink like you do simply makes more busy work for the player, which is not fun, and doesn't make the game significantly more Fun, either.
It does. The burden of extra food production now lies on dwarves, chipping away dwarven time which can be used for other things such as making equipments for themselves or trade goods to sell away. The maintenance factor of pets also affect how the player can use them. For example, if the player has obtained a dragon pet, he cant just chain him outside and hope the dragon's steel skin to tank every single siege coming his way without a single loss because dwarves have to somehow feed them occasionally. Sure all of these occasional losses are minor, but every single minor things add up.

Really, piercing metal armor with anything but a very much superior metal shouldn't be realistically possible.
At its height, medieval war gears were all steel. People died. You do the math.

Important skills, like metalworking, are difficult enough to raise as-is, and it breaks verisimilitude to have them increase faster than other skills. That whole category of "fixes" aren't.
As much as you do, I'd like to go this route too. However, xp gain need to be balanced against the chance of a high master immigrant or artificers. Neither of which can be adjusted with the current modding system. If the chance is too low, people would just gamble for good immigrants instead of wasting valuable ores training one. Sometimes I settle for awkward solutions due to reasons like that.

-Snip-
So... Yeah, if I were to make a simplification mod, that's about how I'd do it. I'm not 100% certain how viable all those things are, but I think that with enough effort they could be made to work. The hard part would be replacing body plans.
If you use an automatic raw replacer then you dont need to keep too many raw copy and allow you to fine tune the level of changes required. Since changes to body plans are sweeping, it can be solved with the help of some relatively simple IF-ELSE. That's the thing I talked about in the other topic, since I personally have never used automatic raw replacer before but it is the most efficient way to keep things compact and highly customizable. You dont ask me to do this, yes. But I am a god damned programer during day and I consider this a valuable chance to learn more about usability.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 03:56:00 pm by rephikul »

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 24, 2012, 04:19:05 pm »

The point is to make it irritating. The players need to be able to cope with losses and move on. And, I dont know how to make special effects aside from syndromes. Enlighten me if you have any idea.
Irritating is not good game (or game mod) design. Especially not intentionally irritating; annoying game features are a mistake, and the best games

I don't have any other idea how to build in effects like that, I just don't think syndromes are the right way to do it. As is, the combat system is supposed to model these things with bleeding and similar effects. It doesn't seem to do a particularly good job, but they should be done as part of generic wounds themselves.

It does. The burden of extra food production now lies on dwarves, chipping away dwarven time which can be used for other things such as making equipments for themselves or trade goods to sell away. The maintenance factor of pets also affect how the player can use them. For example, if the player has obtained a dragon pet, he cant just chain him outside and hope the dragon's steel skin to tank every single siege coming his way without a single loss because dwarves have to somehow feed them occasionally. Sure all of these occasional losses are minor, but every single minor things add up.
Requiring extra booze production is a negligible effect, since making far more than you could ever need is trivial. Extra meat production simply requires more micromanagement on the player's part, making sure to slaughter animals regularly, and doesn't significantly affect dwarves' time (which is the cheapest resource in the game). It does not significantly increase Fun.

The math involves people getting pulled down and stabbed through the joints of their armor, or had their helmets bashed in by blunt weapons. Knights didn't get stabbed through the middle of their plate armor, and even steel linked-ring armor blocked steel weapons.

As much as you do, I'd like to go this route too. However, xp gain need to be balanced against the chance of a high master immigrant or artificers. Neither of which can be adjusted with the current modding system. If the chance is too low, people would just gamble for good immigrants instead of wasting valuable ores training one. Sometimes I settle for awkward solutions due to reasons like that.
Fair enough. I feel the awkwardness of the solution you've used outweighs the problem that it was supposed to solve, but I can see how your opinion would differ.

If you use an automatic raw replacer then you dont need to keep too many raw copy and allow you to fine tune the level of changes required. Since changes to body plans are sweeping, it can be solved with the help of some relatively simple IF-ELSE. That's the thing I talked about in the other topic, since I personally have never used automatic raw replacer before but it is the most efficient way to keep things compact and highly customizable. You dont ask me to do this, yes. But I am a god damned programer during day and I consider this a valuable chance to learn more about usability.
I'm not sure how to do any of that. What automatic raw replacer programs are there? Unfortunately, while I know enough about modding to do small things and fixes as well as know basically what's possible and what isn't, I've never done any large-scale mods like this.

Basically, though, my view of a simplification mod changes as little as possible while removing elements. I'm working off the definition for "simple" as being "as few parts as necessary" or "free of secondary complications," so making things simpler involves removing unnecessary parts, mostly redundancies.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 24, 2012, 05:14:32 pm »

The point is to make it irritating. The players need to be able to cope with losses and move on.
Irritating is not good game (or game mod) design. Especially not intentionally irritating; annoying game features are a mistake, and the best games
"Be able to cope" is the key word here. When you treat dwarves as pawns and you think 10 logs are more valuable then a peasant's hide it stops being irritating. It'd turns into a game of "I have about 6 dwarven lives before I can lose. How do I best spend them?" It's irritating for vanilla players, that's for sure. They wall up against anything and everything.

Requiring extra booze production is a negligible effect, since making far more than you could ever need is trivial. Extra meat production simply requires more micromanagement on the player's part, making sure to slaughter animals regularly, and doesn't significantly affect dwarves' time (which is the cheapest resource in the game). It does not significantly increase Fun.
In IM, you cannot afford to brew extra booze... making enough booze is already hard as is. Fortunately pets dont drink booze, just plain water. You cannot afford extra meat EITHER because dwarves's cheapest embarking pet is horse and horses are neither cheap nor easy to breed. They are best kept around for cheese anyway. If you try to tame wild animals, it'd take whole meat stack (thank you, stack bug) which is moot because they themselves produce whole stacks. Otherwise profitable animals in vanilla such as elephants cannot be butchered cause they are revered war animals. If you brave the wild and hunt for food... Well that's literally jumping in the lion's pit. You see, I've made many minor adjustments that work in tandem with each other to discourage pet explosions. Pet explosion is very bad, because pets make excellent meat shields.

The math involves people getting pulled down and stabbed through the joints of their armor, or had their helmets bashed in by blunt weapons. Knights didn't get stabbed through the middle of their plate armor, and even steel linked-ring armor blocked steel weapons.
Which's not well represented in DF at all. So let's just skip the non-existing stuff and say steel spears can penetrate steel armors. The buff is still in moderation though, and is only noticeable with 2h weapons.

Basically, though, my view of a simplification mod changes as little as possible while removing elements. I'm working off the definition for "simple" as being "as few parts as necessary" or "free of secondary complications," so making things simpler involves removing unnecessary parts, mostly redundancies.
The prime issue is redundancy ala variation and details is also a contribution to fun. Your and my idea of fun cant be the same as everyone else and this is all opinion-based so it's hard to strike a balance. The second issue is the solution for some bug fixes (like much of my stuff) are not also universally accepted either, and sometimes they overlap. For example, the body simplification fix and the clothes claiming fix both require changes in the creature_*.txt files. Again, opinion!! That's why I havent actually made a simple-only mod because the it's so hard to emulate other people's train of thought.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 24, 2012, 06:11:42 pm »

"Be able to cope" is the key word here. When you treat dwarves as pawns and you think 10 logs are more valuable then a peasant's hide it stops being irritating. It'd turns into a game of "I have about 6 dwarven lives before I can lose. How do I best spend them?" It's irritating for vanilla players, that's for sure. They wall up against anything and everything.
The point is that "irritating" doesn't make good game or mod design. Being willing to let dwarves die instead of savescumming back to before they perished is all well and good, but that doesn't make "features" that are intentionally designed to bother people good gaming.

Besides, the examples in question - colossal hordes of pathetically-small critters, inexplicable giant amphibious creatures in the caverns (why are sea monsters and sea serpents there?!), and the... I looked it up, "abaddon" which is apparently intentionally inexplicable - don't really do any of the things you say they do. I remember when I used the mod the only things that got past my standard 1-thick line of serrated disc traps were the elk birds, and those had an undefined-material bug that made them invincible on some game loads. This part of the mod caused no additional losses, just annoyance and FPS drop.

Hmm... It appears that I still have the fort that I was using parts of IM on. I copied it over to my "Finished Fortresses" folder on Feb. 5th last year, and I'm 99% sure I stopped using IM after that. As such, my first-hand experience with the mod is probably from version 0.14 or thereabouts. More recent stuff I can't really speak to.

The prime issue is redundancy ala variation and details is also a contribution to fun. Your and my idea of fun cant be the same as everyone else and this is all opinion-based so it's hard to strike a balance.
Agreed, that's why my vision of a simplification mod includes so many options. Personally, I'd probably just use the basic body plan simplifier; that's the main thing I want from such a mod, to be honest. I just feel that the rest should be included as options so people who want more can have it.

The second issue is the solution for some bug fixes (like much of my stuff) are not also universally accepted either, and sometimes they overlap. For example, the body simplification fix and the clothes claiming fix both require changes in the creature_*.txt files. Again, opinion!! That's why I havent actually made a simple-only mod because the it's so hard to emulate other people's train of thought.
We've seen that bug fixes are not universally accepted, that's why we're having this conversation  ;D

I do see where you're coming from, and quite some time ago (very nearly a year, now) I asked about simplifying body plans and nothing else and you explained why that would be more involved than just altering the body plan files. That's the problem with simplification mods... They have to alter the vanilla raws quite extensively, which some people don't like doing, and doing that also tends to break compatibility with many other mods, which some people like even less. It's all quite tricky to get exactly right without a lot of modularity.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 28, 2012, 07:05:41 pm »

NecroRebel: "The math involves people getting pulled down and stabbed through the joints of their armor, or had their helmets bashed in by blunt weapons. Knights didn't get stabbed through the middle of their plate armor, and even steel linked-ring armor blocked steel weapons."

small fact, a 1 inch thick steel breastplate can be speared through with a steel shortsword in real life.
also, chainmail only reduces blunt impacts, and stops slashing edged weapons irl. a stab from a weapon would go through with ease.
also, an iron two handed sword is a giant ass heavy weight that happens to be sharp. it can and will punch straight through steel armor. (with significant damage to the sword though.)

the issue is that it takes a stronger armor to STOP something, than the material of the weapon striking it.
armors have lagged behind weapons for over a thousand years.

blunt > plate armor.
sharp > chainmail. (for stabbing at least)
chainmail > blunt. (diffuses impact) BUT: a mace can still break multiple ribs through it.
plate > sword. BUT: a stab or slash from a correctly sharpened sword can slice through it.

correctly sharpened sword: a common misconception is that you want a sword to be as sharp as physically possible, that is incorrect as a super-sharp sword can't hurt thick armor.
however a sword that is ever so slightly dull, catches on whatever it hits, transferring the force of the impact into a narrow area, breaking through the armor. but it has to still be sharp enough to cut skin and muscle.

not trying to be an ass necrorebel, just helping people break away from video-game/movie/book/whatever stereotypes and move into the wonderful world of actual fact.
ill go see if i can find a few wiki articles that are an interesting read or what-not.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 28, 2012, 07:34:37 pm »

Good lord NecroRebel 0.o

QQ much? If you don't like it so much why not....not play it. Or since you seem to have so much to bitch about go make your own mod. I don't see why Rephikul needs to cater to your every whim. Obviously he states people should mention if they dont like something but you could try and maybe be more constructive?

Aside from that mess that's clogging up the thread I am glad to see this back!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 07:46:48 pm by dennislp3 »

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 28, 2012, 11:32:28 pm »

ill go see if i can find a few wiki articles that are an interesting read or what-not.
wikipedia actually said they had to discard shields and started using 2h weaponizes because armors became too good. 1" steel plate actually is already bullet proof, lest alone allowing swords to pass through. Medieval wears arent so thick tho, but still good enough to stop most 1 handed weapons barring the like of military picks or war hammers.

If you don't like it so much why not....not play it.
As a software engineer who buy bread with code I'd say it's my failure if most people dont want what I have to offer. And he actually stopped playing. Jokes aside, I'm actually interested in the engineering challenge offered by the customization required in a lite version of my mod. I dont intend to bastardize this mod (I probably will tone down those damn tigermen tho, they are absolutely impossible for their siege grade) but will construct one anew for such purpose when I have time.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22