Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1782792 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #1727 on: September 10, 2012, 07:24:30 pm »

So I was walking to the K&K German import store like a boss and acquire extra-strong mints and 300g of Goldbears. I don't get a bag because it's two items of candy. On the way back along the seedier side of the street (not like crossing the road, the dividing line is some perpendicular rail tracks), I pass a guy and his girlfriend. Suddenly the guy screams "GET A BAG YOU LITTLE FREAK!"

I keep walking.
Should have told him: "Jesus she doesn't look that ugly :P"

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: September 10, 2012, 07:29:27 pm »

Man, his girl must have been so impressed. I'm sure she nearly fainted with want when she realized that he actually was capable of speech.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: September 10, 2012, 07:30:42 pm »

Now I'm picturing him with a stereotypical caveman voice. heheheheheheheheheheheheh.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: September 10, 2012, 07:37:33 pm »

And the ducks and axolotls would roam.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: September 10, 2012, 07:54:36 pm »

Rain is awesome. I hope it rains in afterlife-land. What if our afterlives were custom-fitted to our desires? It'd always rainstorm with red clouds in mine, and the pine trees would be everywhere.
As an atheist and a rationalist, science tells me that the molecules and atoms that make up my body will be returned to the earth. 70% of me will return to the water cycle.

In time, I will become the rain, and the soil, and the trees.

(Edit: I really hope I don't start a flame war over this. We've already had too many.)
Wow, I don't quite know why but this thought makes me weirdly happy.
So... Thanks for that little bit of perspective.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: September 11, 2012, 02:23:08 am »

I almost got assaulted a couple hours ago, and my nerves are still shot.  I'd just walked my friend to the bus stop after church and was returning there to find my ride, when I noticed a man sitting in the middle of the road (it's a back road, in the semi-seedy part of town, practically a dark alley).  Growing up in Vancouver one gets used to the junkies and homeless prowling about at night, and you're generally safe even if you're on your own as long as you keep a respectful distance and don't stare.
Anyway, this guy was sitting in the middle of the road I needed to take to get back to the church, and there was no way around him without getting close.  As I approached him I could hear him muttering and counting down my steps, and when I was about to pass him he got to one, shot to his feet and took a couple of steps toward me.  I, being already nervous about him, took a step back instinctively, but he didn't come any closer, and I managed to sidestep him and keep walking as he ranted at me.  I heard him take a few steps as I walked away and got ready to run, but fortunately a couple of friends drove up at that moment and pulled over to chat, so we chatted, and the man just stayed right where he was at the end of the road, still muttering to himself.
As we finished our conversation and I turned to keep going he came right up to the car and started yelling at me and into the window at my friends, threatening to actually attack the car, but we managed to talk him down and he walked off, ranting the entire time about how he wouldn't let us leave and standing in the middle of the street again, preventing the car from passing.  So they turned around as I was trying to get back inside the church, and since I couldn't find my key they got me to go with them for dinner.
That's not the end of it, either.  After dinner my ride and I had to head back to the church again to get to his car.  Fortunately the man had left by then, but I was freaking out and checking the shadows while we were there.
Fortunately I'm safely at home, now.  My heart's still pounding, I'm convinced that if things had gone a little different I could have actually been attacked.  Sorry for the long post, but since this is the Terrified thread and I was more scared then I have been in a really long time, well, yeah.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: September 11, 2012, 02:24:44 am »

Honestly you should probably of called the police. The dude doesn't sound quite sane and shouldn't be on the streets.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: September 11, 2012, 02:29:01 am »

I did consider it, but I wasn't thinking clearly enough at that point to actually do it.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: September 11, 2012, 05:20:37 am »

I almost got assaulted a couple hours ago, and my nerves are still shot.  I'd just walked my friend to the bus stop after church and was returning there to find my ride, when I noticed a man sitting in the middle of the road (it's a back road, in the semi-seedy part of town, practically a dark alley).  Growing up in Vancouver one gets used to the junkies and homeless prowling about at night, and you're generally safe even if you're on your own as long as you keep a respectful distance and don't stare.
Anyway, this guy was sitting in the middle of the road I needed to take to get back to the church, and there was no way around him without getting close.  As I approached him I could hear him muttering and counting down my steps, and when I was about to pass him he got to one, shot to his feet and took a couple of steps toward me.  I, being already nervous about him, took a step back instinctively, but he didn't come any closer, and I managed to sidestep him and keep walking as he ranted at me.  I heard him take a few steps as I walked away and got ready to run, but fortunately a couple of friends drove up at that moment and pulled over to chat, so we chatted, and the man just stayed right where he was at the end of the road, still muttering to himself.
As we finished our conversation and I turned to keep going he came right up to the car and started yelling at me and into the window at my friends, threatening to actually attack the car, but we managed to talk him down and he walked off, ranting the entire time about how he wouldn't let us leave and standing in the middle of the street again, preventing the car from passing.  So they turned around as I was trying to get back inside the church, and since I couldn't find my key they got me to go with them for dinner.
That's not the end of it, either.  After dinner my ride and I had to head back to the church again to get to his car.  Fortunately the man had left by then, but I was freaking out and checking the shadows while we were there.
Fortunately I'm safely at home, now.  My heart's still pounding, I'm convinced that if things had gone a little different I could have actually been attacked.  Sorry for the long post, but since this is the Terrified thread and I was more scared then I have been in a really long time, well, yeah.

Blimey. I've had near misses with people like that down in Melbourne. :/

My terror for the day was a strange one. I jumped because I was on a clanker-train, and as it pulled off there was a bang sound like the train had broken, or someone fired a gun.

Nope.
Was just the ancient couplings and axles complaining.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: September 16, 2012, 09:09:41 pm »

Well I'm out of the closet to my parents. They "need time to think about it."

In the terrified thread because I was and still am terrified. My father's distressed and my mother's in tears. They know exactly how I feel though, exactly how afraid I am of them, so maybe they'll see eventually.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: September 16, 2012, 09:32:39 pm »

Well I'm out of the closet to my parents. They "need time to think about it."

In the terrified thread because I was and still am terrified. My father's distressed and my mother's in tears. They know exactly how I feel though, exactly how afraid I am of them, so maybe they'll see eventually.
Everything will be okay. If not now, eventually they'll have to get their damned heads on straight.

* MaximumZero hugs.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: September 16, 2012, 09:36:39 pm »

Thank you :( I hope they will.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: September 16, 2012, 09:37:49 pm »

Well, no matter what happens, you'll always have us.

* Scelly9 dispenses hugs.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 1419