Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44

Author Topic: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)  (Read 308877 times)

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.00 (Initial Release!)
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2010, 05:04:20 pm »

Max its not the first viewer ;) but a very ambitious project. I think the more tools we have the better they get. Also the develpoers can learn from each other.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

SolPyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2010, 01:18:26 pm »

Does it work on a Mac? please tell me it works on a mac!
Quote from: Neil Gaiman
George R.R. Martin is not your b****.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2010, 01:28:47 pm »

Not right now, but when I get home tonight I'm going to see if I can compile it with Mono, which should make it cross-platform.

Also have some bug fixes with certain worlds that get stuck in loops and more event handling.

Edit: I think I will have to make some changes to make it cross platform, so I may not get that done tonight.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 01:47:58 pm by Parker147 »

pickupsticks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2010, 02:44:21 pm »

(10chars)

You guys are just awesome  :D

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2010, 07:31:24 pm »

Updated. Think I have all events handled now, so if the logs gives any errors let me know.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 09:07:46 pm by Parker147 »

bowdown2q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.01
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2010, 11:21:35 am »

this is pretty sweet. posting to watch.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2010, 07:51:36 pm »

Updated. Think I have all events handled now, so if the logs gives any errors let me know.

Don't know if you've found these events yet, but I'm going to be adding their details to the xml dump wiki article:

merchant
masterpiece item
artifact created
masterpiece engraving
masterpiece food
masterpiece item improvement
masterpiece lost
masterpiece arch constructed

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2010, 10:01:16 pm »

Got those, noticed I have a few other event types not on the wiki: diplomat lost, hf revived, masterpiece arch design, site abandoned, site died. Also need to start taking note of obsolete events. I think anything dealing with structures are no longer used and I've only ever seen "site taken over" in 31.17 games since I think "new site leader" replaces it in 31.18.

Started parsing event collections and think I got those done, not just need to start analyzing them and figure out how to display them.

Also if anyone on a mac/linux wants to help me test some things let me know. I played with Mono a bit and it seems to compile fine so I need to get some people to see if it actually works for them.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2010, 10:29:32 pm »

hf revived?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2010, 10:38:15 pm »

When dwarfs come back as ghosts in dwarf mode

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2010, 07:19:00 am »

Got those, noticed I have a few other event types not on the wiki: diplomat lost, hf revived, masterpiece arch design, site abandoned, site died. Also need to start taking note of obsolete events. I think anything dealing with structures are no longer used and I've only ever seen "site taken over" in 31.17 games since I think "new site leader" replaces it in 31.18.

Started parsing event collections and think I got those done, not just need to start analyzing them and figure out how to display them.

Also if anyone on a mac/linux wants to help me test some things let me know. I played with Mono a bit and it seems to compile fine so I need to get some people to see if it actually works for them.

Thanks for those, do you have any details on them?  Or a save you could pass on that has some of those events? 

I know "new site leader" existed back in the .31.12 days, so it might not have completely replaced site taken over, although they are similar (new site leader just has a hf as well).

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2010, 07:44:23 am »

I'd also like a few things, if possible.  One is to have a way to omit all of a certain type.  I don't care about all the gods my Kobolds have, I want to know about the Kobolds themselves!  I'd also appreciate a way to pick by caste.  Not just a male or female tick, but a caste selector.  It tells me which Kobold is a Dragontouched (my custom caste), but I just want to see that caste.

I'm loving how this is going, keep up the great work!

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2010, 08:46:57 am »

Added those events to the wiki.

I can add a caste selection. At some point I'll make a better search to select multiple things and omit things, but for now they way I have it was just the easiest way to do it so I didn't have to spend much time on it yet.

tenach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Personal Blog
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2010, 11:43:10 pm »

Not right now, but when I get home tonight I'm going to see if I can compile it with Mono, which should make it cross-platform.
<snip>

How's the compiling with Mono going?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2010, 12:03:11 am »

I remember the investigative thread popping up for this in the mod forum.  Didn't notice the release until just now.  Awesome!  Will definitely check it out tonight.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44